D7000 series issues? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 06-11-2012, 06:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, I'm reaching out to this forum for some feedback from other D7000 series owners because I have what appears to be several issues with the set and have a service call scheduled for this friday. I will say that this tv even with all of its defects still looks better than most other sets I have looked at and I'm just wanting to correct any issues while the set is under warranty or at least document them in case any class action suit arises as did on my last tv (Sony Green Blob). 1st, bad flashlighting in the lower left corner along with minor flashlighting around the other corners. 2nd, clouding all over but only in rare occaisions during what I would say is a solid grey scene. 3rd, some pretty obvious banding especialy with off center viewing along with a very washed out picture just off center. 4th, Way too much Yellow, this issue was only present after the mainboard was replaced after a bad firmware flash because apparently the firmware cant revert back to a previous version, it can only be updated. 5th, is an issue that I never noticed before the mainboard but maybe I'm just looking for stuff to go wrong at this point, there seems to be more lag in the processing of an image where I can see alot of blocking and or stuttering especialy during slow motion or panning. I have my auto motion set to clear which seems to be the best for motion/clarity anything above that and you get tat dreaded soap opera effect, the only way I can get rid of the yellow push is to select standard mode and play around with the rgb settings andbring the color setting down but that makes the rest of the image look like crap so I try to find a happy medium which doesn't make me "HAPPY". Anyway, anyone who has had any dealings with Samsung and could help me to provide the service tech with some input woud be appreciated. I know some of you have had panels replaced, sets replaced, and/or upgraded, so its good to know they acknowledge problems and are trying to resolve them. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-22-2012, 04:21 AM - Thread Starter

No one seems to be following this thread but I figured I would update it anyway. Since my last post, I have had another mainboard replaced, the tcon board replaced, the bluetooth sensor replaced and the entire panel assembly replaced with no improvements. The clouding actually got worse so I have a "factory fresh" UN60ES7100 coming out to me on Tuesday.
post #3 of 9 Old 07-22-2012, 12:22 PM

I'm debating whether to get one of these or the new 7100's.

Did you get a new T.V. because the D7000 was under warranty?

I can get a 46 inch for about $1,250 online, but it feels risky. Once you receive the T.V. from the deliveryman, any problems that arise are between you and the manufacturer.

Was Samsung really generous with their replacement T.V.?
post #4 of 9 Old 07-23-2012, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, the D7000 is only 8mo old and under warranty. I cant comment on the 7100 series yet because it is not due to arrive until tomorrow between 12:00 & 2:00. Although I am somewhat displeased with the situation I've been placed into I also give Samsung credit for standing behind their product. That being said, we'll see tomorrow how it plays out. If the replacement tv (ES7100) performs as well as my new D7000 did when we purchased it I'll be pleased. If not, I will probably stir up another round of calls to Samsungs "office of the president" to see if there is another solution. I am somewhat skeptical about the new tv only because it seems to be a downgrade due to it lacking some sound and video features that the D7000 had. The 7500 seems closer in the specs department but because it has the new interaction features that I could care less about, it was not a replacement option plus Samsung said it was not available at this time due to back order. I even tried upgrading to the 8000 series and paying the difference but they said no. I believe they make a good product but I'm not sure if my next set will be Samsung. I jumped the Sony ship to buy this one because at the time of purchase I was approved for a Sears Card and (Sears) did not offer the Sony in 60in, only the 55in model. As far as your purchase goes, look at Comp USA and HH Gregg because they almost always offer some kind of bundle where you can get a tv at a sale price plus get a tablet, dvd player, 3d glasses, etc... Costc also has some added goodies with their sets like the UN60ES7150 priced at $2,495 and comes with wireless bluetooth keyboard and galaxy tablet plust every tv at Costco comes with an extra year warranty for free. I dont know about you, but I like free stuff? Good Luck!
post #5 of 9 Old 07-24-2012, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

I recieved the new tv today and it seems to be alot like last years model but it is lacking in overall pq. I find that the D7000 outperforms the newer ES7100 in image clarity and screen uniformity(flashlighting much worse). I will post back after giving the tv some time to settle in and fine tune the picture settings.
post #6 of 9 Old 07-24-2012, 09:54 PM

That's surprisingly disappointing. I think in the past 24 hours I was veering towards just purchasing the new ES7100's, but the responses I've been getting are that the D7000's are a little bit better, and the ES7100's are in no way a huge jump in picture quality or features.

I think it's best to just order a "factory re-inspected" D7000 from a discount online retailer. They have a yearlong manufacturer warranty (correct?) and Samsung seems somewhat generous with shipping out ES7100's as replacements.

So save myself $150, and if there's anything wrong with the set within a year, I just get a new one from Samsung. Not a bad outcome either way.

You do get a year-long warranty with the D7000's correct?
post #7 of 9 Old 07-25-2012, 04:46 AM - Thread Starter

I'm sorry to say that if you buy a factory "re-inspected" set you only get a 90 day warranty. I would buy localy because if you have any trouble with the set or if you just dont like it you can just return it. On another note, I played with my settings and find that the 7100 has a pretty good picture afterall. After turning the backlight down the other settings were more responsive and the flashlighting is alot less noticable. Let me know what you decide on, I believe either set would be a good choice because I probably only notice a difference after having the D7000 in the house for 8 months and had a reference point, plus I was looking for things to nit pick with the replacement tv. After just a day with the 7100 I'm liking it because of the slimmer bezel, the smart hub is way better, and the 3d seems finer tuned.
post #8 of 9 Old 07-27-2012, 02:35 AM

Yeah, I called to confirm what type of warranty they had for their factory re-inspected D7000 and they told me it was 3 months parts and labor, and 12 months parts. I wondered what I would do with LED-LCD replacement parts if something went wrong with the T.V.

I think I'm just going to order a new ES7100 through Amazon. Along with a stand that allows you to mount it on the frame.

I could wait until December sometime and it'll probably be around $1,200, but I think I'm tired of waiting and looking forward to getting a new T.V. to enjoy in August.
post #9 of 9 Old 07-27-2012, 05:04 AM - Thread Starter

I think you'll be happy with it. Please post back after your purchase and let us know how you like it.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page