Official Samsung UNXXES7100 Thread. - Page 94 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2791 of 2855 Old 11-25-2013, 07:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I was looking into buying a sound bar for the TV. I really don't want to spend 300 or above on sound bar since the TV is has a AV receiver attached to it , mainly just want to improve the sound since I don't want to turn on my receiver all the time I watch TV.

For all that have one with the TV do you like it? Do you not?

What hook up works best? Which works "best" with our TV? Should I stick with a Samsung?

I am using the optical already for the home theater. Any advice/experience would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2792 of 2855 Old 11-26-2013, 09:02 PM

duplicated below
post #2793 of 2855 Old 11-26-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlluePill View Post

Samsung posted the firmware on the website (finally)

Upgrade File(USB type) (Firmware) (ver.1037.1)

This firmware is for TV Model(s):EH4500 / EH5300 / ES6100-7150
The version is 1037.1
This firmware update will improve the following:

- Resolves issue Netfilx doesn''t log on

- Support Samsung Link

- Support Verizon Apps

- Support Netflix 3.2 codec

- Resolves picture shaking and line noise on 1080p source.

- Supports Yahoo SyncPlus app..

- Resolves escaping issue while watching movie on VUDU.

- Resolves issue Cinemanow does not play certain title.

- Resolves compatibility issue with DLNA devices.

- Improves picture quality.

- Supports Samsung wireless audio dock (WAD) - * series ES6500 and above only

- Solves the problem closed caption does not show.

It looks like Samsung has 1037.1 which was released today on their website. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN60ES7100FXZA I'm not sure if they were just late in putting it on their site or not. I had 1037 from a couple of weeks/months ago it feels like.

Any of you have wifi issues on your TV? I get constant Smart hub updates, buffering issues on netflix /hulu which is annoying. I have reset smarthub and tv multiple times and it doesnt go away. I know its not my network connection since i get close to 57mbit download on my laptop which is in the same room as the TV. I have tried both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz network on the Tv and its same results.

Also, what is the current "best" calibration settings being used by you all? I have seen a lot of them in the forum but not sure what ppl stick with.

Thanks in advance.
post #2794 of 2855 Old 11-27-2013, 05:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hey madnosf, the past few weeks I had to re-register my tv with Amazon twice.
Called Amazon up both times and they said it was a Samsung software problem,
and Samsung was updating the files.
Only problem I've had so far with this tv since I've owned it, so not really complaining
yet,
smile.gif
joe
post #2795 of 2855 Old 11-27-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNc View Post

Hey madnosf, the past few weeks I had to re-register my tv with Amazon twice.
Called Amazon up both times and they said it was a Samsung software problem,
and Samsung was updating the files.
Only problem I've had so far with this tv since I've owned it, so not really complaining
yet,
smile.gif
joe

Thanks for the info. I guess i should just call Samsung and ask for warranty service. frown.gif
post #2796 of 2855 Old 11-28-2013, 01:04 AM

Liked: 10

Hi guys, my 46"  suddenly shows this "white- ish" lines on my TV. 

i did some research but i'm not sure what seems to be the problem. not sure if it's a blown capacitor, a loose ribbon cable connection, or etc..... so i'm too afraid to open the tv and mess with the internals until i know for sure what is the problem

my tv is also connected to a  power surge protector, but im still not sure whether it is caused by lightning

any ideas or suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

post #2797 of 2855 Old 11-30-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnosf View Post

It looks like Samsung has 1037.1 which was released today on their website. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN60ES7100FXZA I'm not sure if they were just late in putting it on their site or not. I had 1037 from a couple of weeks/months ago it feels like.

Any of you have wifi issues on your TV? I get constant Smart hub updates, buffering issues on netflix /hulu which is annoying. I have reset smarthub and tv multiple times and it doesnt go away. I know its not my network connection since i get close to 57mbit download on my laptop which is in the same room as the TV. I have tried both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz network on the Tv and its same results.

Also, what is the current "best" calibration settings being used by you all? I have seen a lot of them in the forum but not sure what ppl stick with.

Thanks in advance.

An update regarding my buffering issue. I created a ticket with Samsung to look at the wireless card but they asked me to talk to remote management team who remoted into my tv and notice there was slowness. They asked me to reset smarthub and apparently i ahve to wait 20 seconds when it comes up now so that it takes all the updates and does not get stuck in between. That didn't solve anything but after she changed my IP settings and made my DNS server to "manual" to 8.8.8.8 my buffering has dramatically stopped. I can now watch everything on its highest bandwidth settings. Apparently Hulu/netflix work on this DNS server and there are other options out there as well if you google it.

Hope this info helps out for rest of you.
ELMO45 likes this.
post #2798 of 2855 Old 11-30-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intmain View Post

Hi guys, my 46"  suddenly shows this "white- ish" lines on my TV. 

i did some research but i'm not sure what seems to be the problem. not sure if it's a blown capacitor, a loose ribbon cable connection, or etc..... so i'm too afraid to open the tv and mess with the internals until i know for sure what is the problem

my tv is also connected to a  power surge protector, but im still not sure whether it is caused by lightning

any ideas or suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

Try a full power cycle (unplug the tv while it's ON) and plug it in after. Do a picture test (in the menu settings) and see if it continues. Worst case, open a ticket with samsung and have them remote in so they can see it.
post #2799 of 2855 Old 11-30-2013, 03:08 PM

55 es 7100 lot of sounds tick tick crick crick sounds inside from my tv during on and after half an hour after off what can i do
post #2800 of 2855 Old 12-01-2013, 05:32 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by madnosf View Post

An update regarding my buffering issue. I created a ticket with Samsung to look at the wireless card but they asked me to talk to remote management team who remoted into my tv and notice there was slowness. They asked me to reset smarthub and apparently i ahve to wait 20 seconds when it comes up now so that it takes all the updates and does not get stuck in between. That didn't solve anything but after she changed my IP settings and made my DNS server to "manual" to 8.8.8.8 my buffering has dramatically stopped. I can now watch everything on its highest bandwidth settings. Apparently Hulu/netflix work on this DNS server and there are other options out there as well if you google it.

Hope this info helps out for rest of you.

That recipe was actually posted earlier in this thread, but it's a needle in a haystack basically...
post #2801 of 2855 Old 12-04-2013, 08:13 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom89 View Post

I want to get a 5.1 sound bar kit for my tv. The sound bar does not have HDMI input so I will have to use the TV to give me audio output using the optical port. Does the es7100 output audio in the same format it received it in? I don't want to get a sound bar to then have it be receiving an input that is not in surround format.

I believe the optical outputs in 2 channel PCM. But for a sound bar it is already virtually making it surround sound so I don't think you would notice the difference (unless you actually mean a HTIB).
post #2802 of 2855 Old 12-05-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMO45 View Post

I believe the optical outputs in 2 channel PCM. But for a sound bar it is already virtually making it surround sound so I don't think you would notice the difference (unless you actually mean a HTIB).

It's actually a htib but with a soundbar holding the 3 front speakers and then a wireless subwoofer where the 2 satellite speakers connect to. But since it doesn't out in 5.1, I'll skip it
post #2803 of 2855 Old 12-09-2013, 11:36 AM

do any of you know which is the correct TIVO remote control IR code to control the new Samsung 7100 series LED tv's? 

thanks

post #2804 of 2855 Old 12-14-2013, 02:15 PM

Hey guys. I have a UN60ES7100 and I have been rather happy with it for the last couple of months. Only issue I have with it is playback of MKVs. I store my MKVs on a WD my cloud drive. I access them through the TV by this network drive. When I load up any of the files they will play. Problem is that if I try to pause, fast forward or rewind any of them it will say this feature is "Not Available". Thus making the file only play from start to finish. All other types of video files I have tried do not have this problem. Any suggestions? I just check my firmware version and it says Im running 001029.   

post #2805 of 2855 Old 12-14-2013, 07:44 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingTerror View Post

Hey guys. I have a UN60ES7100 and I have been rather happy with it for the last couple of months. Only issue I have with it is playback of MKVs. I store my MKVs on a WD my cloud drive. I access them through the TV by this network drive. When I load up any of the files they will play. Problem is that if I try to pause, fast forward or rewind any of them it will say this feature is "Not Available". Thus making the file only play from start to finish. All other types of video files I have tried do not have this problem. Any suggestions? I just check my firmware version and it says Im running 001029.   

I am thinking the issue is with how the MKV file is transcoded. Did a quick google search and doing the following helped with a user having the exact same issue with a Samsung BluRay Player (so same fix should work with the TV): The .MKV needs to be muxed with the option --clusters-in-meta-seek in mkvmerge.

Source: http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3267
post #2806 of 2855 Old 12-15-2013, 04:29 PM

Location: Toronto Ontario Canada/ Port Charlotte Florida Port Charlotte Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinibp View Post

do any of you know which is the correct TIVO remote control IR code to control the new Samsung 7100 series LED tv's? 

thanks
Search for code search tivo.com/support.

The code that works my 7100 is 0035
post #2807 of 2855 Old 12-16-2013, 01:55 PM

Issue resolved with ES7150 current firmware not playing Netflix videos.
Netflix stopped working 2 months ago, I could logon, could add and remove My Videos but when trying to play one Netflix gave me a message about trying back later.
My notebook worked fine. My TV was connected VIA Ethernet, Notebook wirelessly.
My old router could not play vids from Netflix either. I replaced that router with a new Asus AC68u. Still same problem.
Finally called Netflix and they told me to do the left arrow right arrow thing while in neflix to disable account on TV along with a number of other checks. Now When I launched Netflix and entered my user info it couldn't even find the server to log me on again.
Netlfix insisted it wasn't their problem. I am an IT person and since Crackle started to act Goofy, I tended to agree with them. I was also getting slow downloads at times with my notebook. I'm on fibre @ 15mb down.
Started looking into ASUS configuration. After trial and error,I found this in the new routers wan configuration
Special Requirement from ISP: All fields were blank,
VPN Server
Enable VPN + DHCP Connection Yes No
The default it came with was yes.
CHANGED IT to No.
Everything started to work fine.

Also: The tech told me Netflix is in a lawsuit against I believe it was Comcast because they are throttling Netflix downloads.
For those of you changing DNSing . All that does is allow you to find the servers, it has nothing to do with download speeds etc. I did try 8.8.8.8 and .4 with no success.
OpenDNS.org is a good Free one to try if you want to experiment.
Good Luck,
PM me any questions, but I'm not on here all the time.
post #2808 of 2855 Old 12-19-2013, 08:56 AM

Anyone know how to correct an issue I'm having with my 7100 TV (60in if that makes a difference). When there is very light colors with any sort of motion I can see gritty pixels. Is there a setting I can change?

Note: I have turned off all the "Samsung" correction picture settings.

Appreciate any insight you may have.
post #2809 of 2855 Old 12-19-2013, 07:43 PM

I purchased & started using a UN65F7100AFXZA about 5 weeks ago, I currently only use over the air (OTA) signals, the problem I am having is that when i use the "guide" button on the remote I get a very nice TV guide but it takes 6-7 seconds to load, if I page down it takes another 6-7 seconds to load. During this delay the "live TV" window in the upper left corner of the guide goes blank and is replaced with a rotating (loading) icon. This is very annoying when you are watching a show and want to check whats on next.
After I finish loading all pages of the guide I can scroll thru the entire guide with no more delays, OK now that the guide is loaded, I shouldn't have to deal with this again...
Wrong, after watching tv for a while (more than 5 minutes, less than 30 minutes) and returning to the guide only to find that the entire nights guide has to be re-loaded again, more delays...
Tonight I updated the firmware hoping that this issue has been address, but no change.
My old CRT TVs that use various brands of DTV converter box's also have to load the guide, they also require as long as 35 seconds to complete this task but they only do it one time, ounce the guide is loaded it is good for the remaining time that the device is powered on.

Does anyone have any ideas of a setting that might help with this issue?
post #2810 of 2855 Old 01-09-2014, 06:14 AM

I do not use the guide on Samsung for OTA.

I use Tivo which works well you can buy a refurb unit for $49.00 and up and the monthly subscription rate is about 14.00.from them online. Contact them by phone and see what the options are. I have been more than happy with mine. If you decide to change to cable they come with the provision for a cable card

It is a dvr with a very good built in guide. This could be an option for you.

I believe that the guides with the program information that are posted with OTA signal originate within the signal of that particular tv station.

On the TiVo guide that is supported by the Hearst Co tv guide and if you contact TiVo they will amend the program listings for stations in your area than may contain erroneous information. Their interactive program guide is excellent and updated every two weeks in advance.

One other option is to contact Samsung advance customers service and they may have a solution for you.
post #2811 of 2855 Old 01-14-2014, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrios35 View Post

I was looking into buying a sound bar for the TV. I really don't want to spend 300 or above on sound bar since the TV is has a AV receiver attached to it , mainly just want to improve the sound since I don't want to turn on my receiver all the time I watch TV.

For all that have one with the TV do you like it? Do you not?

What hook up works best? Which works "best" with our TV? Should I stick with a Samsung?

I am using the optical already for the home theater. Any advice/experience would be appreciated.

Since I'm currently trying to be frugal with my purchases, I didn't want to invest in a HT system yet. I saw a great deal on Black Friday for the Samsung F450 wireless sound bar and I've been very happy with it. It connected easily and sounds amazing for my listening environment and the price (it was $170 but with with some coupons/reward points I got it down to $120). The only issue is that the subwoofer is a little small for my family room and can only fill 1/4 to 1/3rd of the room. Since I was wireless I strategically placed near where most people would be sitting.

The manual also listed the sound distortion at 10% THD @ 1 kHz....so....FYI. Still, cant ask for too much for only $170. My buddie also has the higher end F550 with a much more powerful subwoofer, so I would also consider that.

post #2812 of 2855 Old 01-14-2014, 09:49 AM

Hello All

I recently purchased a new 65" Samsung 65" UN65F7100AF and have a few questions

How can I improve the picture on non HD channels?

Is there a way to turn off the guide/menu on initial start up and go straight to the channel?

I run all my inputs through my Pioneer SC-75 receiver and feeds everything to HDMI 1 on the TV.  When I switch between Sat to BD,  the TV powers off then comes back on.  A new message pops us starting the TV lost power and I need to use the remote to press ok.  Its an issues since I use a logitech ultimate harmony universal remote and need to cycle through all the menus to turn off the power message

post #2813 of 2855 Old 01-16-2014, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingTerror View Post

I use an app called MediaHouse with my android phone/tablet to send the movie to my TV, from there I can use the In app controls to seek. For some reason this works then the video won't seek with the remote a MKV or other .
post #2814 of 2855 Old 01-20-2014, 08:55 PM

Hi guys. I just acquired a used UN55ES7100FXZA. My boss gave it to me because it power cycles frequently and is just out of warranty. I am hoping to diagnose the problem and fix it as inexpensively as possible. I have noticed that for about 15 seconds before it power cycles it becomes partially unresponsive. The remote and the buttons on the TV will not work and any onscreen animated menu will freeze. What is interesting is that the red indicator light on the TV for the remote still works. I feel like this could be software related and not hardware. Does anyone have an opinion on what the problem could be? I hear this TV might have better capacitors than some of the older models. I took a look at the capacitors and non of them look bulged.

Thank you for your time!

post #2815 of 2855 Old 01-21-2014, 04:39 AM

1. Update the internet menu screen on the TV quite often it updates itself when you go into that screen.
2. Update the firmware on the TV when you go into that box it will tell you if you have the current version.You will find that under menu

If you read back a few posts you can see what the current firmware is and what problems it is suppose to resolve.

3, Call Samsung and speak to advance customer service they may call you back within a couple of hours. They can go in remotely and check the tv for software and firmware issues.

One other thing Google the problem this had been a known issue with the TV and it is usually a software/.firmware issue, also make certain that you have good batteries in the remote.

I hope this helps some of these steps may resolve your problem.
post #2816 of 2855 Old 01-21-2014, 07:05 PM

Anyone else having issues with SmartHub today? I am constantly getting network issue errors. I tried Reset the Tv and SmartHub and same results.
post #2817 of 2855 Old 01-21-2014, 07:11 PM

Yes mine will not connect to the internet either a spinning wheel or freeze
post #2818 of 2855 Old 01-22-2014, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
yep, same here, rebooted router,reset wireless connections
nothing worked, came back 5-6 hours later and it's working normal
They must of had an update or glitch....
thanks for posting about it....at least I know it wasn't just my 7100
post #2819 of 2855 Old 01-22-2014, 03:45 PM

Looks like mine is fine now. It started working late last night. I did have to do resets multiple times though.

Must be something wrong with their service. I still can't get the "search" to work via Smart Hub. it gets stuck on the "downloading data" piece. Anyone else have this issue?
post #2820 of 2855 Old 01-22-2014, 03:56 PM

i went to pauls and pulled the trigger on the 65inch 7100, i got it for 2500 out the door with 5 year warranty. i was debating an open box from paulstv.com but the warranty was 500 instead of 400, and had to pay tax cause im from MI, i told that deal to the sales rep, he ended up waving my 140dollars in tax, and the warranty offered there was only 300, so basically it cost me 100more to just buy it brand new in store so i did it. we spent a ton of time going back and forth between tvs and settings, mainly with the 8000 and sharp70inch 857, had teh sharp and 7100 been the same price i probably woulda went with the sharp because its bigger and picture was about the same, if not more solid. but i played with the settings on the 7100, the tv just didnt have that 3d/depth look to it, i tried to adjust film mode and it is OFF for all settings and not even adjustable. so instead i went to auto motion and put it on custom, i put judder and blur both at 10 and then turned on LED motion ON also, some of u may not like that, but it honestly made the picture MUCH more 3D and had depth and much clear, it made the picture almost equal to the 8000 that was right around the corner, we had the star trek blu ray on, which i adjust those settings it made a world of a difference. im pretty sure the picture was almost the same as the 8000, without it the 8000 was clearly superior.

TV; samsung 65F7100
AVR: Sony 7.2 1040
Blu Ray: Oppo 103D
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un46es7100 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un60es7100 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es7100 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page