Anyone have experience with ordering a TV from Amazon? Also how does the return process work? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 35 Old 11-26-2012, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
"TVs purchased from Amazon.com, or from a seller but fulfilled by Amazon, will have FREE Return Shipping (via the Online Returns Center) up to 30 days from the date you receive the TV. The TV must be in new condition with the original packaging and accessories. Products missing the serial number or UPC cannot be accepted; refunds will not issue refunds for such items."

Will Amazon still take a return even if it's open and something happens within the 30 day time frame?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 11-26-2012, 02:53 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by slumpey View Post

"TVs purchased from Amazon.com, or from a seller but fulfilled by Amazon, will have FREE Return Shipping (via the Online Returns Center) up to 30 days from the date you receive the TV. The TV must be in new condition with the original packaging and accessories. Products missing the serial number or UPC cannot be accepted; refunds will not issue refunds for such items."
Will Amazon still take a return even if it's open and something happens within the 30 day time frame?

yes sir
post #33 of 35 Old 03-10-2013, 10:10 PM

Are returns and exchanges any trickier if its sold by a diff retailer and only "fulfilled by Amazon?" or is it just as easy w/amazon processing as they would TV's that they sold directly?

case in point 47LM8600 is sold and fulfilled by Amazon. 47LM7600 is sold by some outfit called Big Box Superstore but filled by Amazon (no Prime offered). Any reason to be less comfortable with this than if it were sold and fulfilled by Amazon?

Just want to know if I need to go though 1 - 2 exchanges due to excessive flash lighting or pixel issues, I can do so easily.
post #34 of 35 Old 03-11-2013, 12:35 AM

Liked: 12
Amazon is the ONLY retailer I will purchase my main tvs from.

Last year, purchased a 40ex720. It came the next day because I have Prime and I paid $4 for 1 day shipping. The unit was riddled with dead pixels, like 35. I called, and the lady i spoke with apologized and went to do the swap for a new tv. She came back after a few minutes on hold and told me they just ran out of the 40ex720s, so she upgraded me to the 46ex720, which was literally $400 more, for free. I shipped the 40ex720 back the same day, and when UPS had confirmed pickup, Amazon shipped the 46ex720 to me, i had it the next day.

So within a 48 hour period, I ordered a TV, returned it, and received my upgraded replacement for free. 48 hour period, no shipping charges, no restocking fees, and the Amazon rep even gave me a $25 promotional credit for digital purchases for the inconvenience.

This is only one of the many successful purchases I have had on Amazon, they offer the best service and return policy (Not just on TVs, for basically every item they sell too), the best prices (they price match pretty much every big TV seller), and the fastest shipping.

No reason to buy from anywhere else.
post #35 of 35 Old 03-11-2013, 07:25 AM

Thanks Gregck.

Does your experience hold for TVs sold AND fulfilled only by Amazon or would it apply to TVs that are ONLY fulfilled by Amazon (sold by a diff retailer)? The latter case is the one I'm unclear about.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page