AVS Forum banner

Official Samsung UN75ES9000 Thread

52K views 309 replies 74 participants last post by  RigorousXChris 
#1 ·
O.K. guys...... who knows where and when this will be available in August?

#102 ·

Picture 001.jpg 1792k .jpg file
Picture 002.jpg 1842k .jpg file

For those who are interested this television is no different from the es8000 when it comes to clouding

I have a Samsung tech coming on Thursday to try and fix it. I laughed at Samsung and said "sure send him over, Im sure he can fix it" NOT haha

Sorry for the bad quality pics but it could only be shot in the dark to see the clouding as during the day it is almost undetectable..

Attachments

#103 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Pepelicious  /t/1421113/official-samsung-un75es9000-thread/90#post_22582924

Picture 001.jpg 1792k .jpg file
Picture 002.jpg 1842k .jpg file

For those who are interested this television is no different from the es8000 when it comes to clouding

I have a Samsung tech coming on Thursday to try and fix it. I laughed at Samsung and said "sure send him over, Im sure he can fix it" NOT haha

Sorry for the bad quality pics but it could only be shot in the dark to see the clouding as during the day it is almost undetectable..

I am just glad I am not the only person with the television!

How would I replicate your problem?

#104 ·
my wife convinced me to give a best buy one more try and well guys after 3 TV i finally won the lottery, best buy delivery my 4 Samsung TV 2 days ago and finally i got a panel free of problem, no clouding banding or dead pixel, i almost give up sometimes is good too listen 2 the wife
, i dint really want to go to 65" after have 75" and my only option was the 90" sharp but 2 me the picture on the Samsung is better than the sharp "just my opinion" , anyways im finally happy, and down with the dam tv enhanced, love the tv and the 3d on this tv is marvelous

#105 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATA7  /t/1421113/official-samsung-un75es9000-thread/90#post_22592544

my wife convinced me to give a best buy one more try and well guys after 3 TV i finally won the lottery, best buy delivery my 4 Samsung TV 2 days ago and finally i got a panel free of problem, no clouding banding or dead pixel, i almost give up sometimes is good too listen 2 the wife
, i dint really want to go to 65" after have 75" and my only option was the 90" sharp but 2 me the picture on the Samsung is better than the sharp "just my opinion" , anyways im finally happy, and down with the dam tv enhanced, love the tv and the 3d on this tv is marvelous

Congrats!!! Enjoy

#108 ·
thanks guys, wow the 84LM9600 LG is like 20k ouch, it does look beautiful

#110 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATA7  /t/1421113/official-samsung-un75es9000-thread/90#post_22593355

thanks guys, wow the 84LM9600 LG is like 20k ouch, it does look beautiful

Here in Australia the LG goes for $15999.00 and I'm sure I could get a better deal as I picked up the ES9000 for a little under $7,500.00
I really don't want to spend the extra cash, but if have to to get no clouding, banding or dead pixels I will

#113 ·
Heya guys, now you've all had your panels for a little while, can you comment on how this set holds up against a good plasma like the Panasonic ST/VT series ? How is the ES9000 in dark scenes in a dark viewing environment ? I am giving very serious thought to returning my VT50 for the Samsung... I should have gone bigger...

#114 ·

I have had my panel for just over a month and have not encountered any clouding issues.  My previous panel was a 55" Samsung LCD so i am unable to comment on how the 75" panel compares to a plasma panel (never had one).  As far as I am concerned the picture is excellent in the dark but also great during the day with outside light coming into the room.  I am really pleased with the 3D effect - the depth is just amazing - Avatar and MIB 3 are the best.

Here are a couple of pictures from the movie "Red" taken in a dark room - blueray disc but the picture is not filling the complete screen.

I have the TV mounted on the wall 

#115 ·
I'm surprized that this tread is not more popular. This is Samsungs largest and best LED to date.

I found this positive review and thought I'd share it here, for those interested.

It's from Trusted Reviews. They gave it a 9 out of 10.
http://www.trustedreviews.com/samsung-ue75es9000_TV_review

#116 ·
I'm surprised at the lack of reviews. Apart from this one, there is only a single other review and its really just a semi/quasi review at best. If I saw 3-4 more reviews and they were kind to the panel I would be down at the store tomorrow to lay down the cash on one.

#118 ·
I have had this TV for 3 months. Initially I had a small amount of flashlighting in lower left corner..... Samsung said to turn down backlight to 7. It eventually went away.

Picture is great. I am running sound through my 5.1 sound system because it sounds much better. I have used the HUB browser every once in a while, not enough to pay for a separate keyboard. I don't use voice or hand motion controls. 3D works great.

#122 ·
I am currently planning to upgrade my aging 65" plasma TV to a brand new larger LED TV and I have my choices narrow down to either the Samsung 75" ES900 or the Sharp 80" LC80LE940X. Both are 3D capable TVs and basic specs are similar though the Samsung have more secondary features ( internet connectivity skype/youtube, build in browser, multimedia streaming etc.. but not that important to me,picture quality is number one ). At first glance, the picture on the Samsung looks better, perhaps due to the perceived higher resolution but the Sharp looks more cinematic ( yes, the extra 5" makes a difference especially when viewed from a distance ). Looks wise the Samsung is definitely slimmer and nicer. The Sharp is available for a slightly lower price but as expected of these giant TVs, both will still cost a fortune.

I will appreciate any inputs from owners of both TVs to help me with my decision. Thanks.

#125 ·
Hi guys,

I am a owner of this great tv set from germany and I have a question to the owners. I have the set now for 2 ½ weeks.

First of all, I came from a 64” D Series Plasma and I really like the PQ of the 75inch. Even if you look in a dark room. The local dimming does a great job.

But I suffer from this problem:

If you divide the picture in 3 parts: Left, middle and right; In my set the picture in the middle is a little bit “darker” than left or right.

This is visible when it comes to movement from left to right and right to left when bright col-ours are involved (esp. tones of grey, blue and green). In this situation you can see a kind of “Line” or “cloud” from top to the middle in the right part of the screen. When there’s no movement, you can see nothing of this.

In 3D I can see nothing of this. And in my opinion the effect became less according to panel usage?! But I can be wrong.

Has anyone of the owners in this forum the same “problems” with his set? Can there anything done to avoid or minimize the effect? Or: Do you know what I mean and do you also see this?

My settings:

Mode: Film

Backlight: 7

Contrast: 80

Brightness: 45

Sharpness: 20

Colour: 45

All other settings: “off”, except Smart LED “standard” and Cinema Black “on”. If you change the settings of the dimming to “off”, this has no effect to the described “effect”.

It is no banding (I think so), because the uniformity of the backlight with still test pictures is really great.

Thanks for your answers.

#126 ·
I saw the UN75ES9000 yesterday, right next to an 70 inch Elite at Best Buy.

Both were playing The Avengers Blu-ray, I was suprised-

Side-by-side I actually like the Samsung's Picture Quality better.

This was in a bright room with both HDTV's store settings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.