Official LGxxLM9600 owners thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 381 Old 10-28-2012, 07:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Guys!!

Again need help. I have my LG 55LM9600 TV and RX V 673 AV receiver connected through HDMI. no sound out put coming to my speakers. I have switched on ARC on TV and a single HDMI is connected to TV and Receiver. In TV i switched on external speakers. Nothing working.

What setting i am missing here. Please advise.

Regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 381 Old 10-29-2012, 05:47 PM

Hi,

Can any one of LM9600 owner share the screen of the TV when switched on. I am confused how to check light bleeding and clouding. Some times looks good, some times bad.

Regards
post #183 of 381 Old 10-30-2012, 02:45 PM

You need to provide some more info, like what is connected to what like is there a cable box connected to the TV then to the receiver, or does it go to the receiver and then the TV, are you trying to use the TV speakers out home theater speakers?
post #184 of 381 Old 10-30-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernus1948 View Post

You need to provide some more info, like what is connected to what like is there a cable box connected to the TV then to the receiver, or does it go to the receiver and then the TV, are you trying to use the TV speakers out home theater speakers?

Hi

I used one HDMI cable from ARC slot from TV to ARC slot to receiver. No other connections like set top box or BD player or anything. Just a receiver and TV are connected. Anyways now, optical doing the magic and getting output. However still HDMI doesnt work. wondering why.
post #185 of 381 Old 10-30-2012, 11:28 PM

Hi,

Now when starting exploring more and more, coming up with surprises.

1. Does any one have new calibration settings? as of now I am using this ink http://flatpanelshd.com/review.php?subaction=showfull&id=1338560188 as stated earlier. Looks great. Not sure if this is the best/ But I do not know how to get to below options

RGB Method 2 point
R high 0
G high -8
B high 9
R low -1
G low -3
B low 3

2. THIS is more concerning. I was streaming some movies through internet page (Not App) after couple of minutes its stopped and giving an ERROR saying memory Error. - Any solutions for this issue?

3. What is 24fps issue? how do I check now my TV is correct. I have latest software updated.

4. Please any one post the screen shot just before anything start, i can see some white patches on my screen. Want to compare.

5. Can we switch OFF the "Soap Opera" affect?

Regards
post #186 of 381 Old 10-31-2012, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica17 View Post

Hi,
Now when starting exploring more and more, coming up with surprises.
1. Does any one have new calibration settings? as of now I am using this ink http://flatpanelshd.com/review.php?subaction=showfull&id=1338560188 as stated earlier. Looks great. Not sure if this is the best/ But I do not know how to get to below options
RGB Method 2 point
R high 0
G high -8
B high 9
R low -1
G low -3
B low 3
2. THIS is more concerning. I was streaming some movies through internet page (Not App) after couple of minutes its stopped and giving an ERROR saying memory Error. - Any solutions for this issue?
3. What is 24fps issue? how do I check now my TV is correct. I have latest software updated.
4. Please any one post the screen shot just before anything start, i can see some white patches on my screen. Want to compare.
5. Can we switch OFF the "Soap Opera" affect?
Regards

Those are the best settings to use unless you get it professionally calibrated, as for those particular settings I believe they are in the color management menu, you have to put it on high then set the red green blue, then switch it to low and then set those values.

2. I've never read anything about this problem sorry

3. I've never experienced the 24fps issue but I always updated the firmware which apparently fixed the issue so I wouldn't worry about it.

4.I can try to post a picture in a few days unless someone beats me to it.

5. You can turn off the soap opera effect by turning off trumotion.
post #187 of 381 Old 10-31-2012, 06:55 AM

Quote:

Those are the best settings to use unless you get it professionally calibrated, as for those particular settings I believe they are in the color management menu, you have to put it on high then set the red green blue, then switch it to low and then set those values.
2. I've never read anything about this problem sorry
3. I've never experienced the 24fps issue but I always updated the firmware which apparently fixed the issue so I wouldn't worry about it.
4.I can try to post a picture in a few days unless someone beats me to it.
5. You can turn off the soap opera effect by turning off trumotion.

Thank you so much for your inputs, here are some more details on my concerns,

When i go to Color management i can see only 4 options, color, saturation, Tint, Luminance NO HIGH or LOW I can set

In white balance I set Method which i set to 2 Points and there is pattern which i set to outer and points HIGH. Then RGB 0,-8,9. Is this correct?

Regarding Memory Error, I see there are similar posts in 8600 and 7600 models. Please let me know if anyone of 9600 owners having same problem.
post #188 of 381 Old 10-31-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:

When i go to Color management i can see only 4 options, color, saturation, Tint, Luminance NO HIGH or LOW I can set
In white balance I set Method which i set to 2 Points and there is pattern which i set to outer and points HIGH. Then RGB 0,-8,9. Is this correct?

Yes then change it to LOW then set those RGB values
post #189 of 381 Old 10-31-2012, 10:59 AM

Liked: 20
Quote:

Regarding Memory Error, I see there are similar posts in 8600 and 7600 models. Please let me know if anyone of 9600 owners having same problem.

LG has specifically addressed viewing streaming video from websites. They said the browser was not meant to be able to do it and that youtube should be viewed through the App. I have not had the memory issue while using the youtube app. I do not use it that much though.
post #190 of 381 Old 10-31-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxorox87 View Post

LG has specifically addressed viewing streaming video from websites. They said the browser was not meant to be able to do it and that youtube should be viewed through the App. I have not had the memory issue while using the youtube app. I do not use it that much though.

Hmmm!! There are lot of sites from where i stream movies that does not allowing me to do. Now i have to connect one more HDMI from Laptop to TV. I ordered PS3, lets see if this works fine. Thats not so big issue i agree.

That's fine, now i am more worried about the black levels. Room is dark and when I see screen just before starting anything it looks white shade. is this normal?
Any video to play and see how they look?
post #191 of 381 Old 11-01-2012, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I've had issues streaming Netflix and YouTube. Also have got the out of memory msg when browsing websites. Seems to be a bit improved with the newer firmware. I could not watch an hour Netflix show without the TV rebooting. SJ
post #192 of 381 Old 11-01-2012, 03:54 PM

New firmware update version 04.20.18. Anyone know what the new update consist of
post #193 of 381 Old 11-01-2012, 07:23 PM

Hi All,

Please look at my TV screen. All 4 corners i can clearly see white patches. And also if I look close there is a white dot middle left side, one more dot on middle top.
I am planning to return this TV and get new one.
My question is other than dots the screen looks OK usual for LED TVs or its completely out of its acceptable criteria. please suggest.

Regards
post #194 of 381 Old 11-02-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:

Hi All,
Please look at my TV screen. All 4 corners i can clearly see white patches. And also if I look close there is a white dot middle left side, one more dot on middle top.
I am planning to return this TV and get new one.
My question is other than dots the screen looks OK usual for LED TVs or its completely out of its acceptable criteria. please suggest.
Regards

If you can, return the TV for another. That is a lot of white area. I have some when I first start the TV, but not that bad. The dots alone would make me return for a replacement. Your next TV could be much better and I doubt it would be worse. smile.gif
post #195 of 381 Old 11-02-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJHT View Post

I've had issues streaming Netflix and YouTube. Also have got the out of memory msg when browsing websites. Seems to be a bit improved with the newer firmware. I could not watch an hour Netflix show without the TV rebooting. SJ

I have never had a problem streaming Netflix even before the firmware updates. I watch lengthy movies as well as TV shows through my wireless network and never have had it stop and reboot or anything. You sure your network connection is fine or not overloaded? Maybe you got a faulty network card in your TV? Have it checked out since it's under warranty.
post #196 of 381 Old 11-03-2012, 08:58 PM

Hi,

I have connected the new PS3 to TV. Once I change the navigation setting for High Definition (on screen menus) there are green lines randomly popping up, blinking which is anointing.
Will this is a issue to check with PS3 or TV??
Do anyone connected new super slim PS3 to 9600 TV and checked?.

Regards
post #197 of 381 Old 11-04-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:

Hi,
I have connected the new PS3 to TV. Once I change the navigation setting for High Definition (on screen menus) there are green lines randomly popping up, blinking which is anointing.
Will this is a issue to check with PS3 or TV??
Do anyone connected new super slim PS3 to 9600 TV and checked?.
Regards

Try using a different HDMI cable, see if that makes a difference
post #198 of 381 Old 11-05-2012, 11:44 AM

Calibration update for me, the guy came out to calibrate my TV, turns out I actually knew the guy, so he started doing the calibrations and ran the initial testing (I had already used the calibration settings from flatpanelshd) he said my levels and everything were almost exactly where they were supposed to be, he even showed me on his laptop, so he told me because he knew me he would just tell them that I cancelled the appointment, pretend he was never there and to go get my money back, so there you have it just use the calibration settings from flatpanelshd and you should be good to go!
post #199 of 381 Old 11-05-2012, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:

Calibration update for me, the guy came out to calibrate my TV, turns out I actually knew the guy, so he started doing the calibrations and ran the initial testing (I had already used the calibration settings from flatpanelshd) he said my levels and everything were almost exactly where they were supposed to be, he even showed me on his laptop, so he told me because he knew me he would just tell them that I cancelled the appointment, pretend he was never there and to go get my money back, so there you have it just use the calibration settings from flatpanelshd and you should be good to go!
sounds like from Best Buy calibration?

(2) Energy RC 70 towers
(1) Energy Veritas 2.0C center
(2) Energy Veritas 2.0R surrounds
(2) Energy RC LCR back surrounds
(1) Rythmik LV12R sub
(1) Denon 2112CI avr
(1) LG 55" LM7600 tv
post #200 of 381 Old 11-10-2012, 06:13 PM

Hi,

I replaced my TV. Now its looks much better. Now I have PS3 connected. After changing the HDMI, i got rid of green dots and lines also.
I have connected PS3 thorough HDMI to TV. How do i connect it to receiver?

Regards
post #201 of 381 Old 11-13-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:

Hi,
I replaced my TV. Now its looks much better. Now I have PS3 connected. After changing the HDMI, i got rid of green dots and lines also.
I have connected PS3 thorough HDMI to TV. How do i connect it to receiver?
Regards

If I were you I would go to the receiver first from the PS3 via HDMI then out from the receiver to the TV via HDMI.
post #202 of 381 Old 11-17-2012, 10:43 PM

Is this tv still being made? A few stores (Best Buy & Future Shop) in my area (Alberta Canada) are telling me it's been discontinued and they aren't getting any more in stock. I hope they're wrong because I already paid for one and I'm still waiting for it to come in. Has there been a new model replacement announced? Google hasn't found anything.
post #203 of 381 Old 11-18-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by db840 View Post

Is this tv still being made? A few stores (Best Buy & Future Shop) in my area (Alberta Canada) are telling me it's been discontinued and they aren't getting any more in stock. I hope they're wrong because I already paid for one and I'm still waiting for it to come in. Has there been a new model replacement announced? Google hasn't found anything.

Amazon has the 55LM9600 in stock right now as do other online retailers. What particular model are you looking for? You sure it is the LM9600? The 47" is not sold in the US, only the 55" right now, but not sure about Canada.
post #204 of 381 Old 11-19-2012, 09:27 PM

I have placed an order for a LG 55LM9600 and been waiting since November 4th from Future Shop. Last week I checked the delivery time with them and they said they still don't know anything. Checked with a few other stores and they told me no more are coming or being made. Can this be true? I'm new to the LG brand and don't know the life cycle of their products but this model seems to have died pretty quickly if it's over. Anyone know when LG usually releases new models to the stores? I thought it was around June or July. That would currently make it about 6 months without a flagship model to sell. Can't see this being true since the Christmas selling season is coming up.
post #205 of 381 Old 11-20-2012, 07:23 PM

I've had this TV for three days now and I both love it and hate it. So many things about it are awesome but there are two issues that are bugging me. One is the light bleeding from the corners. I'm not sure if I'm being fussy but for a Full Nano LED backlit TV, I would have thought there shouldn't be any light bleeds. I've tested with a full black screen and it's quite noticeable.

The other thing that is bugging me more than the bleeding is the vertical banding. It's not noticeable for 95% of the time but when I see it it drives me mad. It's mostly evident in side scrolling scenes of large blocks of colour. Say panning around the sky or a sports field. The screen has these faint verticle lines running from top to bottom. It looks like dirt or something on the screen. I want to get up and wipe it off but it's part of the picture. Really frustrating.

At the moment I'm weighing up whether to just get used to the problems and live with it or return the set for a refund. It's come down a lot in price since it was released but it's still not exactly cheap. I know no TV is perfect but for the price I wouldn't expect these kinds of issues. Or if I am going to have a TV with these issues I could get one for a lot less.
post #206 of 381 Old 11-20-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamdot78 View Post

I've had this TV for three days now and I both love it and hate it. So many things about it are awesome but there are two issues that are bugging me. One is the light bleeding from the corners. I'm not sure if I'm being fussy but for a Full Nano LED backlit TV, I would have thought there shouldn't be any light bleeds. I've tested with a full black screen and it's quite noticeable.
The other thing that is bugging me more than the bleeding is the vertical banding. It's not noticeable for 95% of the time but when I see it it drives me mad. It's mostly evident in side scrolling scenes of large blocks of colour. Say panning around the sky or a sports field. The screen has these faint verticle lines running from top to bottom. It looks like dirt or something on the screen. I want to get up and wipe it off but it's part of the picture. Really frustrating.
At the moment I'm weighing up whether to just get used to the problems and live with it or return the set for a refund. It's come down a lot in price since it was released but it's still not exactly cheap. I know no TV is perfect but for the price I wouldn't expect these kinds of issues. Or if I am going to have a TV with these issues I could get one for a lot less.

Have you tried calibrating it and making sure you have the latest firmware update? Mine didn't look the greatest out of the box but once I calibrated it using the flatpaneltv settings linked in this forum the TV looked so much better. I even played with the backlighting a bit and put it around 45 which worked good for my room lighting.
post #207 of 381 Old 11-23-2012, 08:11 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
Well guys,

I looked around & played around with a Panasonic 60GT50 and a 55WT50 over the past week or so and just wasn't feeling the active 3D glasses of the Panasonics anymore. IMO, they are extremely uncomfortable. I prefer the simple passive approach of the LG. Plus dual gaming on the LG with special 3D glasses is unique. So i pulled the trigger tonight and purchased a 55LM9600 along with a Sony BDP-S790 Blu Ray player.

I will post my thoughts once I have a chance to spend some time with it over the next day or so. smile.gif
post #208 of 381 Old 11-24-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badabing View Post

Well guys,
I looked around & played around with a Panasonic 60GT50 and a 55WT50 over the past week or so and just wasn't feeling the active 3D glasses of the Panasonics anymore. IMO, they are extremely uncomfortable. I prefer the simple passive approach of the LG. Plus dual gaming on the LG with special 3D glasses is unique. So i pulled the trigger tonight and purchased a 55LM9600 along with a Sony BDP-S790 Blu Ray player.
I will post my thoughts once I have a chance to spend some time with it over the next day or so. smile.gif

Grats! I think it is an awesome TV once you get it calibrated. The picture looks very good to me and Blu-ray movies are really nice to watch. Welcome to the club!
post #209 of 381 Old 11-26-2012, 10:48 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
I just updated the firmware to 04.20.18.. After toggling the "Led Local Dimming" picture setting my adjustment immediately went from having;

4-Options; "Off", "Low", "Med", "High"

-To just having-

3-Options; "Low", "Med", "High"

It would appear LG or an update quirk took away the adjustment option of "Off"! I know for sure I had "Off" before this update, and it's actually still showing in the built in owners manual. Can someone else please confirm that the recent update has removed "Off" from the Led Local Dimming Adjustment.

I just did a complete reset as the LG rep suggested. Still no return of "Off" as a choice under "Led Local Dimming" option.

FYI.. When I contacted LG. They haven't heard of this and informed me the firmware addressed the following; "SDP 3.0 LG smart world- Adverstise click to web connection- Update social center function- Update search function- Email ID login- Remote service- Game world service".
post #210 of 381 Old 11-27-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigo View Post

Have you tried calibrating it and making sure you have the latest firmware update? Mine didn't look the greatest out of the box but once I calibrated it using the flatpaneltv settings linked in this forum the TV looked so much better. I even played with the backlighting a bit and put it around 45 which worked good for my room lighting.

Thanks Luigo. I have tried calibrating. Using the flatpanelshd settings and also trying different combos. I've managed to get it looking good in expert modes. I still see noticable vertical banding and some light bleed. Light bleed is particularly when i set it to game mode for my PS3. i ran the AVS HD 709 calibration tools. Here is an image of the TV in full dark room with the black test pattern from the AVS HD software running through my PS3.

I'm still not sure whether to return the TV. I've ordered some antec bias lighting which I hope will help with the light bleeding. To be honest, i'm more concerned with the vertical banding issues.

It's one of those things I guess. There's so much I love about the TV but given I won't be able to replace it for a few years I don't want to spend those years constantly annoyed by the problems.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 55lm9600 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Hdtv , Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Blu Ray Players
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page