KDL52W4100 Motion Enhancer is not working - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-23-2012, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have KDL-52W4100 and it is connected to my PC via HDMI output, running of ATI 4550 card. In the past, I recall that the option was grayed out, probably because I was using VGA or DVI, I am not sure when it was grayed out, but it was. I am now trying to enable it since it is not grayed out, and it doesn't seem to work anymore. I try low and high setting, there is no difference. I miss the soap opera effect, especially when watching music videos or cartoons. Anyway, if anyone has any ideas, please share.
I checked the software version, it starts with HO, according to sony, update is not needed.

No More Cable Box
Time Warner Cable NYC | ATI OCUR Cable Card Tuner | Windows Media Center 7 | Cisco STA1520 Tuning Adapter | HDHomeRun Dual | Unlimited Possibilities & Customization
KDL52W4100TV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Looks like I cannot edit above, I will update as following:

I noticed that I was using DVI to HDMI cable (one end DVI Male, other end HDMI Male). Since the option is not grayed out, I assume motion flow should work, but it doesn't.
I unplugged the DVI and tried connecting directly via HDMI, this method disabled (grayed) motion enhancer completely, and TV recognized the connection as computer monitor, not as a TV display, so most options were disabled.
The only other option I can think of is VGA, but I don't want to go back to analog.
I also tested the Motion Enhancer option with PS3, it does not look like it is working. I cannot tell any difference between it OFF and HIGH. I don't know if there is anything else I can try.

No More Cable Box
Time Warner Cable NYC | ATI OCUR Cable Card Tuner | Windows Media Center 7 | Cisco STA1520 Tuning Adapter | HDHomeRun Dual | Unlimited Possibilities & Customization
KDL52W4100TV

Tags
Sony Bravia W Series Kdl 52w4100 52 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Lcd Hdtv