Official Samsung UNXXES7100 Thread. - Page 73 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2161 of 2855 Old 03-02-2013, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Tonight while watching broadcast tv I had a notice pop up of "Deleting 3d experience" and then "deleting family story" with a "1/21" progress indicator. Then it disappeared. After that I could no longer find the 3d demos on smart hub. Also, all of the smart hub favorite icons in the top middle of the screen were gone, including Netflix. I had to reinstall netflix, and I can't remember what else used to be in that spot (?hulu, ? amazon). Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to reinstall the explore 3d demos?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2162 of 2855 Old 03-02-2013, 05:26 PM

I don't know if there is one but I have a few questions about this model. In a dark room the back light is continually adjusting it's self and that's driving me crazy. I guess I would have to turn off the ECO mode?

Also the non HD channels look pretty bad compaired to our 2 year old 8000 series.
Any adjustment tips for this model would also be nice.
Thanks.6.gif
post #2163 of 2855 Old 03-02-2013, 05:27 PM

I have the 7100. I noticed it dims later on towards dusk. I haven't figured out where to change this yet.

I rarely ever what anything that isn't HD, and if i did i expect it to look crappy anyway so i really can't comment on that. I just got the tv a few weeks ago and have only watched a few things, I'm too concerned with the sound system.

I haven't even watched 3d on it yet.6.gif
post #2164 of 2855 Old 03-02-2013, 05:29 PM

PQ on mine is great in HD, but leaves a lot to be desired in when viewing standard channels.

Is there a way to update the firmware through the TV if you have it internet connected?

My firm ware is 1012.1, TV manufactured in May 20126.gif
post #2165 of 2855 Old 03-02-2013, 05:30 PM

Just the light comes on. TV is off. Seems to happen randomly, during the day as well. Once, after the light went on by itself, it went off by itself. I have only noticed it 3 or 4 times in the month I have had the set - unless it went on and then off when I wasn't aware of it.6.gif
post #2166 of 2855 Old 03-02-2013, 06:25 PM

Just an FYI from a post a couple pages back about tiger direct having the 55 on sale for $1349. I took a print out to best buy and they matched it. $159 went back to my card. Do it while you can, I believe td's stock were now on limited availability.
post #2167 of 2855 Old 03-02-2013, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick96 View Post

Thanks for the explanation. By the way, I love the setting. Was just worried that such a high contrast ratio would hurt the tv, or shorten the life. Thanks for posting the settings though

Awesome, honestly I was worried about the Contrast set to 100 back in 2009 on my Samsung A850.

I learned from long-term experience (at least in Movie Mode) there are Zero negative effects.
post #2168 of 2855 Old 03-02-2013, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixter27 View Post

Just an FYI from a post a couple pages back about tiger direct having the 55 on sale for $1349. I took a print out to best buy and they matched it. $159 went back to my card. Do it while you can, I believe td's stock were now on limited availability.

That is an incredible deal....eek.gif
post #2169 of 2855 Old 03-02-2013, 08:29 PM
AVS Special Member

If anyone needs help with repairs, exchanges or refunds through Samsung Support...

Two excellent resource and procedure links:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1399319/official-samsung-unxxes8000-owners-thread/330#post_21817605

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1122258/a-brief-guide-to-samsung-customer-service-making-use-of-ecr
post #2170 of 2855 Old 03-03-2013, 01:11 AM

Liked: 50
Tonight while watching broadcast tv I had a notice pop up of "Deleting 3d experience" and then "deleting family story" with a "1/21" progress indicator. Then it disappeared. After that I could no longer find the 3d demos on smart hub. Also, all of the smart hub favorite icons in the top middle of the screen were gone, including Netflix. I had to reinstall netflix, and I can't remember what else used to be in that spot (?hulu, ? amazon). Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to reinstall the explore 3d demos?

You can redownload 3D Experience by going to the Samsung Apps and searching Videos. You will find it there. As far as the smart hub, All my Icons are OK but I recently have had trouble using the Web Browser. The connection is excellent but it won't connect. All other on-line Apps are Ok at the same point in time when I can't connect. After a few trys, it may or may not connect with a network pop up msg. It's OK tonight for now though.

UPDATE: 2:46 PST OK Now I can't connect again and are also missing most Icon/Apps as well. I know there is some type of maintenence going on but I can't believe it would go this far:eek:....
post #2171 of 2855 Old 03-03-2013, 08:25 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by velillaebd View Post

I don't know if there is one but I have a few questions about this model. In a dark room the back light is continually adjusting it's self and that's driving me crazy. I guess I would have to turn off the ECO mode?

Also the non HD channels look pretty bad compaired to our 2 year old 8000 series.
Any adjustment tips for this model would also be nice.
Thanks.6.gif

You do not mention what Picture mode you are using. For Standard, what you are seeing is expected but picture settings can tame this. Should not see this if Picture mode is Movie. Samsung 2012 models are not known for there up scaling capability.
Quote:

I have the 7100. I noticed it dims later on towards dusk. I haven't figured out where to change this yet.

I rarely ever what anything that isn't HD, and if i did i expect it to look crappy anyway so i really can't comment on that. I just got the tv a few weeks ago and have only watched a few things, I'm too concerned with the sound system.

I haven't even watched 3d on it yet.6.gif

Goto Menu =>System=>Eco Solution. You can turn this feature off if you want.
Quote:

PQ on mine is great in HD, but leaves a lot to be desired in when viewing standard channels.

Is there a way to update the firmware through the TV if you have it internet connected?

My firm ware is 1012.1, TV manufactured in May 20126.gif

Goto Menu=>Support=>Software Update. Current FW is 1027.
Quote:

Just the light comes on. TV is off. Seems to happen randomly, during the day as well. Once, after the light went on by itself, it went off by itself. I have only noticed it 3 or 4 times in the month I have had the set - unless it went on and then off when I wasn't aware of it.6.gif

FW update should fix this. You can also turn the Logo light off in the Menu system.
post #2172 of 2855 Old 03-03-2013, 10:48 AM

First off I want to thank everyone in this thread for contributing all the useful information regarding the 7100's. I bought my 55" back in November and have been loving it since unboxing. Today though I am noticing a Smart Hub issue and was wondering if anyone else was experiencing it as well. I have my TV on my wireless network, and I have confirmed that the wireless is functional through the Network settings, but I can't get anything in Smart Hub to connect. I just get the "Connecting" text with the rotating circle in the upper right hand corner of the screen, and eventually I receive an error stating "unable to connect to server". The same thing happens when I connect it directly to my router via ethernet. Is anyone else experiencing this or have seen this in the past? Thanks in advance for any an all help with this matter!
post #2173 of 2855 Old 03-03-2013, 12:05 PM

Anybody here have any issues with the volume controls? The last couple of days, the volume button and the smart hub button would not work for short periods of time. Also, every once in a while, the TV wont turn off right away. Anybody have these issues?
post #2174 of 2855 Old 03-03-2013, 01:07 PM

My 7150 is connected via ethernet and I am having the same problem connecting to Amazon and Netflix last night and today. Can't get through to Samsung support...
post #2175 of 2855 Old 03-03-2013, 01:10 PM

anyone having issues with netlfix? today, when i tried using netflix and samsung app store, i kept getting an internet connectivity error even though i am connected to the internet (wired) and have a valid ip address. I can use other apps like amazon, vudu and plex which connects fine which means its not an internet connectivity issue. I tried going to the samsung app store to try if i can delete and re-install the netflix app but i get the same error when trying to open the samsung app store.

i got my 60" 7100 more than a month ago at bestbuy and this is the first time i had some sort off issue. I use netflix everyday and never had an issue until today.
post #2176 of 2855 Old 03-03-2013, 01:12 PM

same here! no issues with amazon though! amazon connected even though it was a little slow
post #2177 of 2855 Old 03-03-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southsidebob123 View Post

First off I want to thank everyone in this thread for contributing all the useful information regarding the 7100's. I bought my 55" back in November and have been loving it since unboxing. Today though I am noticing a Smart Hub issue and was wondering if anyone else was experiencing it as well. I have my TV on my wireless network, and I have confirmed that the wireless is functional through the Network settings, but I can't get anything in Smart Hub to connect. I just get the "Connecting" text with the rotating circle in the upper right hand corner of the screen, and eventually I receive an error stating "unable to connect to server". The same thing happens when I connect it directly to my router via ethernet. Is anyone else experiencing this or have seen this in the past? Thanks in advance for any an all help with this matter!

looks like some of us are having internet connectivity issues when using some apps
post #2178 of 2855 Old 03-03-2013, 01:16 PM

i was wondering. does the hub update automatically? or a manual update? I think i saw my tv had some maintenance scheduled but didnt really pay attention to it a couple days ago.
post #2179 of 2855 Old 03-03-2013, 01:45 PM

Liked: 11
I think smart hub has a scheduled maintenance today thru tomorrow. I remembering seeing a notification a day ago when i opened up smart hub too. Today im not able to connect to anything in smart hub
post #2180 of 2855 Old 03-03-2013, 02:24 PM

Hey everyone. Just purchased this TV today. Cannot connect to Smart Hub at all. Keeps giving me an error 003 or something. I know I am connected to the internet because the TV did do a software update. I see where others say there is maintenance today. Could that be the problem?
post #2181 of 2855 Old 03-03-2013, 03:05 PM

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbalone View Post

Hey everyone. Just purchased this TV today. Cannot connect to Smart Hub at all. Keeps giving me an error 003 or something. I know I am connected to the internet because the TV did do a software update. I see where others say there is maintenance today. Could that be the problem?
I bet it is! Lots of us are having the Connection issue. Some with missing or uninstalled Apps like NetFlix. Bad timing today to buy the TV for playing with the Smart Hub features. I've had my set for a couple of months and this is the first time this has happened and hope the Last time as well. This must be a big maintenence thing... Hopefully we will see Speed improvements when completed.
post #2182 of 2855 Old 03-03-2013, 03:55 PM

Liked: 12
yep, just tried my smart hub and getting the no connection sig also... even though it shows it's connected
to internet.. If I do a refresh or restart the network connection , still same results... not able to connect..
hmmmmmm
post #2183 of 2855 Old 03-03-2013, 04:07 PM

First off, thanks for all the great info everybody's contributed on this thread. Had this TV for 2 months now and I'm pretty satisfied...until today.

If this weekend's SmartHub connection problems is indeed the result of network maintenance by Samsung, it seems that this is a really poor design decision. A single point of failure for every TV. I just want to play something off my local network via Plex and I can't simply because the TV is trying to phone home to a broken Samsung server.

Which brings me to my question for the group:

Does anyone know of a way to block the TV from 'phoning home' at the router level such that the TV doesn't require a response from the Samsung servers and can continue to function within the local network. eg. can certain ports be blocked on the router.

Thanks in advance.
post #2184 of 2855 Old 03-03-2013, 05:20 PM

i think it did say that you can't use smart hub while its on maintenance but 2 days before maintenance we can't use it????

BTW, i was able to connect to netflix after 6 tries. havent tried smart hub though
post #2185 of 2855 Old 03-03-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprockincat View Post

First off, thanks for all the great info everybody's contributed on this thread. Had this TV for 2 months now and I'm pretty satisfied...until today.

If this weekend's SmartHub connection problems is indeed the result of network maintenance by Samsung, it seems that this is a really poor design decision. A single point of failure for every TV. I just want to play something off my local network via Plex and I can't simply because the TV is trying to phone home to a broken Samsung server.

Which brings me to my question for the group:

Does anyone know of a way to block the TV from 'phoning home' at the router level such that the TV doesn't require a response from the Samsung servers and can continue to function within the local network. eg. can certain ports be blocked on the router.

Thanks in advance.

I am able to use plex even if i can't use netflix. So it does work locally. It doesn't need a response form samsung server to work locally. That's not how TCP/IP works. Every now and then the router (DHCP server) needs a response from the TV to keep it ip adress lease but that's a different topic. Anyway, check the tv's network connections. do you have valid ip addresss most like in the 192.168.x.x range or do you have a 169.254.xxx.xxx ip? if you have 169 ip then it could be a DHCP server (router issue).

I think the samsung "internet connectivity message" is incorrect and if the app doesnt load it pops up that message. I think this is more of an app issue not really a network issue. Could be firmware bug.

Others are having issues with plex as well????
post #2186 of 2855 Old 03-03-2013, 05:46 PM

Liked: 12
Firmware updated today for me to 1029. All day today I'm getting "network connection error" that randomly pops up.
post #2187 of 2855 Old 03-03-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakraiders24 View Post

Anybody here have any issues with the volume controls? The last couple of days, the volume button and the smart hub button would not work for short periods of time. Also, every once in a while, the TV wont turn off right away. Anybody have these issues?

Glad to see somebody else with having issues with the volume control. I am too. Thought maybe it was just mine and it's only 35 days old or so. Temp fix was power TV Off and turn it back on. Would feel better if others than just oak raiders and I were seeing the issue. Anyone else?

Don't really use the smart hub but have noticed some sort of network warning message popping up though.
post #2188 of 2855 Old 03-03-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyboy View Post

Firmware updated today for me to 1029. All day today I'm getting "network connection error" that randomly pops up.

Did the firmware update fix issues?
post #2189 of 2855 Old 03-03-2013, 05:56 PM

I have a S3 and I heard you could watch what is on the tv on the S3 through the smart view app. I downloaded the app and I can control the tv with it but I can not get the video to show up on my phone. Does anyone know how to get this to work?
post #2190 of 2855 Old 03-03-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris009 View Post

I am able to use plex even if i can't use netflix. So it does work locally. It doesn't need a response form samsung server to work locally. That's not how TCP/IP works. Every now and then the router needs a response from the TV to keep it ip adress lease but that's a different topic. Anyway, check the tv's network connections. do you have valid ip addresss most like in the 192.168.x.x range or do you have a 169.254.xxx.xxx ip? if you have 169 ip then it could be a DHCP server (router issue).

Interesting. Judging by twitter and facebook the outages seem to be regional/intermittent. I do have a valid IP on the TV and all other networked devices are functioning correctly. However, any Smarthub app gives the "Error_Model_Bind" error while trying to start, Plex included. iPad can connect to the PMS on the same network.

Regardless, would be nice to be able to block the Smarthub from phoning home.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un46es7100 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un60es7100 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es7100 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page