TC-L55ET5 Picture quality vs. TC- P50GT30 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-04-2012, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had some issues with burn-in and image retention with the GT30. It has already been replaced once and now the second one has been broken in and babied for about a year. No burn-in but the paranoia that the first set left me with is sometimes overwhelming. I almost broke my head the other day running for the remote because I realized I had MSNBC on for almost an hour and got scared that their banner would become a permanent fixture on my TV screen...again. Image retention is pretty common but not very noticeable on my set (unless you scrutinize the screen. Which I do), and although it goes away it was enough for the Sears tech to warranty it's exchange. So now, limited to the Sears line of TVs, I'm strongly considering swapping for the ET5. I love my GT30 and I've seen the ET5 at Best Buy and the picture looks pretty good but the loop they run makes it difficult to get a good sense of what you get at home. I know the blacks are not as good but not bad. Ultimately my question is, overall, how much picture quality would I be sacrificing for the sake of no burn-in possibility (yes I realize even LED/LCDs can get burn-in under very extreme circumstances) if were to switch. Thanx guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-05-2012, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Well, the black levels are considerably worse, the color isn't as accurate, and since the 55ET5 is edge-lit you will have to deal with screen uniformity issues.

That being said, I just went through 2 Panny Plasmas and an ET5 looking for the "right set" and I personally preferred the picture on the ET5. But I am very sensitive to plasma problems (buzzing, flicker, worry-wart about IR) so keep that in mind. I ended up returning the ET5 due to the aforementioned screen uniformity issues, though, and just went back to my old rear-pro SXRD.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc L55et5 55 Inch 1080p 3d Full Hd Ips Led Lcd Tv With 4 Pairs Of Polarized 3d Glass
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page