55LM8600 - Stand flimsy-Uneven - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-31-2012, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OK so after waiting 2 weeks for my TV to arrive, i finally get it all setup and notice that the stand is EXTREMELY FLIMSY and the TV tilts to the down on the left side. Just touching it seems like its going to fall over or break.

1. Is the flimsyness of the stand/TV mounting expected?

2. Any ideas how to "fix" the TV from leaning down on one side?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-01-2012, 07:55 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeehobo View Post

OK so after waiting 2 weeks for my TV to arrive, i finally get it all setup and notice that the stand is EXTREMELY FLIMSY and the TV tilts to the down on the left side. Just touching it seems like its going to fall over or break.
1. Is the flimsyness of the stand/TV mounting expected?
2. Any ideas how to "fix" the TV from leaning down on one side?

I own the 55LM8600 and I was quite surprised at how sturdy (and heavy) the stand is. I'm wondering if you have the correct stand for your television? My television sits perfectly level and doesn't move around at all (unless I want it to).
post #3 of 4 Old 08-01-2012, 09:40 AM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinyhenry View Post

I own the 55LM8600 and I was quite surprised at how sturdy (and heavy) the stand is. I'm wondering if you have the correct stand for your television? My television sits perfectly level and doesn't move around at all (unless I want it to).

Yeah, I was impressed with the stand. However, I mounted mine on a wall with a single articulating arm....even better.
post #4 of 4 Old 09-01-2012, 09:31 AM

Liked: 10
Hi Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!! Need your suggestions...

I was almost finalized to Purchase LG L8600. However now I am thinking to go for LM9600. Which one is the best choice. I know the price is major difference, which i do not care much.

I am lil confused when I read CNET review for LM9600. IS that some thing which can be ignored??? Pls give your suggestions.....

Answer!!

I have owned this TV for 2 months now and have not had any problems with it. Most of the reviews you read online were done before the TV was officially released or right at the time it was released. A new update came out last month and since then the picture quality has been even better than when I first got it. I am not sure if it is because of the firmware update or the fact my TV went through a break-in period, but I see much less clouding than I did when I first got it. I have been watching a few Blu-ray movies and have not noticed any abnormalities that others have seen in the past. Last night I watched The Grey in 24p, which has many dark and white scenes, and I did not notice any blurring at all. Maybe a few of the problems folks have had in the past were fixed. If you calibrate the TV properly it will look great.

My suggestion is you get the LM9600 rather than the LM8600. The LM9600 is the only one that is full NANO backlit and with the price as low as it is now I believe it is definitely worth getting over the LM8600. Plus if you use the smart TV functions and internet, the LM9600 has a slightly better processor which will help in those areas.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page