Forum Jump: 

post #2071 of 2856 Old 02-19-2013, 01:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsl99 View Post

I am close to pulling the trigger on a 55" 7100 now that the price dropped again, but I am still afraid of the viewing angle. We will have the set in a room where my viewing angle will need to be decent (if not perfect) through a good 90 degrees. The ~20 degrees some are getting scares me, as it would make only one seat in the room (out of 6) a viewable angle (sofa directly across from tv, 2 chairs on the sides of the room). I have read here that decreasing contrast helps--but do you still have to watch this tv straight on? Thanks!

I'm no geometry expert, so i just measured 7' from the left side edge of my TV, then i backed up 10' and the picture was fine. I then moved forward to close that 10' gap, and the view started to lose quality. I'm thinking that 7' was acceptable, not preferable, but any closer would be an issue. I'm not sure of your actual seating dimensions from your TV, but maybe this will help some.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2072 of 2856 Old 02-19-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario24601 View Post

Anyone know if in store purchase at costco will match this new online price or will I have to return and order online?

Have many folks ordered online via costco, worried about the actual shipping of such large TV getting damaged, any experiences?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post

I think Costco version is 7150, so it is unlikely they will match the 7100 price. Similar specs but club version to prevent pricematching. But perhaps Costco will place their model on clearance soon, but even their stock may be regulated by Samsung UPP.

Just got back from Costco, they did the price match, they currently have the 55 for $1449 so I got $300 back smile.gif

Anyway, great TV and thanks all here for the feedback and calibration advice....could not be happier with this TV!
post #2073 of 2856 Old 02-19-2013, 04:14 PM

Liked: 11
Greetings, all.

It's great to see so many people trying to help each other out.

My wife and I just purchased the 55" ES7100 and are so far very disappointed with the pixelation/blur that we are seeing with even the slightest of movement, as well as a halo around the images (3D is not engaged). For now, I just hooked it up to the old hookups from my 15+ year old Sony CRT TV (which still has a great picture). Will this improve once I hook up to the new HD cable boxes that I have coming? We tried the Auto Motion function, which seems useless.

Also, we have the signal running in series through our (admittedly old) DVD player and VCR (all are pre-HDMI and do not have ports for HDMI cables). Could this be degrading the signal?
post #2074 of 2856 Old 02-19-2013, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsl99 View Post

I am close to pulling the trigger on a 55" 7100 now that the price dropped again, but I am still afraid of the viewing angle. We will have the set in a room where my viewing angle will need to be decent (if not perfect) through a good 90 degrees. The ~20 degrees some are getting scares me, as it would make only one seat in the room (out of 6) a viewable angle (sofa directly across from tv, 2 chairs on the sides of the room). I have read here that decreasing contrast helps--but do you still have to watch this tv straight on? Thanks!

Hey Jsl99, well, I just got the 7100 yesterday, did a few quick mesurements, if I measure 6' over from edge of tv and walk
backwards towards couch, to about 9' , I can still see the pic clearly. It's not as sharp or bright as dead on center,
but think it's off center viewing isn't bad as long as the room is dim or dark.
can't you go look at one ? that's what we did at bb.. and glad I did.

joe
post #2075 of 2856 Old 02-19-2013, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
\\

hey scjohn, thanks for the info..but what I was trying to figure out was , if the remote had
a quick button for the eco mode ?
after looking at the manuel , it doen't look like it , not unless you could program a button for it.
thanks
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by scJohn View Post

The ES7100 has an Eco sensor that will automatically adjust the backlight setting depending upon the amount of light in the room the sensor detects. The max backlight used is set in the picture menu and the min backlight setting is set in the Eco Mode menu. Depending upon the amount of light in the room the Eco sensor will adjust the backlight setting to a value between the min/max backlight setting.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for.
post #2076 of 2856 Old 02-19-2013, 06:32 PM

Just attempted to purchase a 55es7100 at my local best buy. Yesterday they had 2 in stock, today they have 0. Checked everywhere to ship and didn't have one available. They did have an open box for $1290, but no pedestal, manual or 3d glasses. I asked if they could do anything on the price for the 7500 and they would only take $100 off. Moral of the story, if you see an older model available, snag it, cuz there is no guarantee it will be there tomorrow. Now it's back to trying to decide what tv to get for me. Any suggestions lol
post #2077 of 2856 Old 02-19-2013, 06:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Check HHG, Fry's, or other reailers. Also Costco or Sam's Club versions.
post #2078 of 2856 Old 02-19-2013, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue meanies View Post

Greetings, all.

My wife and I just purchased the 55" ES7100 and are so far very disappointed with the pixelation/blur that we are seeing with even the slightest of movement, as well as a halo around the images (3D is not engaged). For now, I just hooked it up to the old hookups from my 15+ year old Sony CRT TV (which still has a great picture). Will this improve once I hook up to the new HD cable boxes that I have coming? We tried the Auto Motion function, which seems useless.

Also, we have the signal running in series through our (admittedly old) DVD player and VCR (all are pre-HDMI and do not have ports for HDMI cables). Could this be degrading the signal?
You need HDMI connection for best HD picture. Get HD cable box or OTA antenna.
post #2079 of 2856 Old 02-19-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixter27 View Post

Just attempted to purchase a 55es7100 at my local best buy. Yesterday they had 2 in stock, today they have 0. Checked everywhere to ship and didn't have one available. They did have an open box for $1290, but no pedestal, manual or 3d glasses. I asked if they could do anything on the price for the 7500 and they would only take $100 off. Moral of the story, if you see an older model available, snag it, cuz there is no guarantee it will be there tomorrow. Now it's back to trying to decide what tv to get for me. Any suggestions lol

Costco.com has it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
post #2080 of 2856 Old 02-19-2013, 07:06 PM

Call me self conscious, but i usually don't like to order big ticket items off the internet. Also, i didn't check out the site yet, but i wanted to do the 24 month financing as well.
post #2081 of 2856 Old 02-19-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:

Call me self conscious, but i usually don't like to order big ticket items off the internet. Also, i didn't check out the site yet, but i wanted to do the 24 month financing as well.

I dont know why they couldnt just do a special order you one. Just go up to geek squad and tell them they dont have any in stock and none for delivery and you are willing to wait until they transfer one in from another store. I know they do this because the 60 inch i bought a month ago for $1799 was done this way.
post #2082 of 2856 Old 02-20-2013, 05:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:

Greetings, all.

Turn off Auto Motion Plus or use the Clear setting.

Check your source...Blu-ray should look better than Broadcast TV.
post #2083 of 2856 Old 02-20-2013, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmustang1 View Post

it also includes a galaxy tablet 7.0" with the 7100 series and up for free. think im going to purchase it today from bestbuy.

Hi, 1st post smile.gif I just got the $1499+freetablet deal last night at Best Buy. Got the 7100/tablet/ plus a Samsung sound bar kit and came out lower $$ than the sale price for the 8000 alone, so for now I'm a happy camper. Glad I waited - I'm done buying bleeding-edge.
post #2084 of 2856 Old 02-20-2013, 08:41 AM

Hey Mechanicuss,

I didn't see anything about a free tablet when i was there yesterday, was it something online you saw or in the store?
post #2085 of 2856 Old 02-20-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:

Hey Mechanicuss,

I didn't see anything about a free tablet when i was there yesterday, was it something online you saw or in the store?

I believe it only applies to the 60" model of the 7100 series. However, he may have been able to talk to the Best Buy manager/rep into including it anyway.
post #2086 of 2856 Old 02-20-2013, 11:53 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:

Greetings, all.

Sounds like you are feeding a SD signal/picture into the ES7100. You did not mention if you have a OTA or cable/satellite box . IF OTA then try plugging the feed directly into the Samsung and due a "Channel Scan". If set top box then see about swapping it out for a newer version that has an HDMI output (you will probably also need to upgrade you cable package to get the HD content). You will also want to replace your DVD player with BD player.
post #2087 of 2856 Old 02-20-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:

Hey Mechanicuss,

It was displayed on a placard in the store. I am typing this on the Galaxy lol.
post #2088 of 2856 Old 02-21-2013, 01:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicuss View Post

It was displayed on a placard in the store. I am typing this on the Galaxy lol.
You were lucky as the sign may have been misplaced in that store. It is a Samsung promotion that applies to select Samsung TVs, but does not apply to the UN55ES7100. The specific qualifying models are specified on Best Buy online, and the 7100 is not one of them. The nearest qualifying model is the 60" version of the 7100, or the UN55ES7500, so perhaps the salesman was confused by the similar panels. But good deal for you.
post #2089 of 2856 Old 02-21-2013, 04:09 AM

Well I'll be darned.
post #2090 of 2856 Old 02-21-2013, 07:49 AM

Yeah, I found a 7100 about 45 minutes away and went and picked it up last night. I won't be hooking it up until Saturday when i get satellite installed. It did not come with the free tablet.
post #2091 of 2856 Old 02-21-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:

Greetings, all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scJohn View Post

Sounds like you are feeding a SD signal/picture into the ES7100. You did not mention if you have a OTA or cable/satellite box . IF OTA then try plugging the feed directly into the Samsung and due a "Channel Scan". If set top box then see about swapping it out for a newer version that has an HDMI output (you will probably also need to upgrade you cable package to get the HD content). You will also want to replace your DVD player with BD player.

Blue.......as others have stated, let us know whether you have an HD source and HDMI hookups already. I'd be curious to your results. I too have been a little disappointed with pixalation on my picture. I have Comcrap HD box and higher guage HDMI cables and have had comcast out to check the signal and they tell me it is fine.....and still get pixalation in my picture. I notice it mostly when scenes change and when logo's or similar type things pop up or swoop forward on the screen (like NBC, CBS, ABC logo during sporting events etc). Interestingly, I don't see it during sporting events (like hockey...so don't see blur) unless the scene changes like stated before. I did stream Skyfall HDX via VUDU the other night and didn't see any pixilation and quite frankly was very impressed with the pic considering it was streamed. All that being said, I really think the issue is the comcast signal. I have not hooked up an OTA to see if the pixilation is present with that source. Any comments or observations from the peanut gallery on my conclusion that it is probably comcast?
post #2092 of 2856 Old 02-21-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipit555 View Post

Man you had me excited about going back and picking up a free galaxy tab. (I'm still within 30 days of my 55es7100 purchase at BB) I called and inquired about it and they told me that offer excluded the 46 inch and 55 inch. Please post if you were able to get the tab with a 55 inch purchase.

i was at sears when they told me and they made a mistake, when i went to bestbuy they showed me the fine print. if i would have bought it right then and there at sears they would have to have given it to me. they sold 2 right after me and then they realized it was wrong. i snoozed and losed.
post #2093 of 2856 Old 02-21-2013, 01:40 PM

well, i am fresh out of mandatory ethics training, so i am going to take the tablet back....

....NOT.

(i guess now i am a bona fide member of the FSA rolleyes.gif)
Jaa999Pa likes this.
post #2094 of 2856 Old 02-21-2013, 05:49 PM

From my experience any provider is a toss up of differing HD quality within their channel line-up. But the one thing that is often constant is the bitrate at which they stream the content to you. Most often this will determine the amount of pixelization you encounter. Fast moving objects as well as things with flashing lights will often pixelate because these things are changing faster than what the bitrate can handle. That said, sports events are usually streamed to you at a higher bitrate because they are known to have fast moving scenes.

Bottom line:

lower streaming bitrate.....lower bandwidth used.....higher pixelization.....more channels provider can offer.....
post #2095 of 2856 Old 02-21-2013, 07:50 PM

Just purchased this at hhgregg and absolutely love it. But the worst part is trying to get the picture just right lol. I know there was a post a little back with a really good configuration, but i wasnt a big fan. Can anyone recommend a good configuration for watching cable through a box (hd dvr)?

I also use my Playstation 3 a lot. Has anyone found a good configuration for playing games besides using the Game Mode option and maybe a good configuration for watching blu-rays? Thanks in advance
post #2096 of 2856 Old 02-21-2013, 10:27 PM

Bought this set on 1/28 and am currently on my second unit. First one had a bend in the frame and a dent in the back of the panel. Second one already has a dead pixel after 2 days and the flashlighting is noticeable in the corners and directly above the Samsung logo. But the first unit had flashlighting all throughout the panel, not just the corners. 3D is great. Sports are vivid and blur free. The dead pixel isn't a deal breaker. Still have a few days to see if I wanna roll the dice on a third unit. Disappointed in Samsungs QC team as the second panel was manufactured last month. Box was punctured but I was happy upon inspection and finding no bent frame or dented panel like my first unit. The dead pixel isn't noticeable from normal viewing distance, only when you're inches away from the screen. Flashlighting is cringe worthy though, hoping a few weeks of use will lessen that problem.
post #2097 of 2856 Old 02-22-2013, 03:54 AM

Location: Toronto Ontario Canada/ Port Charlotte Florida Port Charlotte Florida
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmtieken View Post

Just purchased this at hhgregg and absolutely love it. But the worst part is trying to get the picture just right lol. I know there was a post a little back with a really good configuration, but i wasnt a big fan. Can anyone recommend a good configuration for watching cable through a box (hd dvr)?

I also use my Playstation 3 a lot. Has anyone found a good configuration for playing games besides using the Game Mode option and maybe a good configuration for watching blu-rays? Thanks in advance

Go to post 631

I use that one wih the picture set to cool very happy with it. There are several others I believe Pirates Cove has one that many members enjoy it is much more detailed

do a search on the site cause there is also one from CNET
post #2098 of 2856 Old 02-22-2013, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmtieken View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T View Post

Go to post 631

I use that one wih the picture set to cool very happy with it. There are several others I believe Pirates Cove has one that many members enjoy it is much more detailed

do a search on the site cause there is also one from CNET

My settings modified from CNET's, includes Movie, Natural, Standard and Dynamic.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1414638/official-samsung-unxxes7100-thread/1950#post_22943484
post #2099 of 2856 Old 02-22-2013, 11:11 AM

I just got my un46es7100 TV..need best calibration settings ?
post #2100 of 2856 Old 02-22-2013, 01:06 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodm View Post

I just got my un46es7100 TV..need best calibration settings ?

It took me months before I finally found a Movie setting that I liked. Get the latest(02/21) Turboman123 settings from the ES8000 and give them a try.

I still have a preference for Standard (especially for OTA) that I did using AVC709 and S&M but I am now using Movie for BD.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un46es7100 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un60es7100 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es7100 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page