Got a "Free" 19" Samsung LED, worth keeping? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 07-13-2012, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Purchased the UN60ES7100 at HHgregg a couple of weeks ago and I see now that they are giving away a free 19" Samsung LED with this set. Went by there today and they gave me the free 19 inch LED.
It's model number is UN19D4003 and I was wondering if anyone has this little TV? Worth keeping as a spare set or dump it on Craig's list for a quick $100.eek.gif
What you think? rolleyes.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-14-2012, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Depends if you need it or not. Hook it up, turn it on, try it out, and then decide.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-14-2012, 07:47 AM
dfp
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 19
If you have cable, split the signal before the cablebox, run the new coax into the RF input, scan for cable channels, and get all local broadcast channels in HD and some cable channels in SD.

Place the set nearby, giving you more functionality than picture-in-picture, and making it easier to keep up with more football games this fall.
post #4 of 7 Old 07-14-2012, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfp View Post

If you have cable, split the signal before the cablebox, run the new coax into the RF input, scan for cable channels, and get all local broadcast channels in HD and some cable channels in SD.
Place the set nearby, giving you more functionality than picture-in-picture, and making it easier to keep up with more football games this fall.

Sounds like a good idea but we have DirecTV and I don't think we will get anything without another HD box from Direct. smile.gif
post #5 of 7 Old 07-14-2012, 04:24 PM
dfp
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post

Sounds like a good idea but we have DirecTV and I don't think we will get anything without another HD box from Direct. smile.gif

You're right. :-) If you live within 24 miles of local broadcasters, you could pick up an RCA ANT1250 amplified indoor loop antenna for about $39 and get all local stations in HD. If they are near each other, you won't even have to turn it. Go to www.antennaweb.org to see.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-14-2012, 04:59 PM

Liked: 24
Doesn't DirecTV have receivers with two or more tuners so that you can watch different programs on up to 4 TVs?

Or put and RCA antenna in the attic with a RG6 coax down to the free 19" TV. Depending on how far you are form TV stations you may be surprised at what you get.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-14-2012, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase700B View Post

Doesn't DirecTV have receivers with two or more tuners so that you can watch different programs on up to 4 TVs?
Or put and RCA antenna in the attic with a RG6 coax down to the free 19" TV. Depending on how far you are form TV stations you may be surprised at what you get.

I believe that they do. We already have 2 HD receivers from Direct and our bill is like $100. a month already. I might hook it up to an over the air antenna and see what I get.smile.gif
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page