UN55ES8000 Turning off and on by itself - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 07-02-2012, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am an AV installer and our crew installed a UNES8000 last week on a Sanus tilt wall mount. The TV is shutting off and on by itself at random intervals. It is only off for 3-4 seconds, when the SmartTV logo reappears and it is back on again with the TV image showing (in this case DirecTV). We went through all the normal troubleshooting until we finally contacted Samsung for service. The tech that came out said it has to do with the mount and that only the ultra slim cable mounts will work with these sets. That just doesn't make sense to me - especially since we have installed many of these TV and have never used a cable mount. However, we took the TV down from the wall over the weekend and had it just on its own pedestal with nothing on the back and it worked fine. We re-installed it with the original sanus tilt mount (we made sure the screws for the mount were the correct size and not too long) today and the problem came back. We are perplexed...any suggestions...anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 07-02-2012, 08:40 PM
dfp
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Press the power cord firmly into the back of the TV. A month or so after our 2008 Samsung LN52A860 had been playing beautifully, it started shutting off and turning back on. I snugged it up and the problem has never come back. Hope this does it for you.
post #3 of 12 Old 07-03-2012, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the response...we checked that. Further experimentation is pointing to the network cable right now, although we are not sure. Since disconnecting the Cat5e cable, the TV has not gone off (to our knowledge).
post #4 of 12 Old 07-03-2012, 05:05 PM

Liked: 12
I just had the same problem with the Samsung UN55ES7100 that would turn it's self on in the middle of the night. Sometimes just the "Samsung" light would come on and other times the whole TV would come on. Samsung told me that the latest firmware update would fix this problem. Waited two weeks for the firmware update and the set still did the same thing after the new update was installed. The next step from Samsung was to send out a repair guy which I said no to.

Took that set back to HHGREGG and got the 60" version and so far so good.
Should not have to service a brand new TV. Good luck. rolleyes.gif
post #5 of 12 Old 07-03-2012, 06:22 PM

Liked: 12
I dont know if this is of any help but on a similar experience with a Samsung T220 ( 22" LCD monitor ) the damned thing would randomly turn on/off when at any time I had it replaced but the reseller was never able to replicate the problem even after using the monitor for a month (24/7 office use ) the replacement monitor still did the very same thing so I took a video of hit happening and replaced me again for the 3rd time, still not able to replicate the issue on his end, the 3rd replacement also did the very same issue but at a far rarer occasion. I was able to gather that it was not power related issue since for each replacement made we moved to a different place ( house under renovation ) and the power grid is different for each place we moved into. I've sold the monitor since and the current owner says its never happened to him.
post #6 of 12 Old 09-10-2012, 02:57 PM

Where you able to find a solution to the power cycling issue? I am seeing the same behavior with my wall mounted ES6500 that has cat 6 cable connected to it. Samsung has claimed that they have not seen an issues with the tv powering on and off but my installer said he has heard there may be problems.
post #7 of 12 Old 09-10-2012, 04:13 PM

Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt78 View Post

Where you able to find a solution to the power cycling issue? I am seeing the same behavior with my wall mounted ES6500 that has cat 6 cable connected to it. Samsung has claimed that they have not seen an issues with the tv powering on and off but my installer said he has heard there may be problems.

This issue was supposedly address in a firmware update a couple back.
post #8 of 12 Old 09-11-2012, 08:33 AM

I just did a firmware upgrade last night and the issue is back. Any other ideas?
post #9 of 12 Old 03-25-2013, 04:28 AM

Hi all. Mine started doing the same last week, shut down and restarted 4 times within 15 mins. while Customer Care were on the phone. Just got it back today with a replacement PCB and wifi receiver unit. PS - upgraded firmware to 1020(?) before taking it to the service centre and it was still doing the same. Call Samsung Support and log a visit.
post #10 of 12 Old 03-25-2013, 04:30 AM

Pps. Anyone who can point me in the right direction to get the best way to run surround sound via PS3 and Home Theatre would be a legend!!
post #11 of 12 Old 12-15-2013, 11:19 AM

Experienced the same problem with my set, the wifi adapter turned out to be the culprit. The technician that installed the new wifi adapter claimed that he has been doing up to 6 of these a day. They(Samsung) says a bad batch of wifi modules were installed in many of the consumer televisions. Luckily my set is still under warranty!
post #12 of 12 Old 05-26-2014, 07:40 AM

I have the same problem.  Even though I bought it 3 years back,  UA55d7000lx model has started to switch off and on continuously.  The smart TV logo appears and immediately switches of and it it repeats continuously.  When I called the Samsung for evaluation the person says that the 55 inch display (the entire LED panel) is to be replaced.  Can any one help me?  Is it true?

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page