TV Resolution Issue When Using As Monitor - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-17-2012, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,
I am trying to use my tv as a computer monitor and I am unable to get a good screen resolution. I curretly have the computer/tv connected via HDMI and only the middle half of the screen shows picture. When I right clik on the desktop and select screen resolution it will not allow me to adjust. How can I get the content to show on the entire tv screen? TV is model Pannasonic PT-50LCX64 and my computer does not have a dedicated graphic card, rather it uses the HD3000 graphics built into the Intel CPU, if this matters.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-18-2012, 04:22 AM

Liked: 14
While all the information (e.g. OS, laptop/desktop etc.) wasn't provided, but Intel integrated graphics does support 1920 x 1080 resolution.

Go to Graphics Properties

In General Settings make sure the Display is set to your TV, the resolution 1920x1080 (you may need to scroll down to find it) and there are also Horizontal/Vertical scaling adjustments.

In Multiple Displays, set Operating Mode to single display and make sure Primary Display is set to your TV (e.g. when multiple displays are used, the resolution will default to the display w/ lower resolution).

The above should get you on the right path.

Additionally, on many TVs, the image can be further improved by naming the HDMI port being used to PC (e.g. this changes and fine tunes some of the TV's pixel mapping properties.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-18-2012, 11:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
AFAik your tv has a native resolution of 720p(1280x720) and should accept either 720p or 1080i over HDMI. I suggest you use 720p for a PC monitor.
post #4 of 5 Old 07-19-2012, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thiao, thanks for the suggestions. How do I access "Graphics Properties"? After installing a few drivers I am now able to select a number of different resolution options but all of them cutoff either the leftmost icons on my screen or the bottom toolbar. I am hoping the area you described above will allow me to further adjust.

Thanks again!
post #5 of 5 Old 07-19-2012, 03:42 PM

Liked: 14
I assume you're using Windows....... if you right click on your desktop, you'll get a drop down window where you can select graphics properties.

You can also get there via the control panel (on my Win 7 laptop, access is via 'Intel GMA Driver for Mobile')

However, as Walford pointed out, your TV only has a native resolution of 1280x720 (e.g. not 1920x1080).

You should set the computer graphics resolution to 1280x720 (e.g. same as your TVs resolution).
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page