Which TV features do you like most? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 08-02-2012, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is it Internet Apps or Network Streaming? Maybe PIP or On/Off timer or Automatic Energy saving? Advanced remote? Anything else that is important to you?

Write your Top 3 favorite features/functions you like in your current TV or would like to have in your next TV.

P.S. Picture quality and good TV performance is not a feature smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-02-2012, 06:39 AM

Liked: 20
1. For me, network streaming is the most important right now. I think, in the future, apps will become important.
2. Number of Inputs
3. ISFCCC READY
4. Power consumption

I stayed away from size and performance which are ultimately the most important, but not features.
post #3 of 9 Old 08-02-2012, 06:45 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I would have to say design and 3d, as network and sound are controlled by other components. That's assuming i can't pick performance.

My Gear
post #4 of 9 Old 08-02-2012, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxorox87 View Post

1. For me, network streaming is the most important right now. I think, in the future, apps will become important.
2. Number of Inputs
3. ISFCCC READY
4. Power consumption
I stayed away from size and performance which are ultimately the most important, but not features.

You mean local network streaming (DLNA) or Internet Streaming, like NetFlix, etc.?
post #5 of 9 Old 08-02-2012, 10:57 AM

Liked: 20
I mean local network streaming. I need to easily access all types of video on my network. I need to be able to to it quickly and easily.
I currently do not use any of the web services and don't have any interest in it....but that day may come.
Well, I do often access the 3D content via the LG apps....really just to quickly show off the 3d capabilities....but that's not really an important feature to me either.
post #6 of 9 Old 08-02-2012, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcamaro70 View Post

I would have to say design and 3d, as network and sound are controlled by other components. That's assuming i can't pick performance.

Ditto. I mainly want to the TV to look great when it's on and when it's off, and assume that the "brains" and fancy features will be driven by other components that are upgraded more often.

post #7 of 9 Old 08-02-2012, 12:27 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLefty View Post

Ditto. I mainly want to the TV to look great when it's on and when it's off, and assume that the "brains" and fancy features will be driven by other components that are upgraded more often.

my tivo does all the streaming i need in terms of amazon, netfix, hulu etc. The directv has on demand, the denon streams my music.

My Gear
post #8 of 9 Old 08-02-2012, 11:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLefty View Post

Don't say that you didn't even compare various features between different models when you were choosing what to buy...did you? smile.gif
post #9 of 9 Old 08-03-2012, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewPT View Post

Don't say that you didn't even compare various features between different models when you were choosing what to buy...did you? smile.gif

Sure I compare -- no denying that. I've been a shameless research geek like the rest of us for a long time now. smile.gif And as long as price, picture quality and other features are comparable, yeah, I'll take the TV with more "smart" capabilities. But's it's not a big deal to me because I keep TVs for at least a decade and work under the assumption that things like apps and networking will be more dynamic and will come from other components.

And with today's models I see a lot of price differential based on the SmartTV features. Looking across the LG line shows this: compare the LM6700, LM7600 and LM8600. The design, the guts and the overall picture quality are practically identical, but the later models have faster processors and more apps. That's great, but not worth an extra $300 or more to me.

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page