Official Samsung UNXXES7100 Thread. - Page 82 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2431 of 2856 Old 03-31-2013, 03:18 PM
etp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just hooked up my 46" and upgraded the FW and noticed a thin faint grey line on the extreme left, right, and bottom.
Any one else have this and does it need to go back to BB?

ETP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2432 of 2856 Old 03-31-2013, 04:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tide_high View Post

Flash lighting right near the stand connection... Think it's from the stand pressure?

Tried the tape over the ir for interference shielding, no bueno
If the cloud near the stand is present when the tv is first powered On, then the stand iternal mounting screws may be the cause. Ifthe cloud near the stand shows up after viewing for a while then it may be related to heat buildup near that area as describd in the 8000 thread. When real bad, you may see a V shaped cloud centered at stand center. My 2 6500s I returned had the V cloud really bright and totally distracting to the eye after warm up.
post #2433 of 2856 Old 03-31-2013, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by etp View Post

Just hooked up my 46" and upgraded the FW and noticed a thin faint grey line on the extreme left, right, and bottom.
Any one else have this and does it need to go back to BB?

All the ultra-thin bezel 46 inches and 55 inches Samsungs have the thin faint grey line on the far left and right.

The ES7100, ES7500, ES8000, F7100 and F8000.

Don't know about the bottom though.
post #2434 of 2856 Old 03-31-2013, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post

If the cloud near the stand is present when the tv is first powered On, then the stand iternal mounting screws may be the cause. Ifthe cloud near the stand shows up after viewing for a while then it may be related to heat buildup near that area as describd in the 8000 thread. When real bad, you may see a V shaped cloud centered at stand center. My 2 6500s I returned had the V cloud really bright and totally distracting to the eye after warm up.

+1, I've seen this in my two panels (its very faint), I think its heat and pressure related.

Allegedly its fixed in the F series.
post #2435 of 2856 Old 04-01-2013, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
What are some of the risks involved when having the panel replaced? I had a small inch sized section where bezel was loose and could see backlight shining through, repair guy came and said whole panel (screen) is going to be replaced. Not sure if it matters but currently it is US02. I just want to know if there's anything i should look for once they replace it.
post #2436 of 2856 Old 04-01-2013, 08:31 PM

Well ****... It is a V. So it's not going to improve? Should I return?

Thanks guys
post #2437 of 2856 Old 04-01-2013, 09:21 PM

anybody been getting a "error_model_bind" error message popup lately? I just started getting one tonight. Pops up every few minutes for a few seconds. Very annoying. First time I have seen it and the tv has been working fine for months. I try to resetup the network and it says everything is fine, but it will continue to popup. I read somewhere it has something to do with the smarthub possibly server related, but I am not even using the smart hub. Anybody seen this before?
post #2438 of 2856 Old 04-01-2013, 09:59 PM

Yes I noticed the same error message. I pretty sure it's the Smart Hub server as I tried to connect to apps and failed. I've seen that message before and eventually Samsung gets around fixing the server.
post #2439 of 2856 Old 04-01-2013, 10:04 PM

ok, atleast I am not the only one. Its just annoying as hell to have it pop up every couple of minutes. I mean ok great the servers are down, I get it, I am not using smart hub quit bugging me about not connecting during normal programming. jeez samsung.
post #2440 of 2856 Old 04-01-2013, 10:17 PM

i was getting that error blind for awhile i think the maintance that is supposed to happen tonite or last night was supposed to address that issue i havent had that network blind in awhile it was happening for a few days and annoyed the **** out of me
post #2441 of 2856 Old 04-01-2013, 10:31 PM

just happened again but im trying to use the hub netflix not letting me connect guess they are working on it
post #2442 of 2856 Old 04-01-2013, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by droseofc View Post

What are some of the risks involved when having the panel replaced? I had a small inch sized section where bezel was loose and could see backlight shining through, repair guy came and said whole panel (screen) is going to be replaced. Not sure if it matters but currently it is US02. I just want to know if there's anything i should look for once they replace it.
I,m getting my US02 panel replaced tomorrow. I,ll let you know what risks there are based upon my experience. Sure hope all goes well since my current panel had excellent 2D.
post #2443 of 2856 Old 04-02-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:

I,m getting my US02 panel replaced tomorrow. I,ll let you know what risks there are based upon my experience. Sure hope all goes well since my current panel had excellent 2D.
OK now I have to say my new panel arrived damaged. BUT.... The tech didn't inspect it until he tore my entire TV apart first. What a WASTE of time. I am now in the parts on order status again and my TV is back togeather and working as before so all is not lost. I did have the tech avoid over tightening any screws and I believe my results are as good as before the tear down with no clouding or noticable flashlighting. The biggest risk I seemed to deal with was in waisting my time in trying to resolve the issue so far. I can live with that (for now at least). WAPITA though.
post #2444 of 2856 Old 04-02-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:

OK now I have to say my new panel arrived damaged. BUT.... The tech didn't inspect it until he tore my entire TV apart first. What a WASTE of time. I am now in the parts on order status again and my TV is back togeather and working as before so all is not lost. I did have the tech avoid over tightening any screws and I believe my results are as good as before the tear down with no clouding or noticable flashlighting. The biggest risk I seemed to deal with was in waisting my time in trying to resolve the issue so far. I can live with that (for now at least). WAPITA though.

I had my TV ripped apart and put together three times before I was finally given an exchange for a brand new TV. Good luck trying to get a suitable panel. All three of my were always worse then the last. I have a feeling these replacement panels are not new but refurbished. The last panel they brought over looked like it had some decals and stickers removed and replaced. You could still see the left over glue from the decals.
post #2445 of 2856 Old 04-02-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

Another reason I'm sticking with FW 1027..

Try pushing the Source button and then the red A (bottom right) button to refresh...or

To solve your ARC issue try a Factory Reset.

This link explains the process:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/supportOwnersHowToGuidePopup.do?howto_guide_seq=6790&prd_ia_cd=N0000058&map_seq=44746

If you need the code its: 0 0 0 0

Wanted to post an update in case anyone else encounters the same issue. Issue is ARC was working fine until updating FW to 1029. (#UN60ES7150F from Costco Feb 2013)

Tried both types of re-set and did not solve the ARC problem with FW 1029.

Source button + RED reset caused the "Network not connected... Error model bind" to pop up intermittently even though the wi-fi is connected. Factory reset fixed this but not the ARC issue.

Reluctantly have to run a separate optical cable in lieu of the ARC.
post #2446 of 2856 Old 04-02-2013, 07:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What a WASTE of time. I am now in the parts on order status again. The biggest risk I seemed to deal with was in waisting my time in trying to resolve the issue so far.

+1, Same thing going on here....I'm ready for the exchange.
post #2447 of 2856 Old 04-02-2013, 07:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by axm438 View Post

Good luck trying to get a suitable panel. I have a feeling these replacement panels are not new but refurbished.

Samsung must like wasting their money and our time.

I also went through 3 panel fixes-all three in bad shape to finally get an exchange last year.

At least this time it should be only 2...definitely refurbs...rolleyes.gif
post #2448 of 2856 Old 04-02-2013, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

Awesomeness. So expect the worst and prepare for worse?
post #2449 of 2856 Old 04-04-2013, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Repair scheduled for tomorrow....Win-WIN. cool.gif

If panel is cloud-free, flashlight-free, no dead pixels, no horizontal bands in 3D and other wise ideal...its a keeper.

Chances for that are slim, so on to the exchange and the F series.
post #2450 of 2856 Old 04-04-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:

Repair scheduled for tomorrow....Win-WIN. cool.gif

If panel is cloud-free, flashlight-free, no dead pixels, no horizontal bands in 3D and other wise ideal...its a keeper.

Chances for that are slim, so on to the exchange and the F series.
Hope all goes as good as it can. I just did a self tracking on my issue since I had not received a new scheduled repair phone call and this is what I saw:

Ticket Number
current status transfering repair to exchange
service
requested date
repair
completed date

Not very much info but now I am wondering what I'm going to end up with. I don't think a 46" F7100 is out there yet. Any idea how much time this process takes? I guess i'm Ok waiting since my current picture is cloud and flashlight free. Sure wish that darn dead pixel and the 3D horzontal banding wasn't there. I'm Ok with the TV otherwise.
post #2451 of 2856 Old 04-04-2013, 04:42 PM

Liked: 14
^^^ 46F7100 has been out for a while. The 60" showed up late to the party.
post #2452 of 2856 Old 04-04-2013, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hope all goes as good as it can. I just did a self tracking on my issue since I had not received a new scheduled repair phone call and this is what I saw:

Ticket Number
current status transfering repair to exchange
service
requested date
repair
completed date

Not very much info but now I am wondering what I'm going to end up with. I don't think a 46" F7100 is out there yet. Any idea how much time this process takes? I guess i'm Ok waiting since my current picture is cloud and flashlight free. Sure wish that darn dead pixel and the 3D horzontal banding wasn't there. I'm Ok with the TV otherwise.

Sounds good, I hope the F7100 is an improvement.

I want to get the F8000, I like the design and Picture Quality is second to none.

I took around 3 weeks total for the approval and exchange last year.
post #2453 of 2856 Old 04-04-2013, 06:32 PM

I just picked up this TV a few weeks ago and so far love it. One issue or question at least. Should each picture mode have its own settings? I've noticed when changing color space settings in standard mode and then go into movie mode I see the changes. I just thought and had read each mode was independent. Any idea?
post #2454 of 2856 Old 04-05-2013, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Wow...I believe Samsung actually found a better panel.

The 3D Horizontal Bands are gone....

The 2D picture quality and processing is better than the other 2 panels.

I still have the exchange option....

But surprisingly I think I don't need it...eek.gif
post #2455 of 2856 Old 04-05-2013, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtang11 View Post

I just picked up this TV a few weeks ago and so far love it. One issue or question at least. Should each picture mode have its own settings? I've noticed when changing color space settings in standard mode and then go into movie mode I see the changes. I just thought and had read each mode was independent. Any idea?

The Custom Color space is shared per input-so changing in Standard effects Movie and vise-versa.

Color Space: Auto is more accurate in Standard.
post #2456 of 2856 Old 04-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Whenever I try to view 3D samples with smarthub, it does not play continuously and usually drops out completely. Obviously a network problem. With that being said, what are good/fast wireless routers out there that most are using? I'm no network expert, so please take it easy on me with the technical stuff. Thanks in advance for those that choose to reply.
post #2457 of 2856 Old 04-06-2013, 02:01 AM

Quote:

Wow...I believe Samsung actually found a better panel.

The 3D Horizontal Bands are gone....

The 2D picture quality and processing is better than the other 2 panels.

I still have the exchange option....

But surprisingly I think I don't need it...eek.gif
That's good news PC. Happy for you... I'm happy I got a good one from the get go. (Knock on wood)
post #2458 of 2856 Old 04-06-2013, 04:42 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaduke View Post

Whenever I try to view 3D samples with smarthub, it does not play continuously and usually drops out completely. Obviously a network problem. With that being said, what are good/fast wireless routers out there that most are using? I'm no network expert, so please take it easy on me with the technical stuff. Thanks in advance for those that choose to reply.

I have had a Linksys wrt54g for over 4 years without issues.
post #2459 of 2856 Old 04-06-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:

The Custom Color space is shared per input-so changing in Standard effects Movie and vise-versa.

Color Space: Auto is more accurate in Standard.

Great info. Thanks.
post #2460 of 2856 Old 04-06-2013, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uclabruinn View Post

That's good news PC. Happy for you... I'm happy I got a good one from the get go. (Knock on wood)

Thanks, so far no dead pixels, no banding, very limited slow down/ picture stuttering.

Surprisingly, my settings looked great on all three panels, especially my current one.

I'm still tempted to put this HDTV through torture tests and set up the exchange for a F8000.

Right now I'm going to stick with the ES7100 as this panel has excellent resolution and motion.

I noticed new details in material I'm very familiar with.

I wonder if its a "newer" panel as I didn't see the manufacture date this time.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un46es7100 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un60es7100 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es7100 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page