No talk on the LG 6400? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 45 Old 12-10-2012, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
well, i must have bought a dud. my set has terrible judder. i was waiting to see if any updates to clear this up but i think i reached the end of my rope. it truly is the worst tv i have ever watched. i own a LG 5600 and the picture is awesome. absolutely no judder. I don't know what LG changed but they definitely screwed the pooch on this model.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 Old 12-19-2012, 01:14 PM

I just wanted to add my 2 cents supporting what an awesome TV this is. I had a hard time finding information on it over the summer. I bought the 47" at Costco for $850; Costco doubles the manufacturers warranty and then I bought the SquareTrade warranty for another $50...making my coverage a great value with 5 years of warranty on it. Currently I use the media link app (connected to my computer) as a Netflix replacement. After spending a week with a sub-par $300 LG speaker bar, I added a Bose Cinemate system and a LG blu-ray player to flesh things out. Another interesting "bonus" is that the movie theater 3D glasses work with this TV if you think the LG brand ones are a little flimsy. We had a few pairs on hand that our young daughter had to take home when she saw Cars and after digging them out they proved to work perfectly. Personally, I hate the magic remote. I thought it was cool at first (we are active Wii users) but over time I have come to dislike it. The remote chews through batteries and LG was kind enough to provide an Android app so now I can control the TV through my phone and tablet. The app is an excellent alternative for the remote and there is nothing you can't do with the app that you can do with the remote aside from pointing your remote at the cursor. The app gets around this by providing a virtual touch pad on your screen and you can drag your finger to make the cursor glide around the tv screen clicking to make your selection.

Buy this TV with a clear conscience and a less heavily-padded wallet if you are reading this review. Unless you have a unit with a malfunction, you should enjoy this one.
post #33 of 45 Old 12-19-2012, 04:53 PM

I'm looking at this set as well. I was pretty much sold on it until I noticed it is 120hz and wondered if that's much of an issue anymore (or maybe it never was?) anyway, I read one article saying that for 3D content 240hz is preferable, any comments?
I current have the Vizio M3D550KD which is 240hz. I really have enjoyed it thus far, but like the feature set that the LG has to offer but may consider upgrading to the LM8600 that has 240hz ...

again, any comments to help advise whether 240hz is worth the extra money?

My TV! and I love it! the Vizio M3D550KD 

And yes the 3D rocks using passive glasses.

apparently a newer version of it is out though, still looks like a good value.

post #34 of 45 Old 12-30-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfatmama View Post

I'm looking at this set as well. I was pretty much sold on it until I noticed it is 120hz and wondered if that's much of an issue anymore (or maybe it never was?) anyway, I read one article saying that for 3D content 240hz is preferable, any comments?
I current have the Vizio M3D550KD which is 240hz. I really have enjoyed it thus far, but like the feature set that the LG has to offer but may consider upgrading to the LM8600 that has 240hz ...
again, any comments to help advise whether 240hz is worth the extra money?

3D content looks fine on this TV at 120hz. Also, 120hz does indeed work as I was able to enable/disable LG trumotion.
post #35 of 45 Old 12-30-2012, 04:49 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshe View Post

3D content looks fine on this TV at 120hz. Also, 120hz does indeed work as I was able to enable/disable LG trumotion.

I recently purchased the LM5850 from Costco. Although the box clearly states that it has 120 Hz Trumotion it is in fact only 60 Hz. The 3D with a good reference disc looks amazing however.
post #36 of 45 Old 01-03-2013, 08:10 PM

Hi, i join you to tell you That i have this lm6400 tv. I AM wondering How calibrate it (sound and Colors) to get an optimal result to use it in good efficience. Thank you!
By the way, i was affraid too about the 120hz. The 3D effects are good, exept when its fast moves, its blur a little. I think its normal ?
I have another problem, its the app tou.tv ( french Canadian streaming) i cannot see any movie. I CAN watch youtube, but nothing on tou.tv.maybe i Will change for another model,i dont Know What is the issue.
post #37 of 45 Old 01-06-2013, 10:28 PM

I bought this tv less than 2 weeks ago. Now when I turn on the tv it remains on for a minute then turns off and turns on again.
Anyone having same issues with this tv?
Thanks
55LM6400
post #38 of 45 Old 01-25-2013, 08:53 AM

I've had the 47LM6400 for a few weeks and since the beginning I noticed that when showing a black screen (e.g. credits or menus) one of the top/corner has some lighter areas. If I press the screen/frame a bit in that area, the screen turns darker. It's like there's some slight deformation of the screen/frame that causes regional backlight bleeding. Anyone else seeing that? I would obviously like the screen to be uniformly black... Is that fixable or a return? I got it at Costco.
post #39 of 45 Old 01-25-2013, 09:48 AM

I am having the same issue as belzebutt, however my 47lm6400 is right out of the box; I just got it last night....

I have an area approximately two inches in from the top left corner where there is a 3-4" long by 1" wide area where the black is not black rather its dark gray. Is this what they call "light bleeding"? Is this common, does anyone else have this with their TV???? There is also another area on the right side of the screen but its not as apparent.

I know I didn't mishandle it bc my relative "dinged" their samsung TV during unpacking and I was very weary not to touch the screen.

Thanks Pat
post #40 of 45 Old 02-05-2013, 08:07 AM

I have the 42lm6400 for less than a week, and with EXACTLY the same issue you mentioned...it seems like if you were talking about my TV!!
I was thinking about trying to contact my seller about this, but it seems that it´s not so rare...I'm also interested about if this deserves a replacement or if we must learn to live with that. (it´s not a big issue after all, but...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeuphill View Post

I am having the same issue as belzebutt, however my 47lm6400 is right out of the box; I just got it last night....

I have an area approximately two inches in from the top left corner where there is a 3-4" long by 1" wide area where the black is not black rather its dark gray. Is this what they call "light bleeding"? Is this common, does anyone else have this with their TV???? There is also another area on the right side of the screen but its not as apparent.

I know I didn't mishandle it bc my relative "dinged" their samsung TV during unpacking and I was very weary not to touch the screen.

Thanks Pat
post #41 of 45 Old 02-16-2013, 06:15 AM

I just returned one to Sam's Club yesterday b/c of the light bleed in the upper left and right corners and got another, same 47LM6400 model. The one I picked up was a little better, but it's still there a little.

But the input lag on this new one is absolutely horrible. I have external speakers and the sound comes out of them almost 3/4 of a second before the video/tv audio matches up. I didn't notice that on the first one.... Messed around with all of the settings, disabling various features, no way to get it to match up. Does anyone else have that problem with this set?

I don't know, maybe third time is a charm? I love all the features of this TV, I just want it to work. I just don't want to be flagged in their system as someone who keeps taking TV's back over and over.
post #42 of 45 Old 04-02-2013, 04:54 PM

I have the 55lm6400. Sam's club. I like it so far. The screen is reflective. My old vizio has a matte screen. I am running them side by side right now. I used the calibration that cnet did on the 6700. It looks pretty good
post #43 of 45 Old 04-20-2013, 10:10 AM

Liked: 12
I just picked up this TV at Sam's last weekend, and what a hell of a deal I got! I wanted a 3D TV, and I had already decided that I wanted passive, so I have been researching passive sets, and had decided on LG.So after searching online, I found the TV I wanted at Sams. I went there with the intentions of buying the LG4600 that they were advertising for $698. While I was there, they were taking their 6400 display model off the shelf, and sticking an $800 price tag on it. It never even made it to the clearance rack, I made them put it straight on my cart LOL...

I must say, I'm quite impressed with this TV. After using the settings I found on CNet, the image quality is so much better than the Toshiba that I replaced that I have actually began to question if the Toshiba was actually a real 1080p set, despite all the paperwork stating that it was. The color, black levels, and image clarity are outstanding on the LG. I've read a few posts here about light leakage, but I must say that's a non-existent issue with the one I bought. Perhaps they've improved?

My one gripe with this TV is that when the kids hook a computer to it to play games, there is noticeable lag, even when using the HDMI port that's labeled "PC". Does anybody have any suggestions on how to possibly improve this? I mean we're talking fractions of a second, but it's enough to frustrate the kids.
post #44 of 45 Old 05-14-2013, 07:10 PM

Hello all. Just found this forum, and I am a first-time poster. I just purchased the 55LM6400 from Sam's Club this past weekend for just under $1,000 (plus tax). Really like this TV so far. A couple things I've noticed so far...which I'm hoping someone can address:
  1. I seem to be experiencing the same "flashlighting" effect that others have been reporting on this website and other websites as well. I *guess* this is just normal operation? Do I really need to be concerned about this? Like others, I really only notice the "flashlighting" when I have black bars at the top/bottom of my screen.
  2. I have DirecTV, a BluRay player, and an Xbox 360. I also have a Sony 5.1 A/V receiver that is a few years old (no HDMI inputs/outputs). For kicks last night, I decided to try this setup...where I have HDMI cables running from each of my devices to the TV...and then I would just run a single optical audio line from the optical audio out of the TV to the optical audio "in" on the back of my Sony A/V receiver. In theory, I was hoping that my A/V receiver would decode the audio signal to 5.1 channel surround sound. However, I was only getting two-channel sound...no matter what options I was changing on the TV. Has anyone else gotten this to work with their setup? Or, do I just need to continue using my current setup...which is optical audio/coax cables from the devices directly to the A/V receiver?

Thanks for the help!!!
post #45 of 45 Old 03-08-2014, 11:19 AM

I own a LG 47LM6400

The tv was super cool with 3d, smart tv, etc...  but I am just over the warranty and the TV is not working properly anymore and LG don't want to do anything.....

So just think twice before buy an LG product... because 900$ / year for a TV is a little bit expensive!!!

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Electronics 55ga6400 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Lg Electronics 47ga6400 47 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv With Google Tv And Four Pairs Of 3d Glasses , Lg Electronics 50ga6400 50 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv With Google Tv And Four Pairs Of 3d Glasses , Lg 55 Inch 3d Google Tv Dual Core Edge Led 55ga6400
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page