Forum Jump: 

post #2521 of 2855 Old 04-19-2013, 01:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

Thanks! Right now I don't have a clue which HDTV I want.....

The ES8000 and F8500 both have excellent Picture Quality.

Then again, the F7100 may be the best (cheaper) choice.

How is the touch remote?
The touch remote is very cool. Not hard at all to use but has made the TV slightly more software driven. It's basically like sliding your finger in the direction you want the cursor to go and it goes there. I didn't seem to overshoot as some of these types of touch pads can cause so the software timing/speed looks like there was some time getting it right for the most part. There are a few function buttons on the touch pad as well so it's not all software driven. Also, the voice commands seem to work pretty good but not 100% perfect. I'm really starting to like this set! When I get a keeper, I'll be totally satisfied..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2522 of 2855 Old 04-19-2013, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post

The touch remote is very cool. Not hard at all to use but has made the TV slightly more software driven. It's basically like sliding your finger in the direction you want the cursor to go and it goes there. I didn't seem to overshoot as some of these types of touch pads can cause so the software timing/speed looks like there was some time getting it right for the most part. There are a few function buttons on the touch pad as well so it's not all software driven. Also, the voice commands seem to work pretty good but not 100% perfect. I'm really starting to like this set! When I get a keeper, I'll be totally satisfied..

Awesome, I got to use the remote at HHGregg with the F7100....

I was real impressed and the Picture Quality was excellent.

I might just take delivery on the F7100 and save that $$$$. wink.gif
mgh26 likes this.
post #2523 of 2855 Old 04-19-2013, 04:55 PM
AVS Special Member

I just emailed to accept the F7100..so who's going to start the UNXXF7100 Thread?? biggrin.gif
post #2524 of 2855 Old 04-19-2013, 09:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, I finally got the picture settings I'm happy with. With the 1029 there seemed to be a much higher contrast and color seemed more saturated. These are based off of PiratesCove settings with just some minor tweaks. So credit goes to him.

Settings are for the 1029 update.

Movie Mode

--Picture menu
Mode: Movie
Backlight: 8 (I have a dark room)
Contrast: 100
Brightness: 43
Sharpness: 20
Color: 49
Tint: G50/R50

Screen adjustment submenu:
Picture Size: Screen Fit/16:9

Auto Adjustment submenu: [Grayed out]

3D submenu: N/A

Advanced settings submenu:
Dynamic contrast: Off
Black tone: Off
Flesh tone: 0
RGB Only Mode: Off
Color space: Auto
White Balance: [see below]
10p White Balance: On
Gamma: -1
Expert Pattern: Off
xvYCC: Off
Motion Lighting: Off [grayed out]

White balance submenu:
R-Offset: 26
G-Offset: 26
B-Offset: 23
R-Gain: 25
G-Gain: 26
B-Gain: 27

10p White Balance submenu:
Interval 1: Red 0, Green +1, Blue +1
Interval 2: Red 0, Green 0, Blue +1
Interval 3: Red +2, Green +1, Blue +1
Interval 4: Red +2, Green +1, Blue +1
Interval 5: Red +1, Green +1, Blue +1
Interval 6: Red +2, Green +3, Blue +3
Interval 7: Red +1, Green +1, Blue +2
Interval 8: Red +1, Green +1, Blue +3
Interval 9: Red 0, Green 0, Blue +3
Interval 10: Red 0, Green 0, Blue +3

Picture options submenu
Color tone: Warm2
Digital Noise Filter: Off
MPEG Noise Filter: Off
HDMI black level: Normal
Film mode: Off
Auto Motion Plus: Off(preference)
LED Motion Plus: On

3D - same as Movie except Backlight: 20
post #2525 of 2855 Old 04-20-2013, 05:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklabel036 View Post

Ok, I finally got the picture settings I'm happy with. With the 1029 there seemed to be a much higher contrast and color seemed more saturated. These are based off of PiratesCove settings with just some minor tweaks. So credit goes to him.

Settings are for the 1029 update.

Great, I hope the picture "pops" again.

The ES8000 just got another fw update and it improved picture quality.

So maybe the ES7100 will get a fw update soon, that returns to fw 1026/1027 PQ.
post #2526 of 2855 Old 04-22-2013, 12:13 AM

Quote:

I just emailed to accept the F7100..so who's going to start the UNXXF7100 Thread?? biggrin.gif
Congradulations.... Lets wait on thre F thread until we get keepers. This thread is very cool anyways! I went to best buy and looked the F8500 but liked the brighter picture on the F7100 . I really think the F7100 delivers the best bang for the buck. I also looked at the F7100's 3 total and did not see any noticable dead pixels so I hope I just got a fluke bad one. My promised "expideted exchange" did not happen as well as not getting a pre inspected TV next round. That was A Samsung rep who requested I have it pre inspected for flashlighting and dead pixels and I had agreed at that time BUT.... in a recent phone call from the exchange Dept I was told they do NOT do that so now I am getting an un-opened New TV within 8-10 days from now. I also was informed I can not accept the next TV unless totally happy and should have not taken the first exchange with known issues like dead pixels. So this is a heads up to anybody that exchanges their TV under the Samsung warranty to make sure they are totally happy or just send it back for another. I was lucky I wrote on my inspection receipt that there were dead pixels or I would be faced with a repair since I did except the exchange according to the exchange person who called me. In the mean time, I'm loving the F7100 but I still do get the browser slow down at times just like the ES series. I wonder if the quad core really did fix that issue. It seems like it is more a problem on the Samsung server since the speed is quite good at times but I'm really not sure. I even did a firmware update on the F series (here we go again) without any negative results. Thats a big PLUS!!!!
post #2527 of 2855 Old 04-22-2013, 12:36 AM

Hi guys we have a 55es7100, just had it calibrated by geek squad. Very diapointed with the picture. Everything looks whashed out and grainy. Do you guys think we have a bad panel?.Have till tommorow to exchange it.Also had a look at the calibrators charts on his laptop. The color temp was good but delta errors were high. Maybe just a bad cal.
post #2528 of 2855 Old 04-22-2013, 03:24 AM

Location: Toronto Ontario Canada/ Port Charlotte Florida Port Charlotte Florida
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmanoob345 View Post

Hi guys we have a 55es7100, just had it calibrated by geek squad. Very diapointed with the picture. Everything looks whashed out and grainy. Do you guys think we have a bad panel?.Have till tommorow to exchange it.Also had a look at the calibrators charts on his laptop. The color temp was good but delta errors were high. Maybe just a bad cal.

When these sets are set up by the geek squad they are usually done to the ISF standard. http://www.imagingscience.com/about.php

Usually that means a picture that is somewhat washed out are far as brightness colours.

Pirates Bay has settings on this site, but I use the ones in post 631
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1414638/official-samsung-unxxes7100-thread/630

Be sure you write down your present settings before starting so that you can go back to them of so desired.
Watch the new settings for a couple of days to get use to them.

I have seen a isf calibrated set in best buy standing next to an non calibrated set .I always preferred the non calibrated because it had more punch and aliveness.

Before you start I would suggest you call geeks squad and see if they went into the service menu to do the calibration, If that is the case you will not be able to bring the set back the manufactures spec. Have them return and put the TV back to spec

Geek squad will always maintain the settings they gave are the best for detail If you are not happy it does you no good.
Also you probably paid money for the service/
I would suggest that you do not go into the service menu it is a dangerous place to be for an untrained individual.
There is some speculation that Samsung may void the warranty if they discover that you were tinkering with the service menu settings.
CNET provides settings for sets and they do not go into the service menu/
You have a sophisticated set there so use the settings provided by others and you will get the desired results.
It is suggested that you do not update to firmware 1029 stay at 1027
You can not reverse a firmware setting/ Read back a couple of posts and there are settings for the 1029 firmware
post #2529 of 2855 Old 04-22-2013, 04:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmanoob345 View Post

Try these settings:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1414638/official-samsung-unxxes7100-thread/1950#post_22943484
post #2530 of 2855 Old 04-22-2013, 05:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T View Post

When these sets are set up by the geek squad they are usually done to the ISF standard. http://www.imagingscience.com/about.php

Before you start I would suggest you call geeks squad and see if they went into the service menu to do the calibration, If that is the case you will not be able to bring the set back the manufactures spec. Have them return and put the TV back to spec

Geek squad will always maintain the settings they gave are the best for detail If you are not happy it does you no good.
Also you probably paid money for the service/
I would suggest that you do not go into the service menu it is a dangerous place to be for an untrained individual.
There is some speculation that Samsung may void the warranty if they discover that you were tinkering with the service menu settings.
CNET provides settings for sets and they do not go into the service menu/
You have a sophisticated set there so use the settings provided by others and you will get the desired results.
It is suggested that you do not update to firmware 1029 stay at 1027
You can not reverse a firmware setting/ Read back a couple of posts and there are settings for the 1029 firmware

+1, Great advice.....
post #2531 of 2855 Old 04-22-2013, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Congradulations.... Lets wait on thre F thread until we get keepers. I also looked at the F7100's 3 total and did not see any noticable dead pixels so I hope I just got a fluke bad one. So this is a heads up to anybody that exchanges their TV under the Samsung warranty to make sure they are totally happy or just send it back for another. I even did a firmware update on the F series (here we go again) without any negative results. Thats a big PLUS!!!!

Yeah, I have the 10-15 days wait on delivery - I think its because I live in South, South Florida ( I believe they are shipping out of Chicago, IL. ).

I saw another F7100 thread but its kind of dead so one of us should definitely start a new one - upon getting that right set.

I also saw an ideal F7100 over the weekend with the TB01 panel. The F7100 looked identical to the F8000 and F7500 with the same source material.

I knew about the exchange reject option- but who can fully inspect their new HDTV in a limited time?

I also saw the firmware update- so Samsung isn't waiting for the ESs to be sold out.
post #2532 of 2855 Old 04-22-2013, 05:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
How much of an improvement is the F7100 over the ES7100? Also what's the TB01 panel in the F7100?
Is that a Samsung made screen?
post #2533 of 2855 Old 04-22-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helvetica bold View Post

How much of an improvement is the F7100 over the ES7100? Also what's the TB01 panel in the F7100?
My F7100 has a TD01 panel. I'm not sure about the panel version if Samsung made or not. Both the ES and the F series can give a great viewing experience when all is well. The new features on the F series seem a bit over kill but I'm sure some will love them. The colors on the F series seem slightly richer and the set's factory cal seems alot better then the ES series had but still the quality issues exist with this series. I do notice slightly better motion with a bit less motion blur but still not perfect. My biggest improvement I noticed was the 3D. It's a brighter screen and has a new feature for brighter 3D in the 3D settings menu. The on-board sound is also improved and has added 3D sound when viewing 3D material which is a big step up since I use the TV's sound in my apartment.
post #2534 of 2855 Old 04-22-2013, 06:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I also saw an ideal F7100 over the weekend with the TB01 panel.
Sorry, that should have been TD01 panel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by helvetica bold View Post

Also what's the TB01 panel in the F7100?

I believe it is as the TS01 and TH01 are also Samsung made panels.
post #2535 of 2855 Old 04-22-2013, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My F7100 has a TD01 panel. My biggest improvement I noticed was the 3D. It's a brighter screen and has a new feature for brighter 3D in the 3D settings menu. The on-board sound is also improved and has added 3D sound when viewing 3D material which is a big step up since I use the TV's sound in my apartment.

That's what I saw TD01- (correction). Glad the 3D has improved that was my issue with the ES7100.

So does the F7100 have the Subwoofer like the F8000? The F8000 also lists the 3D sound.
post #2536 of 2855 Old 04-22-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:

That's what I saw TD01- (correction). Glad the 3D has improved that was my issue with the ES7100.

So does the F7100 have the Subwoofer like the F8000? The F8000 also lists the 3D sound.
N0 sub woofer but slightly better low end response for richer sound when using EQ.
post #2537 of 2855 Old 04-23-2013, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

I talked to ECR today and am waiting for the delivery dept. to set up an appointment for pick-up and exchange.

Fairly routine...I can also call ECR directly if any issues arise, they also informed me of the inspection/ reject new-defective set policy.
post #2538 of 2855 Old 04-23-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:

I talked to ECR today and am waiting for the delivery dept. to set up an appointment for pick-up and exchange.

Fairly routine...I can also call ECR directly if any issues arise, they also informed me of the inspection/ reject new-defective set policy.
Well I got a unexpected call this afternoon and have my new TV arriving This Thursday between 2-6 PM. I'm going to really look it over and sure hope to get a pixel perfect panel without flashlighting. Until then, I'll just hang on to the current one I have since it is still giving me a great viewing experience. I still can't get over the quality of blu-rays on this TV. biggrin.gif
post #2539 of 2855 Old 04-24-2013, 04:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well I got a unexpected call this afternoon and have my new TV arriving This Thursday between 2-6 PM. I'm going to really look it over and sure hope to get a pixel perfect panel without flashlighting. Until then, I'll just hang on to the current one I have since it is still giving me a great viewing experience. I still can't get over the quality of blu-rays on this TV. biggrin.gif

Cool, I'm still waiting for the delivery call. I hope the arrival time is not early morning.

The ES7100 is a great set, but I expect the F7100 to fix most of its issues.

Honestly, I'm in no hurry to get the replacement- as long as its problem-free.
post #2540 of 2855 Old 04-24-2013, 06:21 AM

Quote:

Cool, I'm still waiting for the delivery call. I hope the arrival time is not early morning.

The ES7100 is a great set, but I expect the F7100 to fix most of its issues.

Honestly, I'm in no hurry to get the replacement- as long as its problem-free.

I'm totally confused on your guys posts. Your TV's seem to be fine, and your giving others the impression that you are scamming Samsung for a new TV out of this. Every set has it's defaults, but this just seems way over the top. Mine has some issues, but I'm not running to Samsung for every little flaw. Maybe it's just me, but usually I want the best especially since I paid so much for this TV.

Come join our adult gaming community at www.syndicatedgaming.net

XBL and Steam: diehardcubfn
post #2541 of 2855 Old 04-24-2013, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markc72 View Post

I'm totally confused on your guys posts. Your TV's seem to be fine, and your giving others the impression that you are scamming Samsung for a new TV out of this. Every set has it's defaults, but this just seems way over the top. Mine has some issues, butI'm not running to Samsung for every little flaww. Maybe it's just me, but usually I want the best especially since I paid so much for this TV.

I had 3 defective panels for 3D.....and my current panel's bezel is seperating.

Maybe you should......contact Samsung if the flaws effect your ability to watch TV.

I want an exception HDTV and experience...not headaches.
post #2542 of 2855 Old 04-24-2013, 10:12 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by markc72 View Post

I'm totally confused on your guys posts. Your TV's seem to be fine, and your giving others the impression that you are scamming Samsung for a new TV out of this. Every set has it's defaults, but this just seems way over the top. Mine has some issues, but I'm not running to Samsung for every little flaw. Maybe it's just me, but usually I want the best especially since I paid so much for this TV.

I dont think Pirates or anyone else is giving the impression of scamming Samsung for new TVs. When you pay over $2,000 for a Tv and then you get panels with severe flashlight, banding, or dead pixels, that all qualifies for a replacement or a repair. And when you go thru the repairs and the tv is still defective, Samsung makes the decision for replacements, not the consumer.

If you read some of the posts some pages back, you can see all the frustration we've all been going thru to get a good quality tv from samsung.
post #2543 of 2855 Old 04-24-2013, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by axm438 View Post

I dont think Pirates or anyone else is giving the impression of scamming Samsung for new TVs. When you pay over $2,000 for a Tv and then you get panels with severe flashlight, banding, or dead pixels, that all qualifies for a replacement or a repair. And when you go thru the repairs and the tv is still defective,Samsung makes the decision for replacements, not the consumer.

If you read some of the posts some pages back, you can see all the frustration we've all been going thru to get a good quality tv from samsung.

Thank you...Why would anyone accept a defect on a HDTV that effected one's ability to view the image?
post #2544 of 2855 Old 04-24-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:

Thank you...Why would anyone accept a defect on a HDTV that effected one's ability to view the image?
Well said!!!Nobody is scamming anybody at all. If some had made out with a upgrade, it was due to alot of wasted time and the decision by the manufacture, not a demand from the consumer. Samsung does not do well when trying to put pressure on them.
post #2545 of 2855 Old 04-24-2013, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well said!!!Nobody is scamming anybody at all. If some had made out with a upgrade, it was due to alot of wasted time and the decision by the manufacture, not a demand from the consumer. Samsung does not do well when trying to put pressure on them.

+1, The main reason I explain with detail and opinion the repair/exchange process is to benefit anyone else who might face similar issues.

I have learned sooooo much from AVS, I simply want to share the knowledge.

Check some of the other threads, there are people who have made over 8 exchanges to get the right HDTV.
post #2546 of 2855 Old 04-24-2013, 05:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 47
It's a shame that we pay so much for these sets and we have to settle or fight to get a good one. From what I have seen though, every type of set ( plasma, LCD, dlp, led ) all have some known faults. So I can understand why some will play the panel lottery and others accept the sets for what they are. I personally have negligible clouding and flashlighting, so I'm happy with my set even though it is not perfect. Shame on the manufacturers for selling this stuff, and shame on us for buying. I do wonder if the forums didn't exist if I would have noticed some of these problems.
plasmanoob345 likes this.
post #2547 of 2855 Old 04-25-2013, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaduke View Post

It's a shame that we pay so much for these sets and we have to settle or fight to get a good one. From what I have seen though, every type of set ( plasma, LCD, dlp, led ) all have some known faults. So I can understand why some will play the panel lottery and others accept the sets for what they are. I personally have negligible clouding and flashlighting, so I'm happy with my set even though it is not perfect. Shame on the manufacturers for selling this stuff, and shame on us for buying. I do wonder if the forums didn't exist if I would have noticed some of these problems.

+1, AVS (or any High-End HDTV) Forum will have you TV paranoid..wink.gif

I believe that Samsung could spend more money on materials and inspect HDTVs before leaving the factory.
post #2548 of 2855 Old 04-25-2013, 11:25 AM

I think the point he's trying to make is that every TV will have minor flaws, nothing is perfect. I don't now what everyone's situation is, but if I was exchanging TV's every month, my wife would kill me.

I've only read some of your posts in the past 6 months since I've owned this TV, and it seems like one day you're satisfied with your TV, but the next day you'll find a flaw. If you have the time and energy, you could exchange TV's indefinitely as long as Samsung is willing. PiratesCove, what TV did you originally buy from retail anyway?
post #2549 of 2855 Old 04-25-2013, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickwid View Post

I think the point he's trying to make is that every TV will have minor flaws, nothing is perfect. I don't now what everyone's situation is, but if I was exchanging TV's every month, my wife would kill me.

PiratesCove, what TV did you originally buy from retail anyway?

Complete history: Phillips EDTV 2006, Toshiba HDTV 2008, Samsung A850 2009, Samsung D630 2012, Samsung D6900 2012, Samsung ES7100 2012.

I still have the Phillips (Best Buy). The Toshiba (Brandsmart USA) was destroyed in a shipment, The Samsung developed a vertical line last summer (2012).

I loved the Samsung A850 (Best Buy) and wish I still had it. I never wanted the panel lottery, repairs or exchange.

I returned the D630 (Best Buy) it had an awful picture, The D6900 (Best Buy) had major banding and Samsung had falsely claimed the 3D was HD -Google it.

The ES7100 (directly from Samsung) is my current HDTV (bezel separated) - I had 3 panels with Horizontal lines in 3D.
post #2550 of 2855 Old 04-25-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:

Complete history: Phillips EDTV 2006, Toshiba HDTV 2008, Samsung A850 2009, Samsung D630 2012, Samsung D6900 2012, Samsung ES7100 2012.

I still have the Phillips (Best Buy). The Toshiba (Brandsmart USA) was destroyed in a shipment, The Samsung developed a vertical line last summer (2012).

I loved the Samsung A850 (Best Buy) and wish I still had it. I never wanted the panel lottery, repairs or exchange.

I returned the D630 (Best Buy) it had an awful picture, The D6900 (Best Buy) had major banding and Samsung had falsely claimed the 3D was HD -Google it.

The ES7100 (directly from Samsung) is my current HDTV (bezel separated) - I had 3 panels with Horizontal lines in 3D.

Yeah, really wasn't trying to start a flaming war, but it seems like a lot of work to have to go through all this to get the "perfect picture". I don't know, maybe I was a lucky one with my ES7100, but it looks really good.

Come join our adult gaming community at www.syndicatedgaming.net

XBL and Steam: diehardcubfn
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un46es7100 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un60es7100 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es7100 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page