Westinghouse ew46t4lz - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-15-2012, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought one of these today for $599. It's 1.5 inches deep and has a very thin bezal around the outside. Very sharp looking. I have not set it up yet so I can't speak to the picture. Kinda why I posted. I was hoping someone else had used one already and could comment on picture quality especially for sports. Im building a bar right now and won't have it set up for about a month.

I planned on buying the samsung plasma (43 inch) from best buy for $429. But when I went in the display was on a snowy picture and before I could get help I noticed the 39 inch westinghouse ew39t4lz. Exactly designed like the 46 just smaller. Well when I saw that I had to find out of they had a 42 inch and turned out they had the 46 inch. Well it looked great on the showroom floor (but what does that mean).

Any thoughts let me know. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-19-2012, 11:58 AM

I purchased this at Best Buy last week. I was expecting to pay $599 which it is listed for online. The price at the store was $499. I am happy with the picture except for one thing. light bleeds into the upper left and right corners when the screen is black. Typically this is only noticed when I am watching a letterboxed movie. I have contacted Westinghouse. They have instructed me to call a special customer service number. Otherwise the picture is great. When watching regular HD TV the picture takes up the entire screen, so I do not notice the light bleeding. Maybe this is a common problem with all LED edge lit TVs.

Also, Best Buy lists this TV as 120 hz. I am not certain that it is. The Westinghouse website does not include this spec. The 39" version is only 60hz. The reason why I suspect the 46" is only 60 hz is because when I change the channel, the tv displays the type of signal and the hz in the upper right corner. The only hz number I have seen displayed is 60. Still I have watched some sports and the picture is good enough.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-28-2012, 03:52 PM

Would you recommend this television for gaming?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page