Panasonic TC-L55WT50 vs Samsung UN55EH6050F ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-17-2012, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I can't see the Panny, no local dealers. I've seen the Sammy at Costco. Costco seems like an really good place to buy a tv - 90 day return, two year warranty, $99 warranty extention.

I liked the Samsung, but didn't see it on movies. My main concern is SOE and off-angle viewing.

The Panasonic gets raves in comments and reviews, but hey, it's double the price of the Samsung.

Still, if I wait till black Thursday I could afford it.

Has anyone seen both? Or do you own either? All comments welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-25-2012, 11:42 AM

Liked: 10
I would advise to stay away from the Samsung! Here is why:

I bought the UN55EH6050F at Costco and 9 days later the tv won't turn back on after being off overnight. Costco was AWESOME and let me return it, refunded my money and allowed me to walk away or buy something else all over again. I thought to myself, I have never had any issues with Samsung televisions in the past so this last one had to been a fluke. So I buy the same model again at Costco paying close attention to buy a different version - first one was TH01 which was manufactured in Feb. 2012, second time was CH01 which was manufactured in April 2012 - lo and behold not even 24 hours after setting up the tv (with 3 hours of successful viewing the night of unboxing mind you) the tv will not power on.

In both cases the tv has entered an endless power up/down cycle and does not respond to the remote control or the on-tv joystick. This has been the worst electronics experience ever with a manufacturer. THANKFULLY Costco is truly a great place to buy big ticket items like this as their customer service is second to none. I have not had the chance to bring back the second tv to Costco yet but I fully expect they will allow me to return it for a full refund.

Your mileage may vary but needless to say I will not be purchasing another Samsung tv for a long time.

Good luck!

they build better mouse traps, we build better mice..
post #3 of 3 Old 07-26-2012, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls35a View Post

I can't see the Panny, no local dealers. I've seen the Sammy at Costco. Costco seems like an really good place to buy a tv - 90 day return, two year warranty, $99 warranty extention.
I liked the Samsung, but didn't see it on movies. My main concern is SOE and off-angle viewing.
The Panasonic gets raves in comments and reviews, but hey, it's double the price of the Samsung.
Still, if I wait till black Thursday I could afford it.
Has anyone seen both? Or do you own either? All comments welcome.

If you have a largish Sears store nearby they should have the Panny DT50 on display, one model down from the WT but very similar.

Steve S.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc L55wt50
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page