Sharp LC60C6400U vs Samsung UN60EH6050F (Costco) ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 05-30-2012, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking for a 60-in LED TV for our family room. Will be used for general TV watching and movies; no games. Also, we've pretty much decided that 3D is not for us, given the $300-$500 price difference vs 2D.

* Costco has two models on special currently:

1) Sharp Aquos LC60C6400U $1490
120 hz, non-smart TV, no wifi
Tuners: ATSC / QAM / NTSC
2x HDMI inputs; 2x USB; 1x PC
Cons Reports rates reliability (failures) at 3%
AMZN rates it 3.3 STAR (only 3 reviews)

2) Samsung UN60EH6050F $1450
240 Hz, SmartTV, wifi
Tuners: ATSC / Clear QAM
4x HDMI inputs; 1x USB
Cons Reports rates reliability (failures) at 5%
AMZN rates it 4.3 STAR

The $40 price difference is not important. Note that the difference in CR reliability ratings may not be significant either. I just quoted them here for information. The lack of SmartTV on the Samsung is also not significant, as I will be buying a BR player with the apps for Netflix, Amazon Stream, etc. I would say that the additional inputs (incl NTSC--analog cable) on the Sharp might come in handy later.

Any thoughts as to which one might be a better choice?

Thanks in advance.
Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-01-2012, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 52
well the sharp is a smart tv and does have wifi. The samsung isn't as bright as the sharp and I think the samsung doesn't perform as well as the sharp in a bright room. The sharp is flawed by some motion issues so you will not want to use any of the motion features, but im not sure how the samsung performs in this area.
post #3 of 11 Old 06-03-2012, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Ended up buying the Samsung--got a great deal at Costco.
Lack of SmartTV on this model not a concern, as I also bot a Sony Blu-Ray DVD player which included SmartTv functions, mostly for access to Amaszon Instant Video (streaming video on demand).
post #4 of 11 Old 06-10-2012, 07:36 PM

FYI-The UN60EH6050F at Costco is 120z not 240z. Samsung fools a lot of people (me included) into at first thinking it's a 240z. What they have is "Clear Motion Rate of 240" which is simply an advertising ploy.
post #5 of 11 Old 08-01-2012, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
And 120 vs 240 makes no difference anyway
post #6 of 11 Old 08-01-2012, 06:08 PM

I been looking at the same two at BB, ended up getting the Sharp this weekend due to some slightly more favorable one-line reviews but I don’t think you could go wrong with either. My last TV was A Sammy LN46B640 from BB and it’s a great TV, just not big enough. One feature I really like so far is the HDMI link that allows the Sharp remote to control my PS3 and Dish ViP722, and the DNLA works great for streaming photos from my home PC.
post #7 of 11 Old 09-15-2012, 01:28 PM

I see that you went with the Samsung. Im comparing the same exact 2 tv's both are $1399 at BJ's. The smart features are not that important to me either as Ive heard they dont work that great anyway. Are you happy with the samsung? Do you have it wall mounted or on the base? If it's on the base does it swivel? Unfortunately the 2 sets are not side by side in the store so I cant decide which one has a better picture. ANY help would be greatly appreciated Thanks
post #8 of 11 Old 09-15-2012, 03:28 PM

I am looking at these as well.

Concerning the SMART TV functionaility... I have DirecTv and slow rural internet so the internet connectivity doesn't interest me much except for connecting between devices in the home like DLNA servers. Can any of these SMART TVs connect over the ethernet to a DirecTV HD DVR and stream either live tv or the play list from the DVR? How about controlling the DirecTV from the television. I just read an article about a samsung smart tv that has an app for directv so that leads me to believe it is brand and model specific functionality rather than generic to "smart tv"
post #9 of 11 Old 01-25-2013, 05:13 PM

I don't think I can trust SAMSUNG based on my bad experience DLP TV which was less than 5-years old. Not working anymore. I am just staying away from Samsung name.

boxer
post #10 of 11 Old 05-20-2013, 05:47 PM

We have always loved Samsung. We also have a 50" Samsung DLP, which has had issues (lamp) - however, I have found their tech support folk to be outstanding, we even received a free lamp (in addition to the replacement lamp) when we needed a new lamp while still under warranty.

Additionally, the online support from fellow Samsung owners is also great. I have worked on our DLP Sammy myself twice, with terrific online guidance from other Sammy owners.

Really, great tech support and a great user community is the reason I will never buy anything *except* a Samsung again (well, at least as long as they maintain their standards).

Oh - and we just purchased the UN60EH6050F at Costco. So far, we love it - but we just purchased, so time will of course tell.

Anyone know where I can get good calibration guidance on the UN60EH6050F?

Rique
post #11 of 11 Old 05-21-2013, 10:11 AM

Liked: 11
both equally as good, however sharp LC-60C6400U comes with built-in wifi. specs comparison here,
http://www.zimbio.com/High-Definition+Television/articles/ANAozCE_Qih/UN60EH6050+vs+LC+60C6400U?add=True
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp Aquos Lc60c6400u 60 Inch Class Edge Lit Ledtm Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page