Picture Quality - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 06-16-2012, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have written this on another thread but did not get any responses, so sorry in advance if You read it. I initially bought the UN55ES7500FXZA and the picture was amazing, it was so clear that in 2D the picture almost looked like I was on 3D. Well, during my 30 day period Best Buy had the UN60ES7500FXZA on sale for a little extra so opted to have them swap them out. I am happy with the 60 inch set, but the picture is not as clear as the 55 inch set was. The 55 inch was so clear that You could make out the pores in the actors skin. I dont know if I am being to picky but the 60 inch in comparison looks a little muted. I am thinking of having this set replaced with another 60 inch set and was curious if anyone else has had the problem. My time is running out in a couple of days so any input soon would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-16-2012, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 24
No offense but the 30 day return policy is not intended to act as a demo period!
You are thinking about a third tv? Really? What about trying to configure the one you have correctly!
post #3 of 6 Old 06-16-2012, 05:56 PM

Maybe should of kept the tv with the great picture...haha...Seems like you cannot make a decision or have buyers remorse on everything, which is not a problem we can fix. Good luck though.
post #4 of 6 Old 06-16-2012, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, I probably should have gotten the 60 inch to start with, that would be the remorse. But now, I have a picture that is not nearly as good as the other one. I should have said that I have spent the last couple of weeks trying to set the picture up, I have used all the settings I could find on the other forums where the reviewers set up the TV to the best settings along with the ones listed by other buyers on this site and of course ones on my own. I am curious as to what the 30 day period is for if not to insure You are happy with Your purchase? If You can help Me get the picture out of this set like the one on the 55 inch set then I will be very happy and nothing else needs to be done. If either of You bought this set and were not happy with the picture would You keep it after trying everything You could think of? if You read my post, I would exchange with the exact same model number set, I would think that I should be able to obtain the same picture regardless of size. I think buyers remorse would be if I said I should have bought the sharp or panasonic,. Anyway, I hope I cleared things up a bit and dont want to get into anything with anyone on this forum, I just want to have the great picture that this expensive set is capable of .
post #5 of 6 Old 06-17-2012, 11:37 AM

Sorry to hear about your 60in! We just bought a 55in in the same model and CANNOT get the settings right! Do you happen to still have the settings you used for the 55in?
post #6 of 6 Old 06-17-2012, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

the 55 was great right out of the box, kind of sorry I upgraded. I did a search for HDTV calibration and LCD calibration to find the settings that I used on the 60. Good luck, it is frustrating when You know you can have a great picture.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page