Video of my defective Sony 55" HX929 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 98 Old 06-06-2012, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
stevedensmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Jackson, MI
Posts: 415
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

This is supposed to be a uniform solid grey screen, yet the left and right sides are different color temperatures. The dynamic backlighting (aka local dimming) has a very minimal effect on the right in comparison to the left. These problems effect colors on all inputs and different types of viewing content. Also, the right side of the screen is more saturated in color than the left.

Authorized Sony technicians came out to inspect the television on two different occasions, from two different repair centers. Both said they consider it to be defective and wouldn't be satisfied either, but Sony refuses to acknowledge the problems exist. Rather than agreeing to repair it, Sony's only offer is a refund. Way to stand by your products, Sony!

Here's a response from Sony's VP of Engineering...

"There does not appear to me to be a problem with the color uniformity, but he may not like the algorithm determining what color is displayed. The Family Guy scene may be the TV or may be his Laptop.....I'm not sure which is correct. Nothing we can do about it. I see from the test pattern a slight right edge mura, but that would appear as a shadow and not a color uniformity issue and that is not his complaint. That is also in spec. If the customer is not satisfied with the set I agree at this point we should buy it back and not extend another offer. The HX929 is one the highest rated LCD TV ever by CNET and ENGADGET so it is not like there is anything better we can offer. - Tim"
stevedensmore is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 98 Old 06-07-2012, 04:02 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
stevedensmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Jackson, MI
Posts: 415
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Now that I have video evidence of my faulty panel; can we finally squash the rumors that I was posting "altered" photos? Can anyone else who owns this model reproduce the issue I have?
stevedensmore is offline  
post #3 of 98 Old 06-07-2012, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
8mile13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,858
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 215
8mile13 is offline  
post #4 of 98 Old 06-07-2012, 07:45 AM
Advanced Member
 
nitra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 990
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 56
To be fair, this doesn't look at all defective. It looks like some sort of dynamic contrast is at play here. I've seen this in Samsung sets going back many years, it's really not unusual, but it's not a defect. That halo effect is quite normal, at least for a LCD/LED.
nitra is offline  
post #5 of 98 Old 06-07-2012, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
stevedensmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Jackson, MI
Posts: 415
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitra View Post

To be fair, this doesn't look at all defective. It looks like some sort of dynamic contrast is at play here. I've seen this in Samsung sets going back many years, it's really not unusual, but it's not a defect. That halo effect is quite normal, at least for a LCD/LED.

So it's completely normal for a panel to be two different color temperatures on the left and right of the panel? I find that hard to believe since my parent's $800 Toshiba LED LCD television doesn't exhibit this problem at all, while a $3,500 television does.
stevedensmore is offline  
post #6 of 98 Old 06-07-2012, 11:08 AM
 
Lisandro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Ok, If sony wants to repair your LCD then you should agree with them or if they want to refund your money or a replacement then also you should agree with sony. Because you only need a better service.
Lisandro is offline  
post #7 of 98 Old 06-07-2012, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
stevedensmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Jackson, MI
Posts: 415
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisandro View Post

Ok, If sony wants to repair your LCD then you should agree with them or if they want to refund your money or a replacement then also you should agree with sony. Because you only need a better service.

They refuse to repair it and are only offering a refund at this point. What good is a manufacturer warranty? I want this one to be repaired and work like a properly functioning HX929.
stevedensmore is offline  
post #8 of 98 Old 06-07-2012, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Cal1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 2,563
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedensmore View Post

They refuse to repair it and are only offering a refund at this point. What good is a manufacturer warranty? I want this one to be repaired and work like a properly functioning HX929.

Take the money and don't look back. Trust me. Once a TV manufacturer declares your set to be working "normally", you will not get them to repair it and the frustration is just not worth it. I had a similar experience with Panasonic where my St30, while still under warranty, had a clear panel defect that a technician from a Panny channel service provider verified and the company would not budge (if you're interested, search for my posts in the ST30 thread). Panasonic even stonewalled an inquiry from the Better Business Bureau. Sounds like Sony has taken a page from Panny's book.
Cal1981 is online now  
post #9 of 98 Old 06-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Advanced Member
 
Big Lag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 550
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedensmore View Post

They refuse to repair it and are only offering a refund at this point. What good is a manufacturer warranty? I want this one to be repaired and work like a properly functioning HX929.

If you are so completely sold on this make and model, take the refund money and go buy another one (a different unit of the same make/model). When you go to the showroom to make the purchase, take your video source(s) with you to check the demo model or the actual unit before you take it home. That way, if it's defective, you don't takeit. You can also use the video source to demo other makes/models to see if they have that same characteristic which is bugging you.

I'm just trying to help.
Big Lag is offline  
post #10 of 98 Old 06-07-2012, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
stevedensmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Jackson, MI
Posts: 415
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lag View Post

If you are so completely sold on this make and model, take the refund money and go buy another one (a different unit of the same make/model). When you go to the showroom to make the purchase, take your video source(s) with you to check the demo model or the actual unit before you take it home. That way, if it's defective, you don't takeit. You can also use the video source to demo other makes/models to see if they have that same characteristic which is bugging you.
I'm just trying to help.

Appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately, I got this set for a discounted price directly through Sony to replace a defective, recalled television. So it's either, take my money back and have no TV, or keep a defective television that replaced another defective television.
stevedensmore is offline  
post #11 of 98 Old 06-07-2012, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jinjuku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 2,250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedensmore View Post

Appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately, I got this set for a discounted price directly through Sony to replace a defective, recalled television. So it's either, take my money back and have no TV, or keep a defective television that replaced another defective television.

What is Sony offering in the amount of a refund? I doubt they will give you a full retail refund vs a pro-rated for use refund. Now what does it look like with a static image from say The Incredibles or UP!?

An audiophile likes to talk about how much they spent and how good it sounds.

A DIY'er likes to talk about how little they spent and how good it sounds.

Jinjuku is offline  
post #12 of 98 Old 06-07-2012, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
stevedensmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Jackson, MI
Posts: 415
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinjuku View Post

What is Sony offering in the amount of a refund? I doubt they will give you a full retail refund vs a pro-rated for use refund. Now what does it look like with a static image from say The Incredibles or UP!?

The refund would be around $1,000.

Here are a few samples of how it looks with different sources and viewing material. Please note that the bottom photo in the Family Guy scene comparison is a direct screen capture (PrntScr). I just used that to show how the colors should be even all the way across.

700

371

362
stevedensmore is offline  
post #13 of 98 Old 06-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Advanced Member
 
Rage Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 501
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Oh no, not this again...

300

Didnt you try selling this set on Craigslist too?!?!?!?

Hilarity ensues in 3..... 2...... 1......
Rage Guy is offline  
post #14 of 98 Old 06-07-2012, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
stevedensmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Jackson, MI
Posts: 415
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage Guy View Post

Oh no, not this again...
Didnt you try selling this set on Craigslist too?!?!?!?
Hilarity ensues in 3..... 2...... 1......

Yes, I did, but I also informed interested buyers why I was selling it for MUCH less than retail. People asked for video proof and now here it is.
stevedensmore is offline  
post #15 of 98 Old 06-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Advanced Member
 
Rage Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 501
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Oh really? Let me see if I can dig up the Cragslist post in question before this gets locked like you managed with all the other times you posted about this... And you call me a troll? lol...
Rage Guy is offline  
post #16 of 98 Old 06-07-2012, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jinjuku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 2,250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 96
If you feel that your position is that strong you may want to present this to a judge or magistrate in small claims for the full $3499. You have the statements from the techs. The screen shots etc...

Maybe you could even get another of the same brand and do side by side photos with the same source. I know for $3500 I certainly would make someone eat it if the TV isn't working as advertised. Then again I'm not sure if the TV came with any performance guarantee or what the minimal implied performance guarantee is that the courts would agree with.

An audiophile likes to talk about how much they spent and how good it sounds.

A DIY'er likes to talk about how little they spent and how good it sounds.

Jinjuku is offline  
post #17 of 98 Old 06-07-2012, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
iatacs19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DC Metro
Posts: 1,241
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Can you turn of dynamic backlight and try it again? It does seem like there is some image processing going on when looking at the video.
iatacs19 is offline  
post #18 of 98 Old 06-07-2012, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Cal1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 2,563
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedensmore View Post

The refund would be around $1,000.
Here are a few samples of how it looks with different sources and viewing material. Please note that the bottom photo in the Family Guy scene comparison is a direct screen capture (PrntScr). I just used that to show how the colors should be even all the way across.

On the screen shot from Glee, I can definitely see a green tint on the right side. This should not be considered normal. You could try to make some color adjustments in an attempt to reach a more acceptable compromise between the two sides of the screen. Barring that, however, you are between a rock and a hard place. The $1000 that Sony would refund you wouldn't even pay for a third of the cost of a new 55HX929 and since it's the only full array LED set that Sony makes, an HX820 or lesser model edge LED set may not satisfy you. Given that, I would tinker with your video settings as much as possible to see if you can come up with something that makes your 929 more palatable.
Cal1981 is online now  
post #19 of 98 Old 06-07-2012, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
stevedensmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Jackson, MI
Posts: 415
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 View Post

On the screen shot from Glee, I can definitely see a green tint on the right side. This should not be considered normal. You could try to make some color adjustments in an attempt to reach a more acceptable compromise between the two sides of the screen. Barring that, however, you are between a rock and a hard place. The $1000 that Sony would refund you wouldn't even pay for a third of the cost of a new 55HX929 and since it's the only full array LED set that Sony makes, an HX820 or lesser model edge LED set may not satisfy you. Given that, I would tinker with your video settings as much as possible to see if you can come up with something that makes your 929 more palatable.

I've tried, problem being is that any color adjustments made affect both sides differently; so the contrast between the two remains evident regardless of what I try. Thanks for the feedback.
stevedensmore is offline  
post #20 of 98 Old 06-07-2012, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
stevedensmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Jackson, MI
Posts: 415
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by iatacs19 View Post

Can you turn of dynamic backlight and try it again? It does seem like there is some image processing going on when looking at the video.

I've tried turning off the dynamic backlight and it doesn't make a difference. The left and right still remain two different colors.
stevedensmore is offline  
post #21 of 98 Old 06-07-2012, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jinjuku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 2,250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 View Post

On the screen shot from Glee, I can definitely see a green tint on the right side.

Ya, the green couch in a B&W shot. That is a problem. I would take Sony to my local small claims court and stop messing around with their customer service people and AVS.

Now this TV replaced a prior re-called unit. What was that unit and what was its MSRP?

An audiophile likes to talk about how much they spent and how good it sounds.

A DIY'er likes to talk about how little they spent and how good it sounds.

Jinjuku is offline  
post #22 of 98 Old 06-07-2012, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
stevedensmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Jackson, MI
Posts: 415
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinjuku View Post

Ya, the green couch in a B&W shot. That is a problem. I would take Sony to my local small claims court and stop messing around with their customer service people and AVS.
Now this TV replaced a prior re-called unit. What was that unit and what was its MSRP?

I would, but don't really know how to go about doing that. It replaced a KDS-50A3000 that I paid around $1,800 for.
stevedensmore is offline  
post #23 of 98 Old 06-07-2012, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BoilerJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 94
What do you really expect by resurrecting this thread? Sympathy? OK, I feel sorry for you. Now, go for a legal remedy, accept Sony's offer, or move on. Life isn't always fair.

By the way, if you do "take 'em to court," be prepared to tell them about all of the TV's that Sony has tried to please you with before they finally gave you the 929. If you don't, I'm sure Sony will.
BoilerJim is offline  
post #24 of 98 Old 06-07-2012, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jinjuku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 2,250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Call the local court house and speak to the clerk. Ask them if they are the correct jurisdiction for your city or county for small claim actions. Ask them what the max claim allowed is. Ask them about court costs and ask them for a link on their website for the appropriate paperwork.

Go to SCEA's web site and find their corporate address. The clerk will make sure to service papers there. Have all your ducks lined up and ready to go. Think about how you are going to present your evidence. Bring the TV and source along.

You will most likely only be able to sue for the $1899 plus court costs. Bring receipts. Bring service technician work documentation. Bring notes of phone calls that you placed to SCEA (you have been keeping notes right?). Print out all emails and order them chronologically. Bring the MSRP of the original TV.

Small claims are normally informal affairs. SCEA will most likely be required to be represented by legal counsel since they are a corporation. That will cost them $$'s.
GrantAZ likes this.

An audiophile likes to talk about how much they spent and how good it sounds.

A DIY'er likes to talk about how little they spent and how good it sounds.

Jinjuku is offline  
post #25 of 98 Old 06-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Advanced Member
 
amatot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 758
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
The HX929 is far from being a perfect set. Hell, I don't believe there are any perfect sets to be had to be honest. There are just varying degrees of "near perfection" with a plethora of various tradeoffs.
That said, this was a courtesy replacement unit and you got into it for less than what most people are paying now via big box or Sony Store direct channels.
Sony approves very few panel related repairs these days. It's either cash or refurbished replacement.
I'm not surprised you obtained a set far from center-cut based upon your out-of-pocket but you seem surprised that you got an inferior build.
Your old set was no comparison to this vintage & tech level of Sony; consider yourself lucky you got the deal you got as an upgrade path. (albeit less than near perfect).

Taking it to small claims is a big time investment and can be a logistical nightmare.
Wouldn't hold out much hope for that course of action - unless you enjoy the pure sport of it.

Live with it or move down to a quality edge-lit set and get back to enjoying content instead of scrutinizing to no end;
it's only television after all...
amatot is offline  
post #26 of 98 Old 06-07-2012, 04:27 PM
 
Vic C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Glendale, AZ 85306
Posts: 2,637
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
with one side of the screen leaning to blue and the other side tward green Id say the tint adjustment is wacked somewhere in that TV.
Vic C is offline  
post #27 of 98 Old 06-07-2012, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jinjuku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 2,250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by amatot View Post

The HX929 is far from being a perfect set. Hell, I don't believe there are any perfect sets to be had to be honest. There are just varying degrees of "near perfection" with a plethora of various tradeoffs.
That said, this was a courtesy replacement unit and you got into it for less than what most people are paying now via big box or Sony Store direct channels.
Sony approves very few panel related repairs these days. It's either cash or refurbished replacement.
I'm not surprised you obtained a set far from center-cut based upon your out-of-pocket but you seem surprised that you got an inferior build.
Your old set was no comparison to this vintage & tech level of Sony; consider yourself lucky you got the deal you got as an upgrade path. (albeit less than near perfect).
Taking it to small claims is big time investment and can be a logistical nightmare.
Wouldn't hold out much hope for that course of action - unless you enjoy the pure sport of it.
Live with it or move down to a quality edge-lit set and get back to enjoying content instead of scrutinizing to no end;
it's only television after all...

Well it is all a matter of perspective and presentation. The only person you need convince is the judge fortunately.

Sony re-called a model of TV. Sony replaced it with what I would argue is what they thought a comparable monitor would be. It's a performance argument not price. I think the OP can demonstrably prove that what his display is doing is below par and that there is an implied warranty. I am sure if you hit the Sony web site they will market that display as the next coming of some major holy deity. Sony has THOSE obligations to live up to and you don't have to believe me but the courts WILL hold them to the Uniform Commercial Code.

So there are two arguments (really stating what you are after): 1. A replacement of the current display that meets the implied warranty via Sony marketing efforts and a fall back 2. Monies owed for the original monitor that the MSRP at $1899 is.

Sony can approve as few or as many panel repairs as the wish. Once it goes to court and if the OP wins an award you will see an about face. Remember you are removing the remedy from Sony's control which is the entire point of small claims. It's to induce negligent parties to honor their word.

Why shouldn't the OP be upset? Just because your 2012 Chevy Cruze gets recalled and GM gives you a sub par Corvette doesn't make it right. It just means you're stuck with whatever GM decided you deserved for being their customer. Average consumer logic in this regard is unsettling.

Small claims is a piece of cake. It will take about an hour of the OP's time filing. The clerks will do most the work. It's most likely a one hour session once in front of a magistrate. Not too bad for getting your $$ back. I wouldn't eat $1900.

Let us know how it goes when it's your $1900.

An audiophile likes to talk about how much they spent and how good it sounds.

A DIY'er likes to talk about how little they spent and how good it sounds.

Jinjuku is offline  
post #28 of 98 Old 06-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
LowTech1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, Minnesota
Posts: 911
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 43
+1
LowTech1 is online now  
post #29 of 98 Old 06-07-2012, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
stevedensmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Jackson, MI
Posts: 415
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinjuku View Post

Well it is all a matter of perspective and presentation. The only person you need convince is the judge fortunately.
Sony re-called a model of TV. Sony replaced it with what I would argue is what they thought a comparable monitor would be. It's a performance argument not price. I think the OP can demonstrably prove that what his display is doing is below par and that there is an implied warranty. I am sure if you hit the Sony web site they will market that display as the next coming of some major holy deity. Sony has THOSE obligations to live up to and you don't have to believe me but the courts WILL hold them to the Uniform Commercial Code.
So there are two arguments (really stating what you are after): 1. A replacement of the current display that meets the implied warranty via Sony marketing efforts and a fall back 2. Monies owed for the original monitor that the MSRP at $1899 is.
Sony can approve as few or as many panel repairs as the wish. Once it goes to court and if the OP wins an award you will see an about face. Remember you are removing the remedy from Sony's control which is the entire point of small claims. It's to induce negligent parties to honor their word.
Why shouldn't the OP be upset? Just because your 2012 Chevy Cruze gets recalled and GM gives you a sub par Corvette doesn't make it right. It just means you're stuck with whatever GM decided you deserved for being their customer. Average consumer logic in this regard is unsettling.
Small claims is a piece of cake. It will take about an hour of the OP's time filing. The clerks will do most the work. It's most likely a one hour session once in front of a magistrate. Not too bad for getting your $$ back. I wouldn't eat $1900.
Let us know how it goes when it's your $1900.

Wow, thank you SO much for the help! I'm going to start putting my case together and get this underway. Sony will regret trying to brush this situation off.
stevedensmore is offline  
post #30 of 98 Old 06-07-2012, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
stevedensmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Jackson, MI
Posts: 415
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic C View Post

with one side of the screen leaning to blue and the other side tward green Id say the tint adjustment is wacked somewhere in that TV.

The tint adjustment values are still set to default. Like I said before, changing the value of any color setting doesn't make the issue any less apparent. There's no way to change one side of the screens color without the other doing the exact same thing.
stevedensmore is offline  
Closed Thread LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off