Official Samsung UNXXES7100 Thread. - Page 46 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1351 of 2856 Old 01-07-2013, 07:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I picked up a 60es7050 on futureshop boxing day sales. From what i can tell its the same as the 7100, anyone know for sure?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 2856 Old 01-07-2013, 11:40 AM

Liked: 13
I bought my 60ES7100 a few weeks ago, I immediately updated Smart Hub to the latest version, and I have not experienced any of the flashing that some of you folks are describing. Everything is working perfectly fine except for some edge lighting uniformity issues. I guess that issue doesn't impact everyone?
post #1353 of 2856 Old 01-07-2013, 02:26 PM

By the way, how do you turn the 3D glasses off? An led lights when you first turn it on but then goes out.
post #1354 of 2856 Old 01-07-2013, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Lightning View Post

By the way, how do you turn the 3D glasses off? An led lights when you first turn it on but then goes out.

You don't they are "SMART" and auto-turn off without the 3D bluetooth link.

The 4 Glasses that come with the HDTV need to be turned on.

The more advanced Glasses once synced also have auto-turn on.
post #1355 of 2856 Old 01-07-2013, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 12
Wonder if us folks with this old model (2012) 7100 series will get the new and improved smart hub? I'd be happy with a non flashing smart hub update eek.gif
post #1356 of 2856 Old 01-07-2013, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post

Wonder if us folks with this old model (2012) 7100 series will get the new and improved smart hub? I'd be happy with a non flashing smart hub update eek.gif

+1, Samsung should fix the @ 2min. Flash.
post #1357 of 2856 Old 01-07-2013, 06:34 PM

Thanks MGH26! I'll keep the firmware at 1023 for now. Any thoughts on the "halo effects" I mentioned while watching sports?
Quote:
Brian... I have firmware Ver 1023 out of the box and all is OK (Sync Plys Application turned off) The colors are good and the 3D is amazing! I just got a Sony BDP-S590 this weekend . I just watched Avatar 3D and have never seen such clean 3D. As far as the firmware version being NG, It was not a good update on line but it seem's to be just fine when it is the first version loaded prior to shipment. I would NOT advise any update if you are satisfied with the TV's overall performance. Ver 1023 out of the box is not bug free but is very stable on my TV. The Smart Hub Flash problem occured during a smart hub update over a month ago and it is not a firmware version bug so I think we all just have to wait it out fot the "magic on line smart hub Auto update fix" that Samsung has promised us but is now delayed. I am loving my 7100 now but I didn't screw up this one with a firmware update crash like a few others that had to be exchanged afterwards. Enjoy your TV!!!!
post #1358 of 2856 Old 01-07-2013, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Finally Samsung has gotten rid of the BSG/Chicken Foot TV Stand....

2013 HDTV line up with pictures.....

http://global.samsungtomorrow.com/?p=21335
post #1359 of 2856 Old 01-07-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyboy View Post

Got the Recessed Pro Power Kit w/Straight Blade Inlet White from Monoprice to hide wires

Great. I'll be sure to check that out this soon. Thanks.
post #1360 of 2856 Old 01-07-2013, 07:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

Finally Samsung has gotten rid of the BSG/Chicken Foot TV Stand....
2013 HDTV line up with pictures.....
http://global.samsungtomorrow.com/?p=21335

well most people throw away the stand no matter what...most of us mount the tv on the wall anyway...

I have a 2012 smart sammy....its one inch thin...whats the point having such a thin tv if you are not gonna mount on the wall anyway...

slim tv plus a slim profile wall mount, its heaven....look at my set up....
post #1361 of 2856 Old 01-07-2013, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndeaverouX View Post

well most people throw away the stand no matter what...most of us mount the tv on the wall anyway...
I have a 2012 smart sammy....its one inch thin...whats the point having such a thin tv if you are not gonna mount on the wall anyway...

I still use and like the TV Stand...but not the silver chicken feet.

I have a normal older stand attached.
post #1362 of 2856 Old 01-07-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndeaverouX View Post

post #1363 of 2856 Old 01-08-2013, 05:28 AM

I'm w/PiratesCove...I reset my Smart Hub a week after purchasing and I haven't logged in since. I'm actually a bigger fan of Apple TV and I'm now using that to stream music, video, and to access my iTunes library.
post #1364 of 2856 Old 01-08-2013, 06:01 AM

I can't figure out how to view photos on my pc on my 46 inch es7100. The tv shows the Picasa program (where the photos are) but when I click Picasso nothing happens. The only other thing that I have used has been Utube which works fine. Any suggestions? Thanks
post #1365 of 2856 Old 01-08-2013, 06:38 AM

Quote:
I can't figure out how to view photos on my pc on my 46 inch es7100. The tv shows the Picasa program (where the photos are) but when I click Picasso nothing happens. The only other thing that I have used has been Utube which works fine. Any suggestions? Thanks

Tony Mo - unfortunately, there are a thousand ways to skin this cat. It's quite shameful that there has to be so many choices but, then again, it's not Apple so there are actually ways and choices to do this tongue.gif

So, here you go....

Welcome to Samsung where our motto is, not only do we set records with quarterly earnings, we fix things that are not broken:

1) DLNA compliant access
2) AllShare (via AllShare variant of DLNA and AllSharePlay)
3) WiFi direct
4) Picasa Albums

For item 1) above, the Samsung 7100 is native DLNA compliant. Any DLNA compliant device or operating system (Windows 7) should be functional. The kicker here is that Windows mashes their media sharing into Windows Media Player. So, your pictures need to synch with windows media player on your source (your PC) for your TV to find the source (your PC) to see your pictures. So make sure you have sharing on your picture directories (folders) and make sure you windows media player is synching your pictures. Then on your TV, you should simply choose the SOURCE button on the remote and you will find all your DLNA compliant PCs listed as long as they are connected to your HOMEGROUP or NETWORK that the TV is connected too.

For item 2) above... load AllSharePlay client on your PC and synch your photos to said client. Then use the AllSharePlay app on the TV.

For item 3) run WiFi Direct app on TV and you should be able to adhoc wifi connections... I have not tried this via a Windows 7 PC and TV yet. It works on my Samsung Galaxy S3 flawlessly.

For item 4).... OK, I have been a Google user since the 90s. I am on my third Android phone and have been a Google Apps customer for well over a decade... Hell, I was a Google Talk customer working with the developers when the project was first started (Grand Central). I have been around Google for a long long time and use their products constantly... Google continues to completely confound me (and I am a highly compensated IT and Networking professional in the field for nearly 30 years). Sometimes, my Picasa Albums show up where they are supposed to show up and sometimes, well, they don't. They sometimes work flawlessly with Google+ or Google Drive and sometimes, well, they don't....

Here is my recommendation... Take one photo from your albums and synch it with Media Player and see how you like it... I hate it. I want to use Media Player for nothing. But, this is the start of making sure your network and base OS is working. Then make sure you are logged into your Picasa Account and create a single new Album with a single picture uploaded and see what you get. Please report back. will try to review my set up tonight when I get home and do the same.
EndeaverouX likes this.
post #1366 of 2856 Old 01-08-2013, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony mo View Post

Never mind... I guess AVS was holding my reply as it was my first post here...I replied with a long winded reply that went somewhere... Still waiting to see it.
post #1367 of 2856 Old 01-08-2013, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony mo View Post

very simple, you have to set up your PC as a Media Server....if you dont, you wont be able to access thru your TV nor any other device for that matter....

The easiest way to do it is thru Windows Media Player....theres an option there for media server.....
post #1368 of 2856 Old 01-08-2013, 07:52 AM

see above
post #1369 of 2856 Old 01-08-2013, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldage View Post

Never mind... I guess AVS was holding my reply as it was my first post here...I replied with a long winded reply that went somewhere... Still waiting to see it.

very simple, you have to set up your PC as a Media Server....if you dont, you wont be able to access thru your TV nor any other device for that matter....

The easiest way to do it is thru Windows Media Player....theres an option there for media server.....
post #1370 of 2856 Old 01-08-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubbers View Post

I'm w/PiratesCove...I reset my Smart Hub a week after purchasing and I haven't logged in since. I'm actually a bigger fan of Apple TV and I'm now using that to stream music, video, and to access my iTunes library.

apple tv with a sammy smart tv with smarthub...kinda redundant dont you think...appple is not the solution to every world problem you know...lol....lets keep apple outta this thread please...lol...

honestly I did not buy my smart tv for the smart hub, I bought it for the amazing picture quality....smart hub just happens to be a nice perk in there....

BTW....I dont see any apple television sets out there.....all i hear are rumors.... nobody is putting a gun to anyones head here...if you dont like samsung...go buy the imaginary apple television set they have been talking bout for years, but never deliver..... lol...

sharp fell on bad times and might be eventually be going outta business, apple wanted sharp to develop their TV sets...good luck with that..... wink.gif
post #1371 of 2856 Old 01-08-2013, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldage View Post

Tony Mo - unfortunately, there are a thousand ways to skin this cat. It's quite shameful that there has to be so many choices but, then again, it's not Apple so there are actually ways and choices to do this tongue.gif
So, here you go....
Welcome to Samsung where our motto is, not only do we set records with quarterly earnings, we fix things that are not broken:
1) DLNA compliant access
2) AllShare (via AllShare variant of DLNA and AllSharePlay)
3) WiFi direct
4) Picasa Albums
For item 1) above, the Samsung 7100 is native DLNA compliant. Any DLNA compliant device or operating system (Windows 7) should be functional. The kicker here is that Windows mashes their media sharing into Windows Media Player. So, your pictures need to synch with windows media player on your source (your PC) for your TV to find the source (your PC) to see your pictures. So make sure you have sharing on your picture directories (folders) and make sure you windows media player is synching your pictures. Then on your TV, you should simply choose the SOURCE button on the remote and you will find all your DLNA compliant PCs listed as long as they are connected to your HOMEGROUP or NETWORK that the TV is connected too.
For item 2) above... load AllSharePlay client on your PC and synch your photos to said client. Then use the AllSharePlay app on the TV.
For item 3) run WiFi Direct app on TV and you should be able to adhoc wifi connections... I have not tried this via a Windows 7 PC and TV yet. It works on my Samsung Galaxy S3 flawlessly.
For item 4).... OK, I have been a Google user since the 90s. I am on my third Android phone and have been a Google Apps customer for well over a decade... Hell, I was a Google Talk customer working with the developers when the project was first started (Grand Central). I have been around Google for a long long time and use their products constantly... Google continues to completely confound me (and I am a highly compensated IT and Networking professional in the field for nearly 30 years). Sometimes, my Picasa Albums show up where they are supposed to show up and sometimes, well, they don't. They sometimes work flawlessly with Google+ or Google Drive and sometimes, well, they don't....
Here is my recommendation... Take one photo from your albums and synch it with Media Player and see how you like it... I hate it. I want to use Media Player for nothing. But, this is the start of making sure your network and base OS is working. Then make sure you are logged into your Picasa Account and create a single new Album with a single picture uploaded and see what you get. Please report back. will try to review my set up tonight when I get home and do the same.

coundlt have said be better my friend..great post....... samsung smart tv along with a samsung smart phone or tablet...amazing experience....very simple to use them together.....thats why i will never own an apple product ever again...just my opinion, im entitled to it...lol...
post #1372 of 2856 Old 01-08-2013, 10:14 AM

Had a tech come over to checkout the excessive flashlighting at the bottom left quadrant (not as much on the bottom right). I requested the service through the Samsung service site. The tech didn't think much of it, took a few pictures to send to samsung to see if they could replace the panel...but he warned me that it could be worse due to using refurbished replacements.
I first noticed this when watching Prometheus in 3D especially and it was very distracting.. - when watching a full 16:9 picture flashlighting isnt really discernible.
My diagnosis is that the bezel has too much pressure on the panel in the locations with flashlighting and can be manipulated by pressing on the bezel.

I am not sure what happens next...it doesn't seem like Samsung can do anything for me...bought this from Amazon in November.
post #1373 of 2856 Old 01-08-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
I am not sure what happens next...it doesn't seem like Samsung can do anything for me...bought this from Amazon in November.

Amazon is officially a retailer for Samsung television products. They should be treated like any other retailer and should behave as such. The only detriment is that they have no brick and mortar presence so there might be a "shipping" and replacement solution. Inconvenient? Yes... Nothing that you can do? No.

My experience with Samsung technical support so far has been dis-satisfactory. Heck, even their online interface is horrible. Keep on plowing through until you have satisfaction.

post #1374 of 2856 Old 01-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Just unboxed my UN60ES7100 and I must say I am quite pleased. Now granted it has only been roughly 30mins., but out of the box imam quite satisfied with this set in movie mode. I want to thank all that have posted in this thread for all the information that they have given. I skipped the firmware update as advised and will deal with that this weekend. I've read the thread from post #1 to the most recent over the last week in anticipation of this set. I purchased it from amazon.com and read the posts during my wait for the set. I have to admit, if I had read this thread prior to ordering, I may have changed my mind. Some of the reported problems had me worried, but so far so good. I did notice some clouding, flashlighting and banding, but I believe that is only because I was looking for it. If I had not read this thread, I probably never notice it. I almost purchased a panasonic GT50, but I decided I did not want to manage a TV.(I've got enough to do already). So I went LED and I'm glad I did so far. I will report back in the coming days as I start to experiment with settings and 3D. I belong to two other threads(Yamaha 2010, Paradigm owners) and so far this thread has been the most helpful. Sorry if I got long winded, but I am a little excited right now. Again, thanks for all of the information that everyone has supplied.wink.gif
post #1375 of 2856 Old 01-08-2013, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaduke View Post

Just unboxed my UN60ES7100 and I must say I am quite pleased. Now granted it has only been roughly 30mins., but out of the box imam quite satisfied with this set in movie mode. I want to thank all that have posted in this thread for all the information that they have given. I skipped the firmware update as advised and will deal with that this weekend. I've read the thread from post #1 to the most recent over the last week in anticipation of this set. I purchased it from amazon.com and read the posts during my wait for the set. I have to admit, if I had read this thread prior to ordering, I may have changed my mind. Some of the reported problems had me worried, but so far so good. I did notice some clouding, flashlighting and banding, but I believe that is only because I was looking for it. If I had not read this thread, I probably never notice it. I almost purchased a panasonic GT50, but I decided I did not want to manage a TV.(I've got enough to do already). So I went LED and I'm glad I did so far. I will report back in the coming days as I start to experiment with settings and 3D. I belong to two other threads(Yamaha 2010, Paradigm owners) and so far this thread has been the most helpful. Sorry if I got long winded, but I am a little excited right now. Again, thanks for all of the information that everyone has supplied.wink.gif

Cool...just remember no HDTV is perfect.

The ES7100 has a stunning picture in 2D and 3D.
post #1376 of 2856 Old 01-08-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

Cool...just remember no HDTV is perfect.
The ES7100 has a stunning picture in 2D and 3D.
My 60" Pioneer Kuro is perfect smile.gif
jk
post #1377 of 2856 Old 01-08-2013, 03:48 PM

Got my 60ES7100 2 weeks ago, loving it so far, coming from a 65" Mits 2010 DLP considerable picture quality improvement. Been a religious follower of this thread, and need some help/advise with mounting. We usually watch TV sitting on the couch with eye level at apprx 37-40 inches, mounting the TV so that the center is at this height wud mean its only 2 feet from the floor, which wudnt looks aesthetically pleasing it being so low....me and wife cant decide whether to mount it a bit higher or get a tilt mount, trying to choose between Sanus VLT15 or LL11

How do u guys think is the Vertical viewing angle?,,, we for one have conflicting opinions on this. Wud mounting it in sucha way that TV's center is 10-15" above evey level result in degraded 2D and horrible 3D quality??
And, are there any disadvantages with a tilt mount?

Any help appreciated smile.gif
post #1378 of 2856 Old 01-08-2013, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravneet View Post

Got my 60ES7100 2 weeks ago, loving it so far, coming from a 65" Mits 2010 DLP considerable picture quality improvement. Been a religious follower of this thread, and need some help/advise with mounting. We usually watch TV sitting on the couch with eye level at apprx 37-40 inches, mounting the TV so that the center is at this height wud mean its only 2 feet from the floor, which wudnt looks aesthetically pleasing it being so low....me and wife cant decide whether to mount it a bit higher or get a tilt mount, trying to choose between Sanus VLT15 or LL11
How do u guys think is the Vertical viewing angle?,,, we for one have conflicting opinions on this. Wud mounting it in sucha way that TV's center is 10-15" above evey level result in degraded 2D and horrible 3D quality??
And, are there any disadvantages with a tilt mount?
Any help appreciated smile.gif
If you want to save some money, check out Monoprice wall mounts. Way cheaper than those and well built. They are a forum sponsor and they are highly recommended by many people here. www.monoprice.com

As far as the angel goes, shouldn't be an issue.
EAnglum likes this.
post #1379 of 2856 Old 01-08-2013, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerztzg View Post

smart flash is solved on my unit after the smarthub update today can anyone else confirm this that had the problem and can someone post all of the good calibrations i know there are 2 on 631 i just wanted to see a bunch in a row to give a test6.gif

How do you update it? I went to smart hub and to Samsung Cares and it ask to update it. Is that it? I did that and the smart hub flashing still continues.
post #1380 of 2856 Old 01-09-2013, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerztzg View Post

Last time I ordered a TV from Amazon, UPS doesn't deliver them. But a company that specializes in large deliveries does and you set up an appointment6.gif/time for delivery.6.gif

I don't know about what size restrictions there are with Amazon and your method of shipping but my Amazon purchased 46" ES7100 was delivered by UPS. As an Amazon Prime member, for no cost, my set was delivered in 36 hours from time of order by UPS during the height of the holiday rush (my old trusty steed - 32" Sony Trinitron died... may she rest in peace). So, YMMV...
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un46es7100 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un60es7100 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es7100 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page