Anyone with a passive Panasonic 3D LCD able to get 3D Youtube content to work? Or other 3D files on an HTPC? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-08-2012, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It's a 2012 Panasonic LCD.

I have the native 3d youtube app from the Viera connect menu and also an HTPC hooked up via HDMI.

I play the 3D Youtube stuff with all sorts of settings but nothing ever works. I switch the TV to 2d->3d mode and it still doesnt work. Stuff is displayed like it should be in 3d but it looks the same with the glasses on or off, just a garbled sort of mess.

Is there something special I am supposed to do in order to try out some 3d content on the tv? Do I want interleaved? side by side:? over under?

I put the desktop to both 1080p and 720p. I used an ATI based PC and then hooked up an Nvida powered PC.

With the Nvidia I was able to run the stereostropic 3d settings and run the test fine and see stuff in 3D. With youtube I tried all the settings and nothing would come in clear. I also pushed the 2d->3d button on the Panasonic and that didnt do anything either.

I donloaded SBS movie trailers and tried to play them with a Stereostropic player and I could find no setting that would make it work with the 3D glasses.

Does this set have some kind of special 3d that doesnt work with everything else out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-09-2012, 03:28 AM - Thread Starter

The video card is an ATI 5450. On the second machine I hooked up it was a Geforce 260.

This morning I tried out Firefox instead of Chrome.

One of the many videos I tried was this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R10o9unvN5o

I put the TV in both 1080p and 720p. I tried it in 2d mode and in 2d->3d mode. I had it in interleaved / row. Tried the others too but got nothing.

When I run it it looks like it is almost in 3d but nothing really meshes.

Why is this so hard?
post #3 of 4 Old 07-09-2012, 04:53 AM - Thread Starter

I discovered a sub 3D menu on the TV..

Found it by stumbling across a FAQ on the Panasonic site for their 3D plasma line. Will need to play around with it when I get a chance tonight.
post #4 of 4 Old 07-09-2012, 06:14 AM

Liked: 13
I didn't have a problem playing 3D Youtube clips on either the built-in Youtube App or on Youtube on an attached PC playing full-screen. Just play a "Side By Side" (SBS) 3D video, and then tell the TV to go to 3D mode. Occasionally, I had to go into that "Sub 3D Menu" you indicated and tell it specifically that it was a Side By Side 3D video, but after that it looked/worked fine.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page