Official LG 42LS5700/47LS5700/55LS5700/60LS5700 Owners Thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 221 Old 10-01-2012, 05:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by drenched View Post

So far I like them. Skin tones are better overall compared to my Sharp but I can't compare real live TV broadcasting until Wednesday when I get the Hopper. All my tweaking has been done on BluRay only.log

I made all my adjustments with Blu-Ray and just got the Hopper. So far I love it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 221 Old 10-01-2012, 10:10 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Just pulled the trigger on the 42LS5700! Very nice price at Amazon.
post #93 of 221 Old 10-01-2012, 02:12 PM

Liked: 10
So far I'm really happy with the purchase. Enjoyed some programming off directv last night I'm really happy with the picture quality. Going to try some Xbox today and see how that goes.
post #94 of 221 Old 10-02-2012, 07:47 PM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I still really like the TV, but for the first time I noticed some visual issues. They appear in the form of noticable horizontal lines that run through objects, mostly in the background. I've never seen this problem on the Samsung that I've owned for a while, nor have I ever seen it happen on my bedroom Panasonic plasma.

The first time I really saw it was during the Giants/Eagles NFL game (although I think it happened before), and I've also noticed it often during commercials. A few nights ago It happened frequently when I watched the pilot of "Last Resort" on-demand, and that's when I started to become more concerned. I've watched many on-demand shows and it's never happened during them before.

I'm not sure if this is due to Comcast's signal; I hope it is. I did watch an episode of "Lost" on Netflix and tried to pay keen attention, and I didn't notice the problem. Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

LG just sent me the option in the mail to buy the extended 3 year warranty for $170, and now I'm wondering whether I should take it just to be safe.
post #95 of 221 Old 10-02-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezy2012 View Post

I still really like the TV, but for the first time I noticed some visual issues. They appear in the form of noticable horizontal lines that run through objects, mostly in the background. I've never seen this problem on the Samsung that I've owned for a while, nor have I ever seen it happen on my bedroom Panasonic plasma.
The first time I really saw it was during the Giants/Eagles NFL game (although I think it happened before), and I've also noticed it often during commercials. A few nights ago It happened frequently when I watched the pilot of "Last Resort" on-demand, and that's when I started to become more concerned. I've watched many on-demand shows and it's never happened during them before.
I'm not sure if this is due to Comcast's signal; I hope it is. I did watch an episode of "Lost" on Netflix and tried to pay keen attention, and I didn't notice the problem. Has anyone else noticed anything like this?
LG just sent me the option in the mail to buy the extended 3 year warranty for $170, and now I'm wondering whether I should take it just to be safe.

Which model and where did you buy it? Exyend to 5 years for $99 at costco if it's the 60". Less for smaller
post #96 of 221 Old 10-02-2012, 10:09 PM

It's the 55ls5700, and I bought it from a local store.

I've had it for about 3-4 months, and I assume this thing has a 1 year warranty for defects. But I don't want it to crap out on me shortly after that.
post #97 of 221 Old 10-03-2012, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezy2012 View Post

I don't notice any issues yet. Can you see it when you pause the tv? If so take a pic for us.
post #98 of 221 Old 10-03-2012, 04:29 AM

Love to hear what everyone is using in the truemotion setting. I decided to play with this setting to see if I can get this SOE everyone complains about. I am now watching regular TV with de-judder 3 and de-blur 9 and can't see any negative effects yet. I will play with it during football on Sunday and see what happens. From what I can see it has more effect during blu-ray 1080p/24p viewing than anything else.

I also dropped my brightness down two clicks to 55. This setting is giving me the most trouble because straight viewing I can get it perfect but I have seating just to the left and right and the brightness goes off fairly quick when sitting in those seats so I am trying to find a good in between.
post #99 of 221 Old 10-04-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezzmin View Post

I don't notice any issues yet. Can you see it when you pause the tv? If so take a pic for us.

I tried to take a video or picture of the issue last night but it never happened.

At this time I'm going to assume that it was a signal issue, or simply an issue with how the TV processed the signal instead of a screen defect, but I'll keep my cell phone handy at all times. If the issue reappears I'll post a photo of it.
post #100 of 221 Old 10-07-2012, 06:59 PM

OK, I have had the 60LS5750 (Costco) for a few days now and here are some toughts. Those that own the 60" model please add to this list. Not other sizes though. Too many differances.

Pros:
Good-Great picture
Very low reflection
Love the magic remote
good "smart" for a TV
Good amount of adjustments you can make
ok speaker for just normal TV

Cons
Some very small delay, even in game mode, with the Wii. Enough to annoy.
Use of audio direct from DVD or Dish reciever does not quite sync with TV sound. Meaning the lips are a hair off. The surround sound system is actually ahead of the TV. If I run sound thru TV (digital audio out) to surround system then it is in sync.

I think both cons may be related. Like the TV takes a fraction of a second processing the signal before display. The lag on the Wii reation is about the same as the sound delay when not run thru the TV.

Additions? Thoughts?
post #101 of 221 Old 10-08-2012, 12:40 PM

I had the sound synching issue with my Panasonic home theater system. I have them connected through the optical out.

It would happen if I turned off the TV and left the surround sytem on. Now I always go in this order:

Turn on TV
Turn on surround system

Turn off surround system
Turn off TV

I haven't had the syncing issue since. I don't know if your problem is as simple as mine, but it worked for me.
post #102 of 221 Old 10-08-2012, 08:07 PM

I have everything run through my receiver and then one HDMI run to the TV. This way I set the receiver A/V Sync to 110 ms and all is good for me.
post #103 of 221 Old 10-08-2012, 08:11 PM

Finally found a review for this set but I do find it funny the 60" isn't mentioned. Also on LG's website the 60" won't come up in firmware download "search" section.

Here is the review..

http://www.televisioninfo.com/content/LG-42LS5700-HDTV-Review.htm
post #104 of 221 Old 10-09-2012, 01:14 AM

Tezz, I just bought the 60LS5750 from Costco today and I have been on it for the last 6 hours just playing with it. I just want to thank you for sharing your caliberations on here, my wife and I just love it after we used your first calibration post. I would shake your hand if you lived in Phoenix cuzz the picture looks phenomenal. I am going to keep checking on here to see if I can learn anything else about my TV.

We spend about one hour in Costco debating between 60LS5750 and Sharp LC-60C6400U. ultimately we chose the LG because my wife liked the trim around the LG so I am hoping we made the right decision, I am eager to read more what people have to say about these two tv's.
post #105 of 221 Old 10-09-2012, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach o View Post

Tezz, I just bought the 60LS5750 from Costco today and I have been on it for the last 6 hours just playing with it. I just want to thank you for sharing your caliberations on here, my wife and I just love it after we used your first calibration post. I would shake your hand if you lived in Phoenix cuzz the picture looks phenomenal. I am going to keep checking on here to see if I can learn anything else about my TV.
We spend about one hour in Costco debating between 60LS5750 and Sharp LC-60C6400U. ultimately we chose the LG because my wife liked the trim around the LG so I am hoping we made the right decision, I am eager to read more what people have to say about these two tv's.

Awesome. Keep an eye on here. I have been tweaking original settings and my new settings have better red tone variations. I'll try to finish up soon so you can decide. I have many, many hours into it but don't want to stop until I am happy.
post #106 of 221 Old 10-10-2012, 05:20 AM

EDIT* Funny the more I play with this the closer to stock settings it gets! I had to really adjust the reds in my earlier settings so red didn't clip to early but in doing so I noticed pinks had a bright red tone that I started to notice. So after tons of trial and error and research I finally figured out that turning down the contrast solved the red clipping. In doing so I felt the screen dimmed a bit more than I like so I adjusted the backlight up to compromise. I am still playing with this and might drop it a bit (especially at night). As you see in my settings colors didn't need adjusting much according to my calibrating discs. Out of the box this thing really is nice after you turn off all the enhancements. Let me know which settings you all like if you get a chance to try them. So far I really prefer these.

LG 60LS5700 (LG LS5750)

Firmware Ver.04.02.85

Picture Mode: Expert1
Backlight: 90
Contrast: 78
Brightness: 51
H Sharpness: 18
V Sharpness: 18
Color: 50
Tint: 0
Expert Control:
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Super Resolution: Off
Color Gamut: BT709
Edge Enhancer: Off
Color Filter: Off
Expert Pattern: Off (grayed out)
Gamma: 2.2
White Balance:
Color Temperature: Medium
Method: 2 Points
Pattern: Outer
Red: 0
Green: 0
Blue: 0

Color Management:
Red: Saturation 0 Tint: 0 Luminance: 0
Green: Saturation 0 Tint: 0 Luminance 3
Blue: Saturation: 1 Tint: 0 Luminance: 0
Cyan: Saturation: 3 Tint: 0 Luminance:0
Magenta: Saturation: -1 Tint: 0 Luminance: 0
Yellow: Saturation: 0 Tint: 0 Luminance: 0

Picture Option:
Noise reduction: Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Black level: Low
Real Cinema: ON( Blu-Ray) and Off (Regular TV viewing)
Eye Care: Off (grayed out)
TrueMotion: User
De-Judder: 0 (Blu-Ray) and 3 (Regular TV viewing)
De-Blur: 9
Aspect Ratio: Just Scan
post #107 of 221 Old 10-10-2012, 10:44 AM

I'm going to try your settings when I have time. I've left all of the smoothing software off since getting a a pretty shocking soap-opera effect after one of the system updates.

I love the picture, but I'm still a bit unsatisfied with the motion at times. I do believe the camera used in any particular shot has something to do with it.

I was watching "Cowboys and Aliens" on demand yesteday, and the first shot is a slow pan across a desert landscape. It was so juddery that it almost hurt my eyes. But I noticed no such problems anywhere else in the movie despite a ton of fast motion (I fell asleep about 3/4 of the way through).

I have to assume the camera used to film that first shot must have been part of the issue.
post #108 of 221 Old 10-16-2012, 11:31 AM

I am sure some of you 60" owners have seen the new Vizio at Costco for $978. Here is my take...
OK, real short on time but I bought this to compare with the LG 60LS5750 ($1,299 from Costco).
Real quick out of the box . no adjustments..

Whites way whiter on the LG. Make Vizio's white look a little yellowed(not sure on adjustments to fix this)
LG better internet as you can get on the internet. Vizio only apps but a good set of them. Not as good of interface, although qwerty keyboard on back of remote good for typing. I love the magic remote but typing...ugh
LG has a more matte screen for better glare reduction although Vizio has matte screen too and does pretty good.

Vizio appears to have better picture and may be part of less matte screen.
Vizio has less lag playing Wii games. Better response.
Vizio is almost $400 less when compared to LG with tax diff. and $40 less for 5 year square trade.

My opinion? Same price I would go LG...but $400 less?? Probably Vizio.
post #109 of 221 Old 10-16-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredo View Post

I am sure some of you 60" owners have seen the new Vizio at Costco for $978. Here is my take...
OK, real short on time but I bought this to compare with the LG 60LS5750 ($1,299 from Costco).
Real quick out of the box . no adjustments..
Whites way whiter on the LG. Make Vizio's white look a little yellowed(not sure on adjustments to fix this)
LG better internet as you can get on the internet. Vizio only apps but a good set of them. Not as good of interface, although qwerty keyboard on back of remote good for typing. I love the magic remote but typing...ugh
LG has a more matte screen for better glare reduction although Vizio has matte screen too and does pretty good.
Vizio appears to have better picture and may be part of less matte screen.
Vizio has less lag playing Wii games. Better response.
Vizio is almost $400 less when compared to LG with tax diff. and $40 less for 5 year square trade.
My opinion? Same price I would go LG...but $400 less?? Probably Vizio.

When I used Tezz's setting the white levels are pretty close. I guess to calm down the bright colors for a more realistic color the white level is less.
post #110 of 221 Old 10-16-2012, 07:28 PM

I was just going to ask what TV modes you used Shredo? I haven't been to Costco since I bought mine so haven't seen the Vizio but thanks for the info. I think it's funny you bought a TV just to compare lol.. You are worse than me. I returned three TV's before keeping my LG.

Okay believe it or not I adjusted the TV one last time! So far I can honestly say I am happiest with my new settings. The picture pops just a bit better. This is the best I can do with the discs I have. I was able to get a higher contrast and lower brightness and lower backlight which seems to help the black levels all without clipping reds using wide color gamut instead of BT709. These new settings work the same in Cinema, Expert1, Expert 2 and look good in standard too..

Picture Mode: Expert2
Backlight: 55
Contrast: 93
Brightness: 51
H Sharpness: 15
V Sharpness: 15
Color: 50
Tint: 0
Expert Control:
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Super Resolution: Off
Color Gamut: Wide
Edge Enhancer: Off
Color Filter: Off
Expert Pattern: Off (grayed out)
Gamma: 2.2
White Balance:
Color Temperature: Medium
Method: 2 Points
Pattern: Outer
Red: 0
Green: 0
Blue: 0

Color Management:
Red: Saturation 1 Tint: 0 Luminance: 2
Green: Saturation 2 Tint: 0 Luminance 1
Blue: Saturation: 1 Tint: 0 Luminance: 3
Cyan: Saturation: 0 Tint: 1 Luminance: 0
Magenta: Saturation: 0 Tint: 0 Luminance: 1
Yellow: Saturation: 3 Tint: 0 Luminance: 0

Picture Option:
Noise reduction: Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Black level: Low
Real Cinema: ON( Blu-Ray) and Off (Regular TV viewing)
Eye Care: Off (grayed out)
TrueMotion: User
De-Judder: 0 (Blu-Ray) and 3 (Regular TV viewing)
De-Blur: 9
Aspect Ratio: Just Scan
post #111 of 221 Old 10-16-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:

I was just going to ask what TV modes you used Shredo? I haven't been to Costco since I bought mine so haven't seen the Vizio but thanks for the info. I think it's funny you bought a TV just to compare lol.. You are worse than me. I returned three TV's before keeping my LG.

Not really what I was doing. I sort of mis-spoke in my post. I live a long ways from Costco and was in the area so I looked at the Vizio. Compared the picture there and thought it was better. I was not happy with the LG due to non playability of the Wii due to the lag. I tried to fix it and could not. With a $400 diff in final price I made up my mind then. I made the decision to bring it back really but the Costco guy said, as we can see in the post on the Vizio, that these were flying off the shelf. He said he would buy it now and bring the other back when I was going to be in the area. I just compared them before I boxed up the LG that I was not keeping really. For those shopping in the future.

I think the LG is a good deal for a good TV. I think the Vizio is a great deal and a slightly better picture. After comparing adjusted pictures I think the white is not an issue unless you like real bright colors too(ie standard mode not adjusted on LG). The internet dif? I just bought a cable off amazon for less then $8 to connect my laptop to the TV so why suffer typing with the magic remote. LG has slightly better glare reduction but I have not noticed any glare that bothers me on the Vizio. So my plusses for the LG were pretty minor and the Vizio does better with my gaming system and slightly better picture to my eye.. and the $400 less is big for me. Fairly easy choice for me, but I tend to overthink these things anyway....
post #112 of 221 Old 10-17-2012, 05:02 AM

I will have to hook my Wii and PS3 up to my LG and see for myself. Not an easy task though since I have everything neatly hooked up and mounted on the wall. I would assume some adjustments (truemotion, game mode etc..) to the LG and it would solve any lag issues but sounds like the Vizio is a good buy.
post #113 of 221 Old 10-17-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:

I will have to hook my Wii and PS3 up to my LG and see for myself. Not an easy task though since I have everything neatly hooked up and mounted on the wall. I would assume some adjustments (truemotion, game mode etc..) to the LG and it would solve any lag issues but sounds like the Vizio is a good buy.

I tried turning off truemotion and Game mode was on. I tried turning stuff off in diff sequeces even. Always there for me.
post #114 of 221 Old 10-17-2012, 07:59 PM

Guys, I'm currently choosing between LG LS570T (which is practically the same as LS57000 I believe) and Samsung es5500. Which one would you recommend for watching HD movies and SD digital signal (sports included). I'd like to hear your first hand experience on how this LG handles motion? Is it good for watching sports (fast moving)? I read that es5500 is pretty bad at that so if LS57000 is sharper in handling motion I think I'll go with LS570T. Oh and one more thing... is the screen very glossy?
post #115 of 221 Old 10-17-2012, 08:38 PM

hmmm... or maybe those two models are not the same... now I noticed that LG LS570T has a 200(240)Hz MCI and LG LS5700 100(120)Hz TruMotion mad.gif Or is TruMotion part of the MCI (what I doubt)? Anybody knows the difference?
post #116 of 221 Old 10-17-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejslam View Post

Guys, I'm currently choosing between LG LS570T (which is practically the same as LS57000 I believe) and Samsung es5500. Which one would you recommend for watching HD movies and SD digital signal (sports included). I'd like to hear your first hand experience on how this LG handles motion? Is it good for watching sports (fast moving)? I read that es5500 is pretty bad at that so if LS57000 is sharper in handling motion I think I'll go with LS570T. Oh and one more thing... is the screen very glossy?

The LG 60LS5750(Costco and Sam's) has a very matte screen. Very anti reflective. The most I have seen. More then the matte Sharps. That by no means says that the LS570T will have a matte screen. Most LG's do not.

I would bet these are fairly different models. As for True Motion? I turned it off. I hated it. Football looked totally normal without.

All this said, as you can read, I went with a 60" Vizio for $978(Costco). Not the best smart interface but a really good picture.
post #117 of 221 Old 10-18-2012, 06:08 AM

I think I've solved the mystery of MCI vs. TruMotion and please, correct me if I'm wrong. For the same models in 2012, in USA for instance, a TV is marked with 120Hz TruMotion and in Europe (depends on country) it is 200Hz MCI which would mean that, yes, 42ls570s, 42ls570t and 42ls5700 are exactly the same. Slight differences are in the firmware. That's why some of you don't have de-blur option enabled.
post #118 of 221 Old 10-19-2012, 09:58 PM

Hi all. I purchased an LG 47LS5700 last night and am generally happy with the panel so far. I did an initial calibration and things look good (though I do miss the black levels from my now-defunct plasma) but there are 2 issues I am having and was wondering if anyone else is having these problems:

1. When switching from 30fps to 24fps but still on the same input, there is a 3-5 second lag before the audio begins. The device connected is a mac mini and the audio/video is coming in HDMI.

2. The sound from the speakers (regardless of input) sounds like it is coming from a circa-1960's transistor radio. This panel is replacing a 3 year old Panasonic TH-42PZ80U plasma which sounded immensely better so I was wondering if it is just a bad set or this is the way things are with this panel?

If the speakers are an issue, has anyone tried the LG soundbars? I was looking at the LG 3520A which is ~215 on amazon.
post #119 of 221 Old 10-20-2012, 05:35 AM

I do not use my TV speakers but the short time I did I had no complaints and actually liked the extra eq settings available. I never expect much from these flat panels so I run everything through my AVR. You can find some great deals on newegg.com for polk audio speakers if you have a receiver to power them..
post #120 of 221 Old 10-25-2012, 04:25 AM

Anybody knows how to check total usage hours on this TV? Is it necessary to access service menu? How to do that?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg 42ls5700 42 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Tv , Lg 47ls5700 47 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Tv , Lg 55ls5700 55 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Tv , Lg 60ls5700 60 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Tv , Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread