Does Samsung UN60EH6000FXZA have local dimming? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-15-2012, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just curious, I don't know if all full-array LED sets have local dimming. If not, I was wondering if anyone here knows if this model does.

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-15-2012, 09:23 AM

Liked: 10
From what I have read, it does not.

Samsung 46A750, Panasonic BD35, Dish 722
post #3 of 5 Old 06-15-2012, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 268
Sharp does have some full array sets and at least one Local Dimming full array. Samsung made a full array Local Dimming in 2009, the B8500. After that they only made Edge Lits. Surprisingly this year there are some full array Samsungs, none of them has Local Dimming.
post #4 of 5 Old 06-15-2012, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by moveright View Post

Just curious, I don't know if all full-array LED sets have local dimming. If not, I was wondering if anyone here knows if this model does.
thanks!

no, but is does have the annoying auto-dimming backlight that kicks in whenever the screen goes black/blank

"Beyond those light blacks, the UNEH6000 has another issue. Its backlight also had an annoying tendency to flash on and off when displaying a black screen, an issue that was distracting to say the least when it happened in the middle of watching a movie. I saw such flashes at 12:10 in "I Am Legend" when Robert closes up his house, for example, and I'm sure they'll also appear in other midmovie fades to black."

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/samsung-un60eh6000/4505-6482_7-35159625-2.html?tag=rvwBody;paginate
post #5 of 5 Old 06-16-2012, 12:19 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

no, but is does have the annoying auto-dimming backlight that kicks in whenever the screen goes black/blank
"Beyond those light blacks, the UNEH6000 has another issue. Its backlight also had an annoying tendency to flash on and off when displaying a black screen, an issue that was distracting to say the least when it happened in the middle of watching a movie. I saw such flashes at 12:10 in "I Am Legend" when Robert closes up his house, for example, and I'm sure they'll also appear in other midmovie fades to black."
http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/samsung-un60eh6000/4505-6482_7-35159625-2.html?tag=rvwBody;paginate

was curious about this, and tried it when i just got home (im exhausted and hate accompanying wife shopping after work frown.gif )...

anyways, i tried it out and as mentioned in the review, it does happen.

he closes the windows, closes shop and on the last one, it appears the set turns off. i wish my set had the deep blacks to get that close, but unfortunately, as much as ive calibrated mine, its there. its noticeable when transcending from a complete black scene to a lit one.

does it bother me? i dunno, i cant say, im biased right now being tired, and well, im not certain it would bother MY personal experience in the movie.

like some experiences, id definitely trade it for a better picture. there are things i can accept, some things i cannot. for the meantime, my experiences with are good.

for those who recently purchased this tv, ive posted my settings awhile back...

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1395734/official-samsung-unxxeh6000-owners-thread/300#post_22119825

as a disclaimer, these are my settings and advise you to copy your settings prior to changing it if you choose to.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page