Forum Jump: 

post #1261 of 2856 Old 12-26-2012, 09:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrios35 View Post

So I have a million remotes now. My old smart remote is about 14 yrs old. What are you guys using with the TV and does it keep all the features?

I use the Logitech Harmony One - any Harmony remote should work just fine, however I haven't heard great things about the new Harmony Touch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 2856 Old 12-27-2012, 07:54 AM

Location: Toronto Ontario Canada/ Port Charlotte Florida Port Charlotte Florida
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Pirates Cove
looks like a lot of work

I see u have the contrast at 100 have u tried it on night scenes?

what were the results?

When does the film mode work it was grayed out in the standard mode

is it available in other modes?
post #1263 of 2856 Old 12-27-2012, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by James T View Post

Pirates Cove
looks like a lot of work
I see u have the contrast at 100 have u tried it on night scenes?
what were the results?
When does the film mode work it was grayed out in the standard mode
is it available in other modes?

Contrast 100 works well in night scenes with Eco Sensor Backlight at 6.

White levels don't show clipping (like most Samsung HDTVs).

Film Mode is for 1080i sources to properly de-interlace content.

Its grayed out based on non-1080i sources.
post #1264 of 2856 Old 12-27-2012, 08:36 AM

Liked: 10
Just got my 7100 up and running and I've noticed when I first turn it on it will flash over to the smart TV hub and then back to whatever I was watching. Anyone notice this?
post #1265 of 2856 Old 12-27-2012, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Lightning View Post

Just got my 7100 up and running and I've noticed when I first turn it on it will flash over to the smart TV hub and then back to whatever I was watching. Anyone notice this?

Yes their is a bug because of the SyncMaster update in fw 1025.

It causes a Smart Hub flash at exactly 2 minutes after start up.
post #1266 of 2856 Old 12-27-2012, 12:45 PM

2 questions:
I have noticed clouding on when watching movies in 16:9 in the bottom left and right and when screen is black or loading. Will using a calibration disc like WoW as an example help with this?

I went to my local Retailor BB, who offers calibration and asked the salesperson behind the counter where i could find the WoW disc and he was adiment it would only help adjusting my screen for Disney movies and not the Streaming or HD cable pic... I told him he was nuts and that wasn't true and he insisted i should have my new Tv professionally calibrated by them or another so called pro calibration person.

Did not seem correct at all from what i have read. Is this guy correct or just completely off his roccker?
post #1267 of 2856 Old 12-27-2012, 12:59 PM

I'm considering buying a 60" ES7100 (or ES7500 possibly) during the Boxing Week sales going on. I currently have a LN52A750 I purchased almost 4 years ago to the day. I've been lucky and haven't noticed any issues with it but reading this thread I see there's a number of people not happy with their ES7100 for various reasons. Outside of the Smart Hub issue is there any reason why the ES7100 wouldn't be a good upgrade on my A750?
post #1268 of 2856 Old 12-27-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

Yes their is a bug because of the SyncMaster update in fw 1025.
It causes a Smart Hub flash at exactly 2 minutes after start up.

Great, Thanks for the input.
post #1269 of 2856 Old 12-27-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Lightning View Post

Great, Thanks for the input.

It's just a quick 1/4 of a second flash, and it's done. Nothing that will cause you not to enjoy the TV.

Come join our adult gaming community at www.syndicatedgaming.net

XBL and Steam: diehardcubfn
post #1270 of 2856 Old 12-27-2012, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by markc72 View Post

It's just a quick 1/4 of a second flash, and it's done. Nothing that will cause you not to enjoy the TV.

I'm getting sick of seeing the flash and wish Samsung would hurry up with a smart hub update. smile.gif
post #1271 of 2856 Old 12-27-2012, 03:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck09 View Post

I'm considering buying a 60" ES7100 (or ES7500 possibly) during the Boxing Week sales going on. I currently have a LN52A750 I purchased almost 4 years ago to the day. I've been lucky and haven't noticed any issues with it but reading this thread I see there's a number of people not happy with their ES7100 for various reasons. Outside of the Smart Hub issue is there any reason why the ES7100 wouldn't be a good upgrade on my A750?

Funny, I'm coming off a Samsung A850 with its excelling viewing angle and solid uniformity screen.

The Samsung ES7100 is a good sucessor with better color accurracy and saturation.

The ES7100 also has better black levels and an ANSI contrast ratio similar to the A750 and A850.

The viewing angle is about half or less of the A750's and A850's.

The 240 Hz motion on the ES is better and the 3D and apps options are nice.

The ES also has a nice design and updated menu system.
post #1272 of 2856 Old 12-27-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg321 View Post

2 questions:
I have noticed clouding on when watching movies in 16:9 in the bottom left and right and when screen is black or loading. Will using a calibration disc like WoW as an example help with this?
I went to my local Retailor BB, who offers calibration and asked the salesperson behind the counter where i could find the WoW disc and he was adiment it would only help adjusting my screen for Disney movies and not the Streaming or HD cable pic... I told him he was nuts and that wasn't true and he insisted i should have my new Tv professionally calibrated by them or another so called pro calibration person.
Did not seem correct at all from what i have read. Is this guy correct or just completely off his roccker?

My WoW disc gets here tomorrow, I would hope it helps with more than just Disney movies. It wouldn't make sense otherwise. Hope some more experienced gents could comment on this also.
post #1273 of 2856 Old 12-27-2012, 04:43 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by spini View Post

Hey guys, new to the forums. Just wanted to ask a couple of questions one about the wi-fi. It's horrible I get 0.5 mb/s and my playstaion 3 and xbox get atleast 5.5 mb/s sitting right below the tv. I cannot watch anything on the smarthub because of buffering. I tried buying a wirless repeater but that didn't work. I cant connect a cat 5 cable because my router is in my office not the living room. Any ideas? Also I bought my tv 3 weeks ago for 2k at Amazon and they wont give me the $200 gift card or match Best Buy's deal that they have right now because they said they dont "honor promotions". Should I keep calling I mean I feel like they should honor their own deals?

You might want to try a pair of power line network adapters. You plug them in, connect one adapter to the router and the other adapter to your A/V equipment via Cat5 network cables. Modern power line adapters can support 50-200 Mb network connections on most home wiring. My personal favorites are from TrendNet and NetGear.
post #1274 of 2856 Old 12-27-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdk1091 View Post

Does anyone have first hand expierence with ARC (Audio Return Channel).
What I am wondering does the AVR get the TV from the sound no matter what input is used on the TV? Is the sound full (5.1 in my case), or limited to 2 channels?
For example
-HDMI 1 (AVR/bluray)
-HDMI 2 (STB)
-HDMI 3 (XBOX)
Will the AVR get sound even when playing xbox on HDMI 3?

The TV supports ARC only on HDMI-2, so that is where you want you AVR/bluray connected. All HDMI inputs to the TV, as well as the SmartHub apps will feed their sound to the ARC port. If the TV input source is capable of multi-channel sound that is what is goes to the ARC port.
post #1275 of 2856 Old 12-27-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrios35 View Post

Picked one up on Sat! Love it. I don't seem to have the clouding issues mentioned. Lucky me! I will have to look out for the Smart Hub flash.
I denied the extended warranty coverage though, what are your guys thoughts on that? I have had luck with Samsung and the reliability, so I based it off that.
Anyone use an App via smartphone or tablet to control the TV?

I have the "Samsung Remote" app installed on my iPhone and it works with the TV. I don't know if the app is available for Android devices. I believe there are several multi-device phone/tablet apps available as well for IP connected/controlled devices.
post #1276 of 2856 Old 12-27-2012, 07:17 PM

I've had my 60" 7100 for three weeks now, and I have noticed clouding since I've had it (mainly near the edges and in the middle). I went ahead and massaged the screen today but have not noticed much of a difference. Should I plan to return the TV or give it more time?
post #1277 of 2856 Old 12-27-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoluvr View Post

I have the "Samsung Remote" app installed on my iPhone and it works with the TV. I don't know if the app is available for Android devices. I believe there are several multi-device phone/tablet apps available as well for IP connected/controlled devices.

I have the app for my Galaxy Tab 2 and my Note 2. It's a cool idea and it works well, but doesn't really offer any benefit over the normal remotes. If anything, having to unlock the screen just makes it more cumbersome than it's worth. I am hoping they add more customization for cable box tuning, favorite channel icons, etc.
post #1278 of 2856 Old 12-27-2012, 08:20 PM

This might be a simple problem I hope. I got my new A/V receiver today. Its a Yamaha RXV473 which replaced my trusty but outdated one. I'm still learning on how to hook it up but so far got it working with the TV but can't get sound when using SmartHub or Allshare.

Here's how I got it configured.

Cable box is hooked into the receiver by HDMI to the HDMI 2 port and then HDMI out to the HDMI 2 (ARC) port on the TV, I have the TV speaker setting in the TV to external. When I go into Smart Hub and try to use Allshare to stream a movie off my PC or use Youtube I get no sound from that source but still get sound from the cable box (unless I turn off the cable box)

What am I doing wrong? I'm having a brain fart trying to figure it out. Anyone know a fix or the correct settings/hook up?
post #1279 of 2856 Old 12-28-2012, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirNaTine View Post

This might be a simple problem I hope. I got my new A/V receiver today. Its a Yamaha RXV473 which replaced my trusty but outdated one. I'm still learning on how to hook it up but so far got it working with the TV but can't get sound when using SmartHub or Allshare.
Cable box is hooked into the receiver by HDMI to the HDMI 2 port and then HDMI out to the HDMI 2 (ARC) port on the TV, I have the TV speaker setting in the TV to external. When I go into Smart Hub and try to use Allshare to stream a movie off my PC or use Youtube I get no sound from that source but still get sound from the cable box (unless I turn off the cable box)
What am I doing wrong? I'm having a brain fart trying to figure it out. Anyone know a fix or the correct settings/hook up?

You may have to enable HDMI-CEC (Anynet+) on the TV and AVR for ARC to work with the Samsung. If you do, you will probably want to disable Anynet's "Auto Turn Off" feature. If you don't want HDMI-CEC enabled, another option is to use the Optical connection from the TV to the AVR.
post #1280 of 2856 Old 12-28-2012, 06:10 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacSC99 View Post

I've had my 60" 7100 for three weeks now, and I have noticed clouding since I've had it (mainly near the edges and in the middle). I went ahead and massaged the screen today but have not noticed much of a difference. Should I plan to return the TV or give it more time?
I've had the same issue with my 60" and I just returned it on Sat. at costco. Exchanged it with another 60" and I don't see any clouding with it out of the box. Depending on where you got yours from, they might charge you a restocking fee. But exchange it before it's too late.
post #1281 of 2856 Old 12-28-2012, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirNaTine View Post

I think you have to run a fiber optic cable from the TV to the reciever for sound comming from your TV. Why it doesn't use the HDMI I have no idea.
post #1282 of 2856 Old 12-28-2012, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

post #1283 of 2856 Old 12-28-2012, 11:00 AM

I as well am having some thoughts about my setup. I got as a gift a HT-EM54C home theater. I connected my xbox to HDMI port 1 and my home theater that is blue ray 3d to HDMI 2. I am using the ARC feature. My question is that i don't know to believe. According to the e-manual, it states that I need to connect my sources to the reciever to get the 5.1 sound. With the current connection I have, again according to the e-manual, I would be getting 2.1 sound. I did verify this because through my xbox, I stream Netflix due to better quality and better frame rate. I was watching a 5.1 sound movie and my reciever did not decode 5.1. Is the ARC with my method of connection not giving then 5.1 sound? I have read and also confirmed with Samsung tech support that I should be getting 5.1 sound and that the e-manual was a misprint on this topic. May now be outdated because of a firmeware upgrade or something but how would I go about setting my connections right to achieve my 5.1 surround sound? Anyone else have a simlar or same setup as I do? Thanks in advance.
post #1284 of 2856 Old 12-28-2012, 12:39 PM

Does this television have a game mode? If so how do I access it? If not, does anyone have any calabration settings to use with an Xbox360?
post #1285 of 2856 Old 12-28-2012, 12:49 PM

Liked: 13
"ARC can convey Dolby Digital, DTS, and PCM, but none of the advanced codecs, such as Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, or DTS-HD." I am not 100% sure about DD+ getting down converted to DD.

IN other words ARC is not a true 'pass thru' feature.

ARC was designed to get audio from an internal turner (OTA antenna) or app running on the TV to be pushed 'upstream' thru the HDMI cable that is connected to a A/V receiver that also supports ARC. It is up to the manufacturers as to the level of audio support for for audio coming from the non ARC ports (HDMI1 and HDMI3). It seems that most manufactures will not pass thru but down convert audio coming from the non ARC port(s).

If you want to get full audio codec support for your XBox then plug your XBox HDMI cable into one of the 2 HDMI input ports on the back your bluray player.
post #1286 of 2856 Old 12-28-2012, 12:57 PM

Thank you very much for the clarification. I know there is a feature on the tv to change from PCM to Dobly Digital. I know for sure that I can get the most with out compression on PCM stream. Again, thank you for clarification and I will modify my conections tonight and put my results.
post #1287 of 2856 Old 12-28-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox2115 View Post

Does this television have a game mode? If so how do I access it? If not, does anyone have any calabration settings to use with an Xbox360?

Yes, it is hidden in the main menu > System > General. Found it when I was messing with the menu one day.

Come join our adult gaming community at www.syndicatedgaming.net

XBL and Steam: diehardcubfn
post #1288 of 2856 Old 12-28-2012, 08:15 PM

Was going to exchange 55 for 60 but decided not to because bezel lot bigger and have to pay tax on full price over3K. Costco has 55 model same price as I paid plus give extra $200 card, think worth it to return and re-buy? They would not just give me extra card because that deal online only. Anyone else get on this current deal?
post #1289 of 2856 Old 12-28-2012, 08:20 PM

Just bought the es7100 a week ago and am experiencing some clouding issues on dark scenes. I have tried tweaking with the settings and it has helped a little. Massaging the screen did not help at all. Any suggestions on how to rid myself of this annoyance would be greatly appreciated.
post #1290 of 2856 Old 12-28-2012, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox2115 View Post

Yes, In Main Menu go down to System go down to General second from top Game Mode

My settings Standard for Xbox360 (same as Movie, except Color: Auto and No - 10p White Balance):

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1414638/official-samsung-unxxes7100-thread/1260#post_22749371
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un46es7100 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un60es7100 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es7100 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page