Is your LG TV rebooting restarting? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 05-25-2012, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14

Please post model year, model number, firmware and how often it reboots. which input were you watching when it turned off then back on again or is it any input?

Mine is a

LG 55" 55LM8600
Firmware: 03.01.34
It will restart on any input once or twice an hour, one time it restarted 3 times in an hour.

If you're using Medialink you will know it restarted because you will have to go back to your video file and resume from where it left off. If your watching TV or any of the inputs it restarts so quick shows LG splash logo then resumes whatever you're watching.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-26-2012, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Doesn't happen at all with mine. Have you called LG? It's got to be under warranty if it's a 2012.
post #3 of 11 Old 05-29-2012, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

Doesn't happen at all with mine. Have you called LG? It's got to be under warranty if it's a 2012.

It's under 30 days Amazon is replacing it but there's quite a few people that are over 30 days. They've never had problem until after 30 days or 2 months. They've had their power supply replaced and it still does the same thing.
post #4 of 11 Old 06-11-2012, 03:13 AM

Liked: 10
same problem here, only in DVB-T I Think.

LG 47" 47LM671s
Firmware: 03.03.50

Any solution? LG changed the tv but the problem persist.
post #5 of 11 Old 06-11-2012, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

Since we are calling a call center in the Philipines for customer service I think we all need to ask for the escalation department which is USA based. Tell them newer builds TV has been replaced by Amazon, mainboards & power supplies has been replaced issue still occurs. Maybe they can get a word to their engineers to send out a firmware update.

I don't believe their is a memo or bulletin going around LG about this issue either they are letting their technicians replace mainboard & power supply to see if it resolves issue or they're not fully aware of it yet.

My second brand new LG 55LM8600 I hung a fan that helped a little but it still happened once.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1410096/official-lg-47lm8600-55lm8600-owners-thread/270#post_22115105

Since it's a dual core and yours is not I was thinking it's probably not a overheating issue hopefully a firmware update will resolve it.

Reboot issues
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1397173/official-lg-47lm6700-55lm6700-passive-3d-owners-thread-2012/870#post_22118186
Zofiel likes this.
post #6 of 11 Old 07-28-2012, 10:10 AM

i have a new set out of the box for 4 days now, experienced issue on all HMDI inputs. i get a vertical bar picture, clicks and pops sent to audio reciever via toss link, a reboot followed by a flickering/pulsating screen. Occurs primarliy during a cold start, but does happen through out the day randomly. noticed it on HMDI input 1 which is a uverse box. Noticed it on HMDI which is XBOX. Have NOT had it occur on HMDI 2 input, which is a LG 3d Blue Ray purchased with tv. Could it be a compatibility issue with HMDI devices that are not LG? Could it be a HMDI Version 2 cable requirement? Not sure on the cable statement, but remember seeing something about HMDI 2, etc. If I remember correctly, HMDI2 supports devices for a 3D data return. All just speculation on my part. Returning tv to DELL as it is 100% unacceptable. Will get a different brand. Its a shame, because I like the picture, navigation, design, and overall functionality of the TV........

I am attaching an image of the vertical bars i get before the reboot.
post #7 of 11 Old 01-09-2013, 11:20 PM

did not find a solution but a work around.. just disconnect from the network and it will work again.
post #8 of 11 Old 01-10-2013, 07:17 AM

yeah, i think so, did not find a solution but a work around.. just disconnect from the network and it will work again.1.gif
post #9 of 11 Old 10-23-2013, 08:58 PM

the problem is same as mentioned in the forum here.

Basically as the media server and tv connected to the same network.

solution would be disconnect tv from network (cable or wireless) when you are watching content on media server through HDMI or other direct connection with TV.

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=58652&pid=543554

from my experience this only happens when I have connected my media server to TV through HDMI connection - leaving wireless connection on TV unused - I have tried to describe it more logically here . below set up don't work and keep restarting TV.

Connection 1 - TV -> Wireless Dongle -> Wi-Fi Router -> UNUSED
Connection 2 - TV -> HDMI Cable -> Media Server -> Wi-Fi Router -> internet
post #10 of 11 Old 09-04-2014, 11:40 AM

Liked: 0
Check for Overheat

If you've never changed a tire or know how to replace a wall switch DO NOT ATTEMPT!

Take back cover off TV and aim a fan at the Video Processing Board.

Run it.... On high as it goes Full Res.

If it stays on its overheating.

If it shuts down still. Try Unplugging the Input Pad. (Turn it on from pad before unplugging)

Other than that I'd try the power supply.
post #11 of 11 Old 10-08-2014, 08:25 AM

Liked: 0
LG LM557600 - REBOOTING issue's... No Fix from LG

I own the 55LM7600 and I've own the TV for about 2 years and 5 months ago it started rebooting itself once/twice every hour. I was out of warranty but contacted LG anyways to try my luck and to my surprise they requested my proof of purchase in order to have the set repaired at no cost. I was THRILLED!!!! or so I thought.

A new main board was installed and 45 minutes after the tech left, the damn thing rebooted 4 times within a 45 minute timeframe. Then it worked great for 2 days, then on the 3rd the rebooting started again. I contacted LG again, they sent the same tech out, they ran test, they were able to see the multiple reboots on tech screen and they switched out the main board again. Oh I forgot to mention that all this started after their last Firmware update and I'm sure LG knows some code error was made.... They act like this is an isolated issue when it is cleary affecting 80% of the people who own these sets.

To make a long story short, I'm currently on my 3rd main board and they are coming out again this Saturday to install yet another one... WTF!!!! I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING LG AGAIN, EVER!!!!! I own a cheap Emerson that I bought my 10 year old for his room on a Black Friday sale at Walmart (40" LCD for $150) and it works amazingly fine; we've owned that TV for 6 years now and LG that is Superior to Emerson can't get this rebooting issues fixed. Really!!! So upsetting. NEVER BUY LG - Stay the HELL AWAY from them everyone!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 55lm8600 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Lg 47 Inch Class Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page