Sharp LE845u - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 06-12-2012, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Picked this up at Bestbuy. As usual, not so good without customizing.

Hours and hours wasted until I discovered, from forums, that GAME MODE solved our stuttering video issues from streaming PC.

Odd that Game Mode disables film mode and motionplus when the User customization doesn't work when turning off these features. I suspect Game Mode does it right.

Any one else see this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-12-2012, 11:42 AM

Liked: 11
It's the same with the couple Samsungs I've owned: You have to enable Game Mode to truly disable Auto Motion Plus (aka frame interpolation). As a side effect, you can't watch anything on coaxial without AMP, because you can't enable Game Mode on coax on my Samsung TVs.
post #3 of 12 Old 06-15-2012, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehakas View Post

It's the same with the couple Samsungs I've owned: You have to enable Game Mode to truly disable Auto Motion Plus (aka frame interpolation). As a side effect, you can't watch anything on coaxial without AMP, because you can't enable Game Mode on coax on my Samsung TVs.

At least something is consistent! Thanks for the info.
post #4 of 12 Old 06-15-2012, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Game mode is only for dealing with video lag while playing games it is not meant for watching plain old tv. On the Quattron Sharps one will turn off film mode and use 240Hz or 120hz high or low for the best motion performance. On my 835 240Hz mode results in a dim picture so I end up running on 120Hz high but like I said film mode shoud be turned off.
post #5 of 12 Old 06-15-2012, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imws View Post

Game mode is only for dealing with video lag while playing games it is not meant for watching plain old tv. On the Quattron Sharps one will turn off film mode and use 240Hz or 120hz high or low for the best motion performance. On my 835 240Hz mode results in a dim picture so I end up running on 120Hz high but like I said film mode shoud be turned off.

Right. But I don't want my HD streaming videos to get screwed with / enhanced coming from the PC. What I've noticed is that simply disabling film mode and turning off motion enhancement do not fully disable enhancements. I used a USER preset, film mode OFF, motion enhancement OFF (no 120/240), and streamed videos were stuttering. Once in Game Mode - I got the video as-is, no gimmicks.
post #6 of 12 Old 06-15-2012, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

kehakas point is that Game Mode fully disables the enhancements.
post #7 of 12 Old 06-15-2012, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Curious - do you get any uneven edge-lighting / spots on a black screen on the 835u?
post #8 of 12 Old 06-15-2012, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankyoualot View Post

Right. But I don't want my HD streaming videos to get screwed with / enhanced coming from the PC. What I've noticed is that simply disabling film mode and turning off motion enhancement do not fully disable enhancements. I used a USER preset, film mode OFF, motion enhancement OFF (no 120/240), and streamed videos were stuttering. Once in Game Mode - I got the video as-is, no gimmicks.

Hmmm that's interesting that the stuttering is eliminated by using game mode which is 60Hz with no motion enhancements, do you notice LCD blurring more in Game mode? While I haven't used a pc with my Sharp I have used a number of streaming devices and have not had an acute stuttering problem like you are describing. If it works for you by all means biggrin.gif
post #9 of 12 Old 06-15-2012, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankyoualot View Post

Curious - do you get any uneven edge-lighting / spots on a black screen on the 835u?

Yes I have and it seems worse in the winter time than in summer, perhaps the humidity levels. In any case this is a common issue with most of the Sharps except the Elites. It doesn't bother me much because I have 40", on a larger panel it may be more of a bother. It is an eyesore at the end of the day.
post #10 of 12 Old 06-15-2012, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Hmmm that's interesting that the stuttering is eliminated by using game mode which is 60Hz with no motion enhancements, do you notice LCD blurring more in Game mode? While I haven't used a pc with my Sharp I have used a number of streaming devices and have not had an acute stuttering problem like you are describing. If it works for you by all means biggrin.gif

Yeah, I do get the blurred motion..but being the freak movie watcher I am, I prefer the camera motion blur for action..

Great that your devices work right. I'm not sure why it stuttered from the PC (via HDMI). Could it be a mismatched refresh rate??

Thanks..
post #11 of 12 Old 06-15-2012, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Yes I have and it seems worse in the winter time than in summer, perhaps the humidity levels. In any case this is a common issue with most of the Sharps except the Elites. It doesn't bother me much because I have 40", on a larger panel it may be more of a bother. It is an eyesore at the end of the day.

That's cool. I just figure it's why the mammoth 60" comes in at $2000 and not $5000. This doesn't seem to show up during video playback..right?
post #12 of 12 Old 06-15-2012, 05:07 PM
AVS Special Member

In truth it is there during playback but it is hard to see most of the time, on scoped transfers it can be more noticeable.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page