Can't decide between three displays - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-15-2012, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So the other day I was at my Costco and picked up a Samsung UN55ES7150. I can't find this model anywhere online but I assume it's the UN55ES7100 but with a keyboard. When I saw it, I fell in love with it, it's beautiful. So why do I want to get rid of it? Well for starters it cost me $2100 after $750 off. When I went into the store I didn't expect to spend that much money but I couldn't get over the picture.

Now I have a terrible case of buyers remorse. I spent all that money and have all these features I don't want or need such as 3D and Smart TV capability. This is for my bedroom and I feel it's a waste.

So I was in the store again and saw these two sets but I wanted to get input on it before I do something I might regret.

1.) Samsung UN60EH6000 ("Rear-Lit LED" - At least thats what the label says under it) $1,549.99
(Downside is only 2 HDMI ports)

2.) Sharp LC-60LE640U (Edge Lit) $1,389.99

First off, I thought that rear-lit LED was "cheaper" or not as good as edge lit but I keep finding mixed information on the forums so I almost automatically ruled out the 60" Samsung.

I do have the option to keep the Samsung I currently own but saving $500-700 is very tempting. I see it as money I can set aside to buy a new TV in the future if I wanted to and have a slightly bigger picture.

Has anyone have experience with any of these?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-15-2012, 07:35 AM

Liked: 14
if u don't desire 3D, the EH6000 line is your best option. The cheaper-made backlit scheme seems to be working for viewers.. very few problems reported here as compared to the edge-lit counterparts.

If you can take a slight hit on contrast.. the LG LM6700, 7600, and even 8600 often go on sale for around $1300 for the 55" models.. just another option to consider..
auero likes this.

Insert pithy comment here
post #3 of 4 Old 06-15-2012, 10:36 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
1.) Samsung UN60EH6000 ("Rear-Lit LED" - At least thats what the label says under it) $1,549.99
(Downside is only 2 HDMI ports)

it really depends on what you need, and what you currently have imo.

if you read more about the back lit LED's its showing that its a cost effective solution to some challenges brought about by edge-lit LEDs.

http://reviews.cnet.com/2795-6482_7-399.html

in my case, i only needed two hdmi ports anyways, 1 for my cable box, 1 for my AVR. i DID have 4 hdmi ports in my previous set, but never got to use all of them.

im very happy with my set, and i guess with luck havent had any challenges with it, aside from a grey 'shadowline' i saw on the left side of the screen, which went away after a couple of hours of use.
post #4 of 4 Old 06-17-2012, 02:47 PM

Liked: 11
I tried 4 different models of tv this month. The first one was an LG47lm7600, I saw some vertical banding and some slight light bleeding. And it look small so I wanted to upgrade to a 55 inch. I was going to return it but a friend of mine bought it as it was a very good deal. I didn't tell her the problems it had as I don't think she will even notice it. My second one was a 55es6550, although it looked great I noticed some slight dark bars going horizontally in the middle of the screen. So I started looking for something else, and saw the 55eh6070 from bestbuy that is basically the eh6000 with 3d. It looked like a good deal, but when I brought it home I discovered the stand didn't swivel and the wife wanted that feature so we can watch it from the side from the kitchen when needed. Didn't even have a chance to check out the PQ, but it felt like the TV was cheaply made. So now that I've tried the mid level and low level LED TV's I wanted to see what the next level will bring. So I got the 55eh7150 from Costco, and it looks like this is a keeper. The Picture just pops, don't get me wrong the 6550 is good but once I saw the 7150 I don't think I can go back. I also don't need the 3d and smart apps if possible to save money, but you won't get this PQ without paying for those features.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Series 55 Inch Led Hdtv Eh6000 , Samsung Un46eh6000 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es7100 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv Black , Samsung Un55eh6000 Led Hdtv , Sharp Lc70le640u 70 Inch Led Tv , Lg Cinema Screen 47lm7600 47 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page