Vizio M3D550KD - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 687 Old 08-22-2012, 09:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just noticed the price drop on the Vizio myself. I will be going back to Sam's this weekend to get my $100 dollar bill even if I have to return the TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 687 Old 08-26-2012, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We watched How to Train Your Dragon in 3d tonight with the kids, and were all quite pleased with its 3d presentation. To be sure Dragon has to be one of the better presentations of 3D in an animated feature, and we all thought this Vizio did quite well with it. I'd like to see another TV's 3d presentation of it, particularly side by side, but I just cant think that it'd be much better. We've had the tv since the beginning of the London summer olympic games and have been really happy with it, particularly for what we paid for it, seems so far like a decent bang for the buck. And everyone that has used the Passive 3d on it has thought it was great. We love being able to use the cheap glasses, or ones from the theaters, particularly with having kids.
sorry if i'm over-praising it, i just really dig the set so far. I guess the length of time of booting up hasn't bothered me, i mean, i usually turn it on while i'm headed to the kitchen or something anyway. I typically don't sit there staring at it on first turn on, and ours remains on too much of the day anyway, streaming netflix for the kids or whatever. I've also not noticed the slow resolution switching issue either, but may just be because we're not doing much to experience that anyway.

My TV! and I love it! the Vizio M3D550KD 

And yes the 3D rocks using passive glasses.

apparently a newer version of it is out though, still looks like a good value.

post #123 of 687 Old 08-26-2012, 10:25 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfatmama View Post

We watched How to Train Your Dragon in 3d tonight with the kids, and were all quite pleased with its 3d presentation. To be sure Dragon has to be one of the better presentations of 3D in an animated feature, and we all thought this Vizio did quite well with it. I'd like to see another TV's 3d presentation of it, particularly side by side, but I just cant think that it'd be much better. We've had the tv since the beginning of the London summer olympic games and have been really happy with it, particularly for what we paid for it, seems so far like a decent bang for the buck. And everyone that has used the Passive 3d on it has thought it was great. We love being able to use the cheap glasses, or ones from the theaters, particularly with having kids.
sorry if i'm over-praising it, i just really dig the set so far. I guess the length of time of booting up hasn't bothered me, i mean, i usually turn it on while i'm headed to the kitchen or something anyway. I typically don't sit there staring at it on first turn on, and ours remains on too much of the day anyway, streaming netflix for the kids or whatever. I've also not noticed the slow resolution switching issue either, but may just be because we're not doing much to experience that anyway.

Glad you're pleased with it. I like the 3-D on this set as well. Watched the Olympics in 3-D and thought it was good. Also watched Ice Age in 3-D and could not complain. I'm very picky when it comes to tvs and this one is great in terms of PQ and 3-D but I local dimming is not good, refresh rate is not good, black-level is bad, and there is slight backlight-bleed on mine as well as a few other people's sets.
post #124 of 687 Old 08-30-2012, 11:10 AM

Liked: 14
Justin,

when you refer to the refresh rate here, are you talking about how the tv handles motion?

thanks
post #125 of 687 Old 08-30-2012, 03:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrich2000 View Post

Justin,
when you refer to the refresh rate here, are you talking about how the tv handles motion?
thanks

It handles motion fine but I've seen better at the same price range.
post #126 of 687 Old 09-01-2012, 04:23 PM

PS3 Lag - have you experienced this? I've had the M3D550KD for a week now, xbox looks great...but hooked up the PS3 last night and i'm getting major lag with madden 13 and the show 12. i've seen one youtube post about turning off the smooth motion for some vizio's, but this hasn't worked for me. Let me know what you think.

Rick
post #127 of 687 Old 09-02-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbc3 View Post

Second - To update the Sams policy - ITS SEVEN DAYS for price reduction matching and 3 months for returns for any reason. BUT BE CLEAR - I have discovered some nasty truths about Sams.... You must have the original receipt for return credit. I dont think there is a restock or even a repacking charge if the box is trashed. But you can go to Cust service all day and they will tell you than can reprint a "record" but you cant use for returns. Perhaps for exchange - yes. Regarding the price matching on same items Sams lowers. They lowered this TV from 1198 to 1098 since I bought. The rep made it sound like I would "get credit: for that for up to 1 -3 months if I bring my receipt to CS and complain ( I dont recall precise). YOu will not. SO I said, "then you are telling me that you would rather me bring this thing back with no box, return, and buy a new one!?!?!?" I got no good response other than discounting what the value of $100.00 really is.. So I did find my receipt ( its really speculation as to if the Ink will even last 90 days - seriously - and byt he way these receipts are a method of BPA Contamination that surpases all others if you are health saavy), But I realized my club no longer had any in stock, WHICH AMAZES ME and FYI they ARE about all gone. So I found one 20 miles away and I will pick that one up new, and then return it to my local club. Boom... I wont even have to take mine off the wall LOL...
Third - They are almost gone I think as they cited they are lowering the price to clear them out. But I just dont see how when its a fairly new model. Oh well. Perhaps I should be waiting the full 90 days to see whats next. Then again, I will have a 90 days on the receipt from the purchase tomorrow. LOL
But my point is this. Even if I had to return the set unboxed and buy another one because of their dumbass pricing policy it woud be like this. If Sams feels like thats absurd over 100 bucks, then they should give a **** enough not to arbitrarily lower the price that much. Obviously they dont care about "Small expenses" if they can just decide they would like to make 100buck less on these - so they can go ahead and eat the restock cost.... There are plenty of 65" models in stock but I suspect this set does not come close to the 55" because of thee increase in size and lack of 240hz.. I just dont understand why they would lower the price on this one like they dont even pay attention to the "market buzz" and good reviews on the value of this thing....?!?!?!?

Man, that's an awful lot of heartburn over a price reduction of $100 and way too much effort, IMO. I always just content myself to the fact that there will always be price reductions, particularly in electronics, and move on in life. They really don't owe you anything, but are just doing it out of courtesy. So what about making you box up the set too... you see they could care less, you are just causing all that trouble to yourself, not them.
post #128 of 687 Old 09-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Advanced Member

Please excuse the long post.
I bought the M3D550KD August 4th. I initially loved it. Picture Quality was the best I've seen from any TV that I've ever owned. I have a Tivo Premiere HD. Before the M3D550KD, every TV that i've owned (Samsung UN55B6000, Sony KDL-55BX520, Panasonic UT50, Samsung 50EH6000, and just recently purchased the 55" of the EH6000) has never come close to matching what the colors on the Tivo are supposed to look like. Right out of the box, the Vizio matched almost perfectly what the colors should look like. I'm very picky and with the exception of the UN55B6000 I've bought/refunded/exchanged all those tvs in the last three months.

One of the reasons I refunded the M3D550KD was due to a slight light-leakage on the right-side of the panel. I've read through this forum and got reviews on this tv from www.cnet.com and www.pcmag.com and nothing jumped out about bad screen uniformity. Knowing that the PQ was "almost" amazing, I tried to ignore it but couldn't. The other reason was the panel was not entirely connected to bezel. While cleaning it one day, with the provided orange cloth, I noticed the panel, from the middle all the way to the top, was loose from the bezel. I called Vizio and the vague answer I got from them was, "it's normal." So, for those two reasons alone I returned it. I guess I would have to say the 3rd reason was ****** customer service on Vizio's part.

I refunded the M3D550KD on Wed. I knew the EH series from Samsung were Direct-Lit LEDs with great uniformity. So on Thursday I bought the UN55EH6000 from BB. I love the fact that screen has near-perfect uniformity but hate the overall PQ. It's too bright for me and the colors do not look accurate on any of the settings. (Standard, Dynamic, or Movie) Whites look pinkish, blacks look somewhat purple, and blues look too pastel. I've always loved LCDs and LEDs but the EH6000 is probably the brightest television I've ever seen. This TV would be perfect for outdoor use. My Wife and I have been getting headaches from watching this tv. I've calibrated (twice) using Disney WOW and it helped a little but not much. I have since turned the brightness and backlight down considerably. It looks like a plasma they're so low and I hate it. I will once again be returning a tv.

There's not much out there unless you're willing drop $2500-$3500. I'm heavily leaning on buying the M3D550KD again. I loved the PQ and Passive 3-D that much.

Since there really isn't any mention of backlight-bleed on this thread could I have got a defective set? Aside from the local-dimming Halo-effect does anyone have "light-leakage" from their set? Does anyone's panel push inward from the bezel? Thank you in advance.
post #129 of 687 Old 09-03-2012, 01:13 AM

Liked: 12
Its probably the HDMI cable. Get a new high quality one. It makes a major differnce so dont listen to the incorrect rhetoric. The deal in the past has been that there simply was not enough data flow to matter, but 3D and PS3 I think are pushing that envelope now..

As far as my Sams club 100 bucks back. Yea they dicked out and you wont believe the effort I went to in order to not take mine off the wall. But they have pissed me off so bad after going to lengths to get the deal done without burning a TV back up the production line, the I really dont give a crap and Im taking it back dirty.. LOL.. So I may even purchase it again from someone else for spite alone...

But be sure you will have to return it. It has to do with the number$ I think. As they probably still make profit from the returned ones.... So a return and new puchase is more money as far as the local club is concerned...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MestaR View Post

PS3 Lag - have you experienced this? I've had the M3D550KD for a week now, xbox looks great...but hooked up the PS3 last night and i'm getting major lag with madden 13 and the show 12. i've seen one youtube post about turning off the smooth motion for some vizio's, but this hasn't worked for me. Let me know what you think.
Rick
post #130 of 687 Old 09-03-2012, 08:43 AM

My set seems to struggle with motion. I have the smooth effect turned on (unlike some of you, I actually like this effect- it's easy for the eyes), and the picture stutters every now and then especially when there's a long smooth motion. This happens with all sources: cable box (HDMI), media player (HDMI), and Netflix (wifi). Does anyone have this problem? If this is a defect only on my set, I'll exchange for a new one. Otherwise, I'll return and get a Samsung.
post #131 of 687 Old 09-04-2012, 10:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doradee View Post

My set seems to struggle with motion. I have the smooth effect turned on (unlike some of you, I actually like this effect- it's easy for the eyes), and the picture stutters every now and then especially when there's a long smooth motion. This happens with all sources: cable box (HDMI), media player (HDMI), and Netflix (wifi). Does anyone have this problem? If this is a defect only on my set, I'll exchange for a new one. Otherwise, I'll return and get a Samsung.

Are you referring to the "Soap Opera Effect?" I kind of like it as well and this set doesn't seem to have it. I guess that's a good thing since most people hate that effect. Motion is pretty good on this tv. I never really noticed any stutters on mine. I don't know that it would make too much of a difference in regards to refresh-rate but you do have a High-Speed HDMI Cable right?

I refunded my M3D550KD because of a backlight-bleed on the right-side of the screen. Does yours have any uniformity issues? Also, my panel wasn't connected to the bezel from the top to the middle. If you push slightly on yours does the panel move?? I'd greatly appreciate your input as I might get this set again. The PQ is very good. IMO probably the best PQ i've seen in a while. I'd be a little weary about buying a Samsung unless you wait until 2013. I've heard alot of horror stories with the ES Models due to uniformity. My Brother-In-Law has the ES8000 and he complains about the flashlighting. The EH Models are good as far as screen-uniformity (I have the EH6000) but the PQ suffers compared to the M3D550KD. Everyone on the EH6000 threads seem to like the Samsung EH6000 but I can't get past the subtle shades of purple on everything. Good luck and thanks in advance.
post #132 of 687 Old 09-04-2012, 02:56 PM

Liked: 18
How about some pics to show the light bleed? Or maybe even just a pic to show the panel in a real world setting...

Panasonic TC-P55ST50
Panasonic DMP-BDT 220
Sony HT-CT100
Sony PS4
Sony PS3 Slim
PSN: Rican21
post #133 of 687 Old 09-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Advanced Member

I'm not sure this does it justice but you can faintly see the section with the sliver of light-bleed at the edge of the bezel. It's not due to the local-dimming. It's in the same spot everytime. I could not get any pics of the loose panel. Sorry. The panel pushes in enough to slide a ruler in perfectly if that helps. The bottom section was connected correctly to the bezel. Also, when the tv was off I could see reflections of the pictures on our wall opposite the television. The reflection looked warped, like the panel was slightly crooked or curved.
post #134 of 687 Old 09-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Advanced Member

This one's a little better.
post #135 of 687 Old 09-04-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Sullins View Post

This one's a little better.

yup can definitely see it. thanks for the pics. What content source is that? Looks like 4:3. It certainly looks much worse than the other pics on this thread.

Panasonic TC-P55ST50
Panasonic DMP-BDT 220
Sony HT-CT100
Sony PS4
Sony PS3 Slim
post #136 of 687 Old 09-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorRican View Post

yup can definitely see it. thanks for the pics. What content source is that? Looks like 4:3. It certainly looks much worse than the other pics on this thread.

It's cable (Tivo 1080i via HDMI). It's 4:3 but it's just a commercial on NBC HD. I'm thinking maybe it was just a defective set. I've read nothing but good things about this tv on here so I can't imagine if this is normal that nobody has said anything. I also just read a review on the Sony EX640 from CNET and the reviewer mentioned the M3D550KD in the ex640 review,"Uniformity: Perched between the Samsung ES6500 and the Sony HX750, the EX640 was the best of the three in terms of uniformity. The other two TVs had some real issues with backlight clouding and spotlighting in the corners, and while the EX640 was better, it wasn't immune to these problems. There was some spotlighting of the backlight, but it wasn't as noticeable as on the other two. If you want immunity from these problems, look to the Panasonic ST50 plasma or the Vizio M3Dxx0KD with their gorgeous black screens." I don't want to put too much stock into CNET, especially since I've already had the M3D550KD and know the black-level is nothing to write home about when you're watching at night, but I'm seriously considering taking back the EH6000 and trying this set again. Do you have this set?
post #137 of 687 Old 09-05-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Sullins View Post

It's cable (Tivo 1080i via HDMI). It's 4:3 but it's just a commercial on NBC HD. I'm thinking maybe it was just a defective set. I've read nothing but good things about this tv on here so I can't imagine if this is normal that nobody has said anything. I also just read a review on the Sony EX640 from CNET and the reviewer mentioned the M3D550KD in the ex640 review,"Uniformity: Perched between the Samsung ES6500 and the Sony HX750, the EX640 was the best of the three in terms of uniformity. The other two TVs had some real issues with backlight clouding and spotlighting in the corners, and while the EX640 was better, it wasn't immune to these problems. There was some spotlighting of the backlight, but it wasn't as noticeable as on the other two. If you want immunity from these problems, look to the Panasonic ST50 plasma or the Vizio M3Dxx0KD with their gorgeous black screens." I don't want to put too much stock into CNET, especially since I've already had the M3D550KD and know the black-level is nothing to write home about when you're watching at night, but I'm seriously considering taking back the EH6000 and trying this set again. Do you have this set?

I do not own this set. After reading Cnet review I went to CostCo and looked at it for about 20 min. I've been on the market for a new panel since March and I've narrow it down to the VIZIO and the ST50. I 've never owned a plasma and all this IR/panel prep stuff scares me a bit, but all the PQ greatness claims draw me back to plasma. While looking at the VIZIO under the bright lights at CostCo, the blacks lMO held up pretty well. The 3D bluray they had playing looked very immersive to the point were i felt a little motion sick from 6ft so I had to step back to 12ft. In short I was impressed by the set.

Now I am pretty much ready to buy either one, but unfortunately this VIZIO doesn't come in 60" (or does it??) depending on which one goes on sale or bundled will make my decision easier. Although, I must say, buying from CostCo sounds like the best decision based on return policy! No ST at CostCo though cool.gif

Panasonic TC-P55ST50
Panasonic DMP-BDT 220
Sony HT-CT100
Sony PS4
Sony PS3 Slim
post #138 of 687 Old 09-05-2012, 02:40 PM

Liked: 14
GatorRican,

I am debating the exact same two tv's. let us know what you decide and what you think of your choice.

thanks
post #139 of 687 Old 09-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorRican View Post

I do not own this set. After reading Cnet review I went to CostCo and looked at it for about 20 min. I've been on the market for a new panel since March and I've narrow it down to the VIZIO and the ST50. I 've never owned a plasma and all this IR/panel prep stuff scares me a bit, but all the PQ greatness claims draw me back to plasma. While looking at the VIZIO under the bright lights at CostCo, the blacks lMO held up pretty well. The 3D bluray they had playing looked very immersive to the point were i felt a little motion sick from 6ft so I had to step back to 12ft. In short I was impressed by the set.
Now I am pretty much ready to buy either one, but unfortunately this VIZIO doesn't come in 60" (or does it??) depending on which one goes on sale or bundled will make my decision easier. Although, I must say, buying from CostCo sounds like the best decision based on return policy! No ST at CostCo though cool.gif

I went down the plasma road earlier this summer with the Panasonic UT50. The set did have a nice picture. I'm sure the ST50 is better but I did not like the faults that come with plasma. You can't really get good info on plasma tvs from plasma people. Dithering of the blacks, dim picture, whites are more grey than white, hard to see during the day, high energy cost, and IR. Those sets do have a pixel-wobbler but I think that's just a marketing gimmick. I will be taking the EH6000 back tomorrow night. I should have to wait 24-48 hrs for the refund to go back on my card so I think I'll take the wknd to mull over re-purchasing the Vizio.

I think the 47" and 55" are the only sizes of the Vizio M3Dxx0KD.
post #140 of 687 Old 09-05-2012, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 268
FWIW, I'd look at other mfrs if you're not pleased with the Panasonic's before I'd purchase a Vizio. Been there, done that. Vizio's look great (as do most brand new sets) but their reliability and repairability leaves much to be desired. No tv is perfect but a Vizio would be my absolute last choice, if a choice at all.
post #141 of 687 Old 09-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

FWIW, I'd look at other mfrs if you're not pleased with the Panasonic's before I'd purchase a Vizio. Been there, done that. Vizio's look great (as do most brand new sets) but their reliability and repairability leaves much to be desired. No tv is perfect but a Vizio would be my absolute last choice, if a choice at all.

I hear ya but I've looked up, down, left, and right at every mfr. They have issues that I'm not willing to settle for (2012 models). PQ alone the Vizio, Sony HX850, HX929, and newly announced HX950($4500.00 for 55") are the only tvs I'd consider for 2012 and I don't want to wait until March for a 2013 model.
post #142 of 687 Old 09-05-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

Is Vizio that bad? I'm currently debating between the Vizio M550SL and the Panasonic Viera E50
post #143 of 687 Old 09-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post

Is Vizio that bad? I'm currently debating between the Vizio M550SL and the Panasonic Viera E50

I've never thought of Vizio being that great of a brand and I can only comment on the M3D550KD but from what I saw, picture only, it looked very good. I had the tv for about 3 weeks and my only two complaints were the 25 seconds it took to turn on and the slight backlight-bleed. Passive 3-D is very good, motion was nice, and colors were accurate. Aesthetically speaking, the TV sucked. Felt cheap and poorly made. But most people will let that slide if picture quality is great. And it is.
post #144 of 687 Old 09-05-2012, 10:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

There are quite a few folks who'll swear by their Vizios so I don't think it would be quite fair to make a blanket statement about them, but if you hang around AVS long enough you'll see that they don't get much love around here. One respected member even called them "throwaway tv's". And by that I think he meant that Vizio support would rather replace a set than repair it (usually because they can't or parts aren't available). Vizio is more of a marketing company that an actual television manufacturer (R&D). PQ is certainly critical but if you set chokes after an update, or it doesn't feel like the quality is there in the build, what else is going on behind the panel?.....
post #145 of 687 Old 09-07-2012, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I am really considering buying this TV. I can't find a better balance of picture quality and size at this price. I'm interested to know if the bluetooth remote can control a PS3. I would think that would be ideal with the slide out QWERTY keyboard. Has anybody tried this?
post #146 of 687 Old 09-08-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:

Is Vizio that bad? I'm currently debating between the Vizio M550SL and the Panasonic Viera E5

I looked at the reviews for a large number of TVs (plasma and LEDs) before I bought the Vizio M3D550KD. I have had this set about 8 weeks and am very happy with it. My set does not exhibit any banding or non-uniformity or bleeding. We watch a lot of sports and have had no motion effects. I adjusted the picture settings according to a post on one of the forums and have been very pleased with the picture quality. The blacks are very good and the color accuracy appears to be very good. The TV is wall mounted and might help as I have seen a number of posts that indicate that edge bleeding often disappears or gets better when an LED set is wall mounted. My set does take a while to start up (probably 30 seconds or more, but this is not a major problem for us. The set is fed through a Yamaha receiver which upconverts all non-HD signals to 1080, so we do not have any delays due to changing resolution. The SD quality is excellent on this set which is likely due to our ATT UVerse service. We changed to ATT UVerse from Dish about the same time we bought this set and the SD picture quality on Dish was poor. We have also enjoyed the 3D very much and we do not experience any eyestrain or headaches after watching 3D. Have not experimented with the internet appplications except briefly because we already have them set up on our Panasonic Blu-Ray player and PS3. The screen is relatively reflective, but has not been a major problem. The previous 3 sets that we had purchased were Samsungs, but the equivalent Samsung was twice the price of this Vizio and seem to have more problems.
post #147 of 687 Old 09-09-2012, 11:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frooky View Post

I am really considering buying this TV. I can't find a better balance of picture quality and size at this price. I'm interested to know if the bluetooth remote can control a PS3. I would think that would be ideal with the slide out QWERTY keyboard. Has anybody tried this?

I don't think you can. It's a nightmare if you have a universal leraning remote because alot of people had trouble learning the buttons from the Vizio. Good Luck. I don't know how much of the Mounting vs. Stand really makes a big difference on backlight-bleed or flashlighting. Whenever you get some free time could you check your set and see if your panel is connected to the frame(bezel)? Thanks in advance.
post #148 of 687 Old 09-09-2012, 11:40 AM

I would like to add one thing here. I am a VIZIO VF552XVT owner for almost three years now. I got it at Costco as soon as it hit the floor. For three year my TV has worked like a charm, great picture, and very reliable until now. I got a lot of comments from people who own higher end TVs about the great picture. It is a "smart" TV that gets its firmware updates via the internet. I think there has been about 23 updates so far. Sometimes the updates do not go so well and I am not so sure with the last one it has caused a problem with my TV or not. My TV has been getting stuck in the re-boot mode for the last couple of days. Since I did not buy the extended warranty from Vizio I am on my own. Support was helpful and walked me though a re-boot drill that did not work. They advised me to have the TV serviced and gave an 800 number for me to call.

I only mention this here to suggest that you purchase any extended warranty that VIZIO offers you after the factory and Costco warranty run out. This TVs are becoming more computer like with more components that can go bad. I have been researching via the internet a solution to this problem and am finding that capacitors, fuses, and motherboards go out often on these televisions - all brands.
post #149 of 687 Old 09-09-2012, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Buying an extended warranty for any Vizio tv is a good idea. Just read the fine print so you know exactly what it will cover after the original warranty expires.
post #150 of 687 Old 09-09-2012, 04:46 PM

Liked: 12
ONe thing IO find wierd about this set is how easily it is to kick it into the LCD type false 3-d effect I call it. Or where the things on the screem seem to get borders of their own so to speak. Like A main character up front seemingly laid on top the rest of the screen. I dont know the technical LINGO term. Seems like it does this with any kind of smoothing effect turned on. I could be wrong. Seems like I was goofing with it and turned it up to med, then high, then finally back down to low of off. ( o dont even know now its the set up front).. but my point is that I am not so sure if the TV ever came back to where I had it.

THE POINT IS that these TVs may not be adjusting properly between modes, AND MAY REQUIRE RESET proceedure to get the settings where they are intended. I found it interesting when I called VIzio to check on the "tuning issue" and the first thing he had me do was reset the tv. But it was some kind of basic reset where it did not change all the settings. he had me unplug it and hold the power button for 30 seconds ( I think I recall), but it did not really change anything. I suspect its just some kind of way of dumping any remaining power in the chips?? Anyone care to correc that notion?

My One concern is the way the TV take a bunck of time tuning different channels. I have not figured out the logic yet, but I think it has to BUFFER data is the long and short.... SO its more profound on hi def channels I suspect. Still this is all a bunch of talk from the hip as I just have not given this tv much thought yet as I watch the one in the back and have not had time..

As far as the return issue and trying to get the hundred bucks.. YES, they are actually going to make you return the set as dissatissfied and order another one if you want the price a hundred bucks cheaper. Just freakin dimented and I suspect the stores dont care cause they are making more money on sales, as well as retaining some $$ from the initial sale regardless... I suspect. But the way I see it, is that if Sams could care less about a hundred bucks and just start tossin em out the door for a hundo less, then the hell with em, Ill bring it back. Cause I happen to give a crap about my $$. Thats why I shop with them - RIGHT??

On A side note I noticed that a Mitsubishi DLP just dropped about 300$ at new egg and now the 73" is about 1259.00 MIND BOGGLING. A real tempter to just take the sams TV back and even go another route. I just dont want to change the cabs again... But thats ahhell of a price and the bulbs even seem to all price out at 50 bucks over there..
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio , Vizio M3d550kd 55 Inch 240 Hz Class Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv , Vizio E550va 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page