Panasonic LED TC-55LE54 *Costco* - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 36 Old 12-27-2012, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I purchased the Sams Club version of this TV and so far I love it. Setup was a breeze, and the only thing I don't care for at this point was the sound (but I added an LG 300w Soundbar) to fix that. I've tested several Bluray discs, with the Star Wars Episode 3 looking so stellar it's probably the best BluRay experience I've ever had. We are watching the 55" approx. 8 ft away, which makes it feel almost too big.

I'm using the setting recommended above and the picture looks fantastic. Even the Panasonic Viera remote on my iPhone works great with it. I'm not sure why this is one of the lower end Panasonic (especially since the equivelant non-same non-costco version is $1699 reg). To my eyes - and everyone that has seen it, It looks absolutely fantastic - way better than my 42" LG (which I still love).

The sound leaves a lot to be desired, but in the end, when coupled with a proper sound bar or home theater system, it's pretty incredible for the price. I looked at the Visio 60" and it looked washed out and not nearly as good. The next better picture at Sams Club was a Samsung 60" that was $1600. I think for $890 at Sams, this was a bargain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 01-04-2013, 08:17 PM

Liked: 14
how does this compare to the st30 panasonic series

post #33 of 36 Old 01-12-2013, 01:38 PM

Hi All - I just purchased this set last night from Costco and I must say, I am very impressed with the overall picture. Yes - the out of box picture is terrible. But with some tweaking it is really very good. I went through 2 60" Zizio LED TV's that had dead pixels, blotches and a lip sync issue. I am really glad I purchased this. I don't understand why this set doesn't get more attention. C-Net rated it not well but I am certain they didn't calibrate it fully or give it the time it deserved. Yes, it's not perfect - but is there a perfect HDTV? Maybe if you spend 10K on OLED. I am more than happy picking up this set for $800 at Costco.

I calibrated this morning using Disney WOW - I figured I would share my settings to help:

Picture Mode: Custom
Backlight: +45
Contrast: +100
Brightness: +60
Color: +60
Tint: -6
Sharpness: +40
Color Temp: Normal or Cool (I have cool for the game)
Color Mgmt - Off
A.I. Pic: Off
C.A.T.S.: Off (make sure you turn this off)
Video NR: Off

Advanced Picture:
Block NR: Auto
Mosq NR: Off
Motion Pic Setting: weak
Black Level: Light
3:2 Pulldown: On

Aspect Adjustment: Size 2

I Calibrated on an overcast day and I am very pleased with my settings. I thought about getting a UT50 Plasma and I am very glad I didn't. No break in or Image Retention with this. Just turn it on, adjust and enjoy. I hope this helps. Enjoy and go out and get one of these!!!
post #34 of 36 Old 02-23-2013, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
emerito99 --

I noticed you have the Aspect Adjustment set to Size 2. Any idea why the Size 1 setting doesn't fill the whole screen? I'm running D* straight to the TV via HDMI and there's a small black bar at the top of the screen. To my eye, the Size 1 setting looks correct, except for the black bar at the top.
post #35 of 36 Old 01-16-2014, 08:08 AM

After pouring over the settings in this thread I still wasn't satisfied with the color response from the TC-55LE54. Reds were consistently displaying as magenta and this was really bothering me. I also have a TH-46PZ85U which has great color response so I wanted to match the colors between the two displays. 

What follows are the settings I ended up with. These are by no means scientific or calibrated professionally but rather the result of a few hours of trial and error in order to get a more accurate red display and overall color balance. This were calibrated watching the Australian Open so the content is very bright (full summer sunshine) thus they may not be appropriate for your content.

Picture Mode: Standard

Back light: +92

Contrast: +94

Brightness: +60

Color: +75

Tint: +3 (needed to de-magentaize the reds)

Sharpness: +69

Color temp.: Warm (needed to de-magentaize the reds)

Color mgmt.: Off

A.I. picture: Off

C.A.T.S.: Off

Video NR: Off

Advanced picture:

Block NR: Off

Mosquito NR: Off

Motion Picture Setting: Off (I hate the SOE)

Black level: light

There is still a slight magenta tinge to the reds but this is much better than before. Aside from the red/magenta issue and that Costco listed this with a 120kHz refresh rate (argh) I'm pretty happy with this TV and it probably would be hard to beat at the price.

That said, my Dad just got a LG 55LA6800 which I helped him set up and configure and the picture is incredible. For my next TV I will definitely consider LG along with another Viera.

post #36 of 36 Old 05-21-2014, 03:26 PM

Hi all! I have a Panasonic LED TC55LE54. I had an unfortunate accident where my display screen got cracked. I've searched high and low on the internet for a replacement display screen but with no success. Does anyone have or know someone who has a Panasonic TC55LE54 flat screen that is not working but the display panel is still good? I would like to purchase the display screen. I love my TV and would love to have it repaired and working again. Thanks in advance for your help and assistance in locating this display panel. 

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic 55 Inch Led Lit Tv Tc 55le54
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page