Official Samsung UNXXES7100 Thread. - Page 25 - AVS Forum
First ... 23  24  25 26  27  ... Last
LCD Flat Panel Displays > Official Samsung UNXXES7100 Thread.
maliclipse's Avatar maliclipse 10:37 PM 11-22-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum5000 View Post

How did you end up with only 441:1 contrast and 0.4 MLL?

Pic mode movie
Backlight 10
Contrast 93
Brightness 46

Did the 2 point first to get as close to 6500k, then did the 10pt, haven't gone into the cms yet. I don't think it needs it but ill mess with it at some point..

videoluvr's Avatar videoluvr 10:43 PM 11-22-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAnglum View Post

almost....7500 has the next level up of micro dimming and a slightly higher refresh rate, other than that...they are basically the same in terms of PQ. Keep in mind, both are native 240hz panels though.
I personally did not see much of a difference when I compared them.
Here is Samsung's comparison chart.
http://www.samsung.com/us/module/2011_tv_spec_grids/led-print.html

In the chart Samsung uses a parameter called "Clear Motion Rate", but all the E7000 series panels have a native 240hz refresh. Samsung factors in micro-dimming and a handful of other motion adaptive features to come up with (in their opinion) higher perceived visual quality. A lot of purists turn off or greatly reduce the setting of most of these controls, and honestly, I think for most material looks better with them off or reduced.

The point is, when properly adjusted there shouldn't be much difference in visual quality between panels in the E7000 series.
skibum5000's Avatar skibum5000 11:28 PM 11-22-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by maliclipse View Post

Pic mode movie
Backlight 10
Contrast 93
Brightness 46
Did the 2 point first to get as close to 6500k, then did the 10pt, haven't gone into the cms yet. I don't think it needs it but ill mess with it at some point..

That seems to be incredibly low, even lower than a bad IPS screen? Something wrong with your i1Pro??
mgh26's Avatar mgh26 11:43 PM 11-22-2012
Just a question... Are ALL panel Versions in the 7100 series line using a S-PVA type panel? I can't seem to get a answer from Samsung. The latest email response I got was The 7100 series use TFT panels.
kauai1's Avatar kauai1 12:06 AM 11-23-2012
Again, much appreciated for the info.
The 240 vs. the 120 may well be worth the $$. The 120 motion was annoying at times & for this $$ annoying should not be the case.
I did see the UN60ES7150 for $1950. In a line with all the other models the picture really stood out.
Hopefully this next Samsung we get will last longer than the previous one. Dealing with customer service has been & continues to be a real problem.
chichow's Avatar chichow 02:08 AM 11-23-2012
I'm thinking about picking up this model, but am traveling quite a bit.

Anyone care to tell me if the input voltage is 120 - 240?

Thanks
BriscoCountyJr's Avatar BriscoCountyJr 03:50 AM 11-23-2012
Quote:

Can CE Dimming be defeated on this set? I know it could on the old B series but not the C series.
If not on this one then what about on the 7500 or 8000?
And can the micro dimming and such be turned off if you don't like it?)
For all those models, the only way is to use Movie mode - that disables both CE and micro-dimming, but you can't disable them separately.
Blue Oval's Avatar Blue Oval 08:17 AM 11-23-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by maliclipse View Post

If you have broad vewing angles then a LED is not for you.
As good as the sammy's are you really sacrifice picture quality going side to side. If you're far enough away from it (beyond 12 feet) it gets better.. Don't let the pictures on the forums fool you - its really profound if you're coming from a plasma.
A fantastic bargain for you would be the PNE6500 - has the same panel and quality of the E8000 series plasmas without all the frills and very cheap.
Everyone has their opinion, go to a store and go view one - but do this - get the controls, put it in movie mode with a warm color temperature and a DVD / Bluray you've watched and do your own test - don't just watch the screen with their test disc use something you're familiar with.

Appreciate the info and suggestions!
maliclipse's Avatar maliclipse 08:57 AM 11-23-2012
Quote:

That seems to be incredibly low, even lower than a bad IPS screen? Something wrong with your i1Pro??

You're seeing the last reading when I told the meter to stop polling. It wasn't on a 100ire pattern when that happened.
UTWarden's Avatar UTWarden 10:07 AM 11-23-2012
Good Morning,
I recently bought the 7150, but hearing horror stories about the latest firmware. My TV is mostly used for gaming, does the latest firmware offer me anything?
Current version is 1013, Game mode is not used as I felt the auto motion plus is turned off, and it needs to be ON set to clear, though I do use the game mode for Gears 3, if it's not on (Game mode), I get delay in active reloading!
EAnglum's Avatar EAnglum 10:30 AM 11-23-2012
the only issues you could find with 1024 is possibly the following.

• You may have to do a factory reset after the update
  • Custom video settings could be lost - you'll have to redo them after the update
  • SyncPlus (app in SmartHub) will have to be disabled so you do not have 1080P 60fps issue

Other than that, you should be ok. I'm currently running 1024 and I'm very happy with the overall picture quality - improvement over 1023 IMO.
UTWarden's Avatar UTWarden 11:45 AM 11-23-2012
well first off I don't have SyncPlus app, I must have deleted it already. then I'm pretty good to go then?
EAnglum's Avatar EAnglum 11:50 AM 11-23-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTWarden View Post

well first off I don't have SyncPlus app, I must have deleted it already. then I'm pretty good to go then?

No, SyncPlus app came from firmware 1022. There is no way to delete it once its installed, but you can disable it then uncheck the terms and conditions agreement - this will permanently disable it. When/if you update the firmware, you will find this app on the last page of apps in SmartHub.
EAnglum's Avatar EAnglum 11:54 AM 11-23-2012
Since we have a few new people with the ES7100, I'll repost this as a reminder if you want to reduce how much CE dimming kicks in.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1435194/tweak-disabling-autodimming-for-samsung-eseries-smart-tv-mine-is-es6710

I have my brightness around 52/53 with R-G-B offsets set at 17. Watching my overall current draw during dark scenes, it confirms that the set does not dim nearly as much as it did before.
skibum5000's Avatar skibum5000 12:49 PM 11-23-2012
"The ES7000 presents a full HD 3D image, resolving full horizontal and vertical detail in the third dimension. Unlike the 55″ version of the ES8000 we reviewed, it doesn’t draw an entirely flawless Right Eye image, with the extra information appearing with a slight stippled effect. We thought this was a thing of the past when we saw that the UE55ES8000 was free of it – whether or not it’s down to the difference in panel size or series, we’re not sure."

The above from http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/samsung-ue40es7000-ue46es7000-201207141924.htm?page=Performance.

Does this also apply to the US ES7100 (or 7500)? (the right eye-stippling thing?)
skibum5000's Avatar skibum5000 12:55 PM 11-23-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriscoCountyJr View Post

For all those models, the only way is to use Movie mode - that disables both CE and micro-dimming, but you can't disable them separately.

thanks.

(I asked because on the C650 movie mode did not stop all of the CE dimming.)
EAnglum's Avatar EAnglum 12:55 PM 11-23-2012
I have no idea what they are talking about...all I know is that 3D on our TV is amazing. One point that many will not argue is that Samsung has one of the best 3D sets on the market (ES line).
skibum5000's Avatar skibum5000 01:03 PM 11-23-2012
Quote:

I have no idea what they are talking about...all I know is that 3D on our TV is amazing. One point that many will not argue is that Samsung has one of the best 3D sets on the market (ES line).

So if you view with the left eye closed even from up close you see no stippling or dot or line skipping in 3D?

Maybe that is just on the Euro ES7000 model and not the US ES71000 then. (I know they get saddled with non-defeatable DNR on ALL samsung models in Europe, while thankfully ever since very late A-series firmwares we have been able to get true AMP and DNR off when set to zero in the US/Canada).
delaAVS's Avatar delaAVS 05:40 PM 11-23-2012
can someone help me with the 1080p 60 / issue i got a samsung tech coming here now i see its a bigger problem
EAnglum's Avatar EAnglum 06:02 PM 11-23-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by delaAVS View Post

can someone help me with the 1080p 60 / issue i got a samsung tech coming here now i see its a bigger problem

Its well documented within this thread.

Go to SmartHub and find an app called SyncPlus (might be on the last page). Disable this app and uncheck the terms and conditions agreement. Problem solved. cool.gif
kauai1's Avatar kauai1 07:22 PM 11-23-2012
Another basic question for you guys that know more than the basics: Does the faster dual core processor on the 7150 vs. the 6150 have any effect on streaming quality? I was getting some wierd pixeling at times using Netflix via wireless. Before installing the new TV I'll be hardwired & have added a cable internet service that tests much faster than the dsl service here. Too many variables so I'm wondering if the faster processor speed effects such apps & content quality or whether the hardwire & internet speed will solve the issue. I also don't know how these things buffer the streaming content.
MTCruiser's Avatar MTCruiser 07:56 PM 11-23-2012
Quote:

Its well documented within this thread.
Go to SmartHub and find an app called SyncPlus (might be on the last page). Disable this app and uncheck the terms and conditions agreement. Problem solved. cool.gif

Wow !!! I can not believe that Samsung still has not gotten the word out about the SyncPlus App problem to the techs and customer support and sending out techs about it.
MATA7's Avatar MATA7 02:25 AM 11-24-2012
how exactly do you disable synplus guys, thanks

Sent from my iPad
James T's Avatar James T 04:47 AM 11-24-2012
SPDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interconnect Format) commonly known as an optical cable.

I use to know them as a toshlink cable as I believe Toshiba had something to do with there invention.

I have recently connected a Bose Cinematic II to the television this is a 2.1 unit.

In the sound setting in the set I have attempted to change the sound output to Dolby Digital or DTS It is grayed out. I attempted this change in Movie Mode and Standard mode no success.

The samsung book and the on screen manual are silent on this selection. I thought I saw a post here about three weeks ago on SPDIF but I can not find it.

Two questions is PCM the correct?? and only output source??.

I am using the original firmware 1022 which came with the set.

Any insight or info would be appreciated.I will contact Samsung support on this issue but generally I finf their information poor.
EAnglum's Avatar EAnglum 05:33 AM 11-24-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATA7 View Post

how exactly do you disable synplus guys, thanks
Sent from my iPad

go into SmartHub and find the SyncPlus app - most likely on your last page of apps.

Go into the app, then click on "tools". Disable the application as well as unchecking the terms and conditions (Privacy notice).
EAnglum's Avatar EAnglum 05:35 AM 11-24-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by James T View Post

SPDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interconnect Format) commonly known as an optical cable.
I use to know them as a toshlink cable as I believe Toshiba had something to do with there invention.
I have recently connected a Bose Cinematic II to the television this is a 2.1 unit.
In the sound setting in the set I have attempted to change the sound output to Dolby Digital or DTS It is grayed out. I attempted this change in Movie Mode and Standard mode no success.
The samsung book and the on screen manual are silent on this selection. I thought I saw a post here about three weeks ago on SPDIF but I can not find it.
Two questions is PCM the correct?? and only output source??.
I am using the original firmware 1022 which came with the set.
Any insight or info would be appreciated.I will contact Samsung support on this issue but generally I finf their information poor.

You're TV will not pass DD or DTS from another source. If you are watching OTA or one of the applications (Netflix), you're TV will output DD when the signal is available. If you want to get DD/DTS from a blu-ray player, you will have to go directly to your AVR.

Hope that helps...
James T's Avatar James T 06:09 AM 11-24-2012
EANGLUM Thanks for the reply that is usually how the TVS work but my curiosity was there becaused they showed DD and DTS grayed out in the seelction menu.

So if I understand you correctly if I have DD signal on netflix then the TV will pass it through.

Does that also apply to my apple box or do you have go directly to the receiver??.

That does create a problem because BOSE cinamatic !! doe not have a receiver it is basically and upgraded sound bar with a sub woofer
EAnglum's Avatar EAnglum 06:24 AM 11-24-2012
Yep, basically any application that is built into the TV will pass DD when available. As for your Apple TV, you'll have to take (atleast the audio) directly to your AVR.
vipergtsrz's Avatar vipergtsrz 09:05 AM 11-24-2012
Hello everyone,

I just got my 7100 last night from Costco, and after hooking it up, I can't seem to find out how to change the picture settings when I have it hooked up to my PC.

My PC is basically the only thing I use with my TV. I have my over the air antenna going to my PC with Windows Media Center and I play all my DVDs and BluRays off of it as well.

The picture that I get from the PC on this new TV is really dull and isn't colorful at all.

Whenever I try to adjust picture settings, nothing is available. When I click on something, it says something like "You can't adjust this property when the TV is connected to a PC".

Why in the heck would they limit the picture settings that I can adjust only because I have the TV plugged into the PC?

Please tell me there is a way around this. If I can't calibrate my TV's picture when it's hooked up to my PC, I'll have to take it back and get a TV that will let me do it.

So far, I'm pretty disappointed.
UTWarden's Avatar UTWarden 10:01 AM 11-24-2012
did it this morning, all went well, Sync Plus is off(Thanks to this thread), my settings were not reset, I updated via USB stick. 1013->1024
Tags: Samsung Un46es7100 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un60es7100 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es7100 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv Black
First ... 23  24  25 26  27  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop