Please suggest a ~16x9 display for computer and light HTPC use - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-23-2012, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been using a Planar PX191 ~4x3 19" LCD display with my desktop for about 9 years. I'd really like to upgrade now. For one thing, my desktop serves as an HTPC and my HDTV card outputs 16x9 at 720p. I could also hook up a 16x9 display on my desk with my new 1080p Sony BDP-S390 Blu-ray player, in lieu of firing up my 1080p projector, which I don't always want to do. I guess I'd want to get a switch for the blu-ray player because it only has one HDMI output to make that option possible.

My desktop outputs 720p via DVI, and I have a switch to divert that to either my projector or desktop's display.

Stereo speakers on the display are probably not essential, don't know. I would very probably would just use my earbuds instead.

I don't game, could, but presently don't, so gaming capabilities aren't at the forefront of what I need in a display. I suppose 22-24" makes sense, but I don't know, honestly what's out there and what would be a good choice for me.

I sit at my desk such that my eyes are 22-24" from the display, so for computer usage I need the display to be adequate for browsing, email, coding, etc. I could scoot back for HTPC use, but scooting back isn't an option when I need to use my keyboard.

If I'm in the wrong forum, please suggest another, mods feel free to move my post.

Thanks for ideas, suggestions, etc.!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page