Picked this up over the weekend at my initial impressions are:
- Gorgeous color. This is consistent with many of the online reviews I've read. I've only been using the standard modes at the moment, and a couple aren't bad. I did Tweak standard a little and it looks pretty good. The two THX modes are actually pretty good as well as long as the room is dark. I watched Raiders of the Lost Ark (Blue-Ray stream) and was pretty impressed. Watching Blue-Ray Skyfall right now and am even more impressed. This is the thing that really got me in the store, and it's even better at home.
- Screen does have some reflectivity. More than I was expecting durring the day. Not horrible, but not as nice as, say, the Panasonic ST60 that I also considered.
- Black levels seem really good when I'm not staring at an all-black screen and looking for issues. I don't see much in the way of flash-lighting and the black bars in 16:9 mode are not distracting. If I set the screen to all black, I don;t get plasma black, but it's not terrible. In movies, so far blacks are BLACK. I was impressed by a scene in Skyfall where M is standing in a dark-ish room wearing a black suit and I could make out every button distinctly (and it's hard to stare at Judy Dench for that long without feeling a little creepy, so give me some credit...).
- Great motion - I'm NOT anything like an expert, but I don't see the anomalies some others do with LED. Everything seems smooth/fluid to me. Again, it's not Plasma, but I'm not seeing any issues.
- Have not tested 3-D yet...
- Game mode is pretty much mandatory. I ran F1 2010 (racing sim) on my PS3 through standard mode, and it felt like there were molasses in the racing wheel I was using. Not "unplayable" but not entirely pleasant either. When I switched to game mode it felt normal to me, but the larger screen and increased detail kind of freaked me out at little. I need to test a few more games over the next couple of days to see how I really feel about it (GT5, Air Combat, Ratchet and Clank).
So far, so good. I still have a lot of testing to do over the next few days. Again, I realize that this is a dead thread, but with the deals out there on these sets, I still feel it's worth it to provide some feedback. I got a lot from this forum and feel like I should at least attempt to give something back, even if it is feeble and misinformed