My first post. I have found myself here looking for some advice from professionals
I am in the market for a new LED TV (not a plasma, I know they have advantages but i prefer LCD/LED). I have nailed it down to the below three. All will be a 55inch. I will be using it for normal tv/foxtel and some ps3 gaming with some occasional blueray playback. Will also have a media centre hooked up. Not really interested in the gimmicks just want a really good all round picture with decent 3d incase I get into it. I also watch alot of sports. The choices are:
1) Sony HX925 (aka HX929,HX923) (around $2700)
2) Sony HX850 ($3300)
3) Samsung ES8000 ($3500)
I have been scaling the web looking at reviews but i cant really find anything that will give me a staight answer on what would be the best tv. They compare the samsung to the lg, the sony to a plasma etc lol. I have looked at all 3 in store and change my mind each time depending on how the store sets them up. The sony looks classier but the samsung looks like its floating
The ES8000 gets the better reviews it seems but what do you all think.
The questions I have are:
1) Is the crease issue on the HX925 on every set or just the earlier ones? (i didnt notice anything in store??)
2) Is the blooming on the HX925 as bad as the review say? (are they noticable or is it just compared to a plasma they are bad?)
3) Between the HX825 and HX925 does the HX850 produce the better picture?? Reviews seem to point to this bar, the cnet review. I know its edge lit but is this new and better tech than last years backlit? They pretty much look alike and i havnt been able to see them side by side. The hx925 is the flagship but the hx825 is newer/more expensive.
4) On a video review on youtube they state the samsung suffers from bad screen uniformity and if you want a tv with an awsome picture this isnt the one, but give it thumbs up for everything else. This seems to differ form other reviews which state its the best you can get... so confusing?????? Any experiences. In store they are alwasy set up in a bright area so i cant tell.
5) They say the sony suffers from lag (when gaming) but to me in store it looks like the sony's are much smoother than the samsung?? Is the lag noticable/unplayable or just like a regular lcd.? (i currently own a series 6 lcd and dont notice anything)
6) What would you all recommend?? Take out apps/netflix etc. I am not biased toward either brand just after the best set.
Thanks for your help!!! hope you can help!