No sound from HDMI connection to Bravia 46NX810 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-28-2012, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I have a Bravia 46NX810. I am connecting my PC to it via HDMI and using a male-to-male audio cable for sound. I have the HDMI connection in HDMI 2 under the "PC input" section of the TV and also plugged in the male-to-male audio cable in the same section area.

I am getting perfect picture, but no sound. I do not have a receiver, I plan on playing the sound through my Bravia speakers. My computer has an Essence ST audio card.

I would appreciate any help, it's driving me nuts. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-28-2012, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 370
My Sony has an 1/8" stereo jack for PC audio input. Sounds like yours is connected to the TV's output, not input.

Also you'll have to disable your PC's digital output in order for the analog output to work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 Old 05-28-2012, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Isn't HDMI a video/audio connection? Why u have to use a separate audio connection is odd.

post #4 of 5 Old 05-28-2012, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 370
HDMI from many PCs carry only video due to source being DVI. I personally use coax/optical straight to my AVR so I get DD 5.1 at least.

post #5 of 5 Old 05-28-2012, 03:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I had to make a setting change on my PC to tell it to also output audio over it's HDMI connection.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page