Vizio SV370XVT lines throughout entire display. Not signal data. (pictures inside) - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 50 Old 11-28-2012, 10:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If you get and install the board please report back with your results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 50 Old 02-11-2013, 09:38 AM

Hello,

I have a 3 1/2 year old VIZIO SV370XVT and have been having the same problem as the original poster (horizontal lines at top of screen and screen freezes below). The pattern was not exactly the same as the OP's pics but was similar. The problem started when the TV was off for a while and got progressively worse just as the OP described.

In my case the system reset worked (at least so far anyway, crossing fingers).smile.gif

For whatever it's worth, here is exactly what I did:

1. I have my TV plugged into a power strip, so the first thing I did was to shut off the power with the TV turned on to simulate a power outage.

2. With the power shut off and using the power button on the TV (not the remote button), I held the button in for 30 seconds (or more).

3. Switching the power strip back on, I then pressed and held the power button on the TV for another 30 seconds to turn the TV back on.

Problem seems to be fixed for now.
I will post if the problem comes back.
post #33 of 50 Old 03-02-2013, 04:23 PM

I am having the same problem with my visio 37" sv370xvt. When turned on after being off for several hours the screen has vertical lines but the sound works, then after about 20 minutes everything is fine. Did you ever find a solution?
post #34 of 50 Old 03-03-2013, 10:58 AM

I have the same problem. Nobody has really come up with a solution nor has Vizio ever given any solutions. I changed the main board like one of the earlier posters with no success and have done hard resets with no positive results. I'm still waiting for the perfect fix. If any of the previous posters fixed their problem with some other means it would be nice if they would share their information.
post #35 of 50 Old 03-03-2013, 09:18 PM

I have a Vizio VL370M that is having similar problems with horizontal lines throughout the top of the display just like image #2 from copotica. The picture also is extremely choppy as the screen freezes and updates about every four seconds. Unlike some others on this thread the issue doesn't go away after leaving the unit on.

My unit has two ribbons that come out of the t-con board. One goes to the top right side of the screen and the other goes to the top left side of the screen. If I unplug the ribbon coming out of the t-con board going to the right side, the right half of the screen will go white but the other half still has the horizontal lines and choppy picture. Same thing happens when I remove the left side ribbon coming out of the t-con board.

I did tear it apart enough to fiddle with the tab bonds while it was on and nothing improved the picture.

Of course when I remove the cable going into the t-con board then I am just getting a black screen with no lines.

So my question is has anyone replaced the t-con board as Halkenguard suggested might be the problem?
post #36 of 50 Old 03-20-2013, 03:21 PM

I have been having a very similar problem with my vizio VO370m I just ordered a new T-controler, I will let you guys know how it goes.
post #37 of 50 Old 04-13-2013, 01:22 PM

I replaced the T-con board and it has fixed the problem. Anyone having this line problem with their Vizio Replace your T-control board. That is definitely the problem. Make sure you buy a board that is compatible with your TV. I bought mine used on ebay for $15 dollars.
post #38 of 50 Old 04-14-2013, 11:57 AM

How long have you had it installed? Do you have the board number? I hope that did the trick.

Thanks for reporting in!
post #39 of 50 Old 04-15-2013, 07:40 AM

Its been in for a week. I have had no problems since the card was installed.
I have a different model Vizio then is titled in this forum. I have a VO370m but the symptoms were exactly the same. Lines across the screen and freezing(as pictured) depending on the heat and humidity , as well as time idle. The problem got worse with time(years) till Iit would take an average of 3-5 minutes for the TV to render an image, If it ever did, sometimes it would not work for days.
After installing the t-control board, MY TV started right up and immediately rendered an image.I got to seen a boot up screen I forgot even existed. I have not seen one line or had any delay since.
It is possible that the boards just go bad with time. I got a used one just to see if it would work.
I suspected it was the t-conrol board when i first opened it up since it is the gpu for the TV, responsible for rendering the image on the screen. It did not seem likely that it was the power supply since it always turns on reliably. I didn't think it was the motherboard or cpu( the Main Unit as you have called it on this forum) since all of TV functions and ports were working properly. So I was thinking it had to be the screen (not worth replacing $$) or the Graphic Processing Unit (T-control board) which is responsible for rendering the image on the screen.
To be clear this is the first TV i have ever worked on, but i am very familiar with computers and computer repair. What struck me when i first opened my TV was that it was just a very simple flatted out computer that was all screen and very little PC.
Anyway I found this forum and it did help me a lot in that it confirmed my suspicions since you guys had tried basically everything except replacing the T-control with no results. So if you have any questions or need any help installing it i would be glad to help.

This is the card I bought for my VO370m

http://compare.ebay.com/like/190752967611?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

This is the card you will need for the TV model Titled in this forum Vizio SV370XVT

http://www.tvpartsguy.com/servlet/the-8052/VIZIO-SV370XVT-T-dsh-CON-BOARD/Detail

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vizio-sv370xvt-T-Con-Board-with-cables-6871L-1673A-/281093670065?pt=US_TV_Boards_Parts_Components&hash=item41727d04b1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vizio-47-SV472XVT-XVT472SV-6870C-0285C-1877D-T-Con-Board-Unit-Motherboard-/140947877017?pt=US_TV_Boards_Parts_Components&hash=item20d125ec99

New or used that's your Choice. I like to have a warranty either way, since we know these boards go bad. The longest i could find was 90 days tho so it might just be better to buy a used one every few years if it does go on you.

Thanks for your help everybody. It feels empowering to fix something new and not take part in our throw away culture!
post #40 of 50 Old 04-21-2013, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

It's been a while since I responded in this thread. I'm pretty convinced the problem appears to be humidity related as others have stated, or at least high humidity makes the problem worse. During last summer, while my air conditioner was running all the time, the problem occurred consistently. During the winter, I haven't experienced the problem once.

Now that were heading into the summer again, I'm sure I'll see this problem return with a vengeance once my air conditioner is back in use regularly and the humidity rises again.

If the problem does return, I may try Tedouesz's (thanks for the info) solution. Of course, if I do, I'll post back the results.
post #41 of 50 Old 04-25-2013, 09:28 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Tedouesz thanks for the info. Mine drowned in sandy last year, so I ended up buying the same model vizio sv370xvt for $220 on craigslist. So far so good.smile.gif The only thing the TV doesn't do Is the TV guide. I called Vizio and the rep told me it was discontinued. I can still see the info on the channel though. I do miss that TV guide though. frown.gif copotica stop being cheap get that T board. biggrin.gif

post #42 of 50 Old 05-28-2013, 10:48 PM

Liked: 11
I had the same problems with my Vizio and it turned out to be the T-Con board. I used this tutorial to figure out what to do:
Replace the Vizio E601i-A3 LED RUNTK5261TPZC T-Con board
http://www.fixyourdlp.com/2013/04/27/replace-the-vizio-e601i-a3-led-runtk5261tpzc-t-con-board/
Putting in a new T-Con board was challenging but it solved the problem.
Hope this helps and you have gotten your TV up and running.
You think for the money we spent for these TVs they could give us a product that lasts!
JJ - Montreal
post #43 of 50 Old 06-26-2013, 08:43 AM

Does anyone have any updates to their problems and if they were resolved? I don't want to spring on parts unless I know they will definitely correct the problem.
Thanks!
post #44 of 50 Old 06-27-2013, 02:55 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Light Brown On Sides Of Screen...Not that it bothers me much, but what does it mean? I was checking out a great documentary "The Art Of Flight" on netflix and was a bit noticeable when the screen was white. It's like half an inch on L/R on my HDTV. Could it be bonding?

post #45 of 50 Old 07-10-2013, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I finally decided to try and replace the T-Con board, as a couple of others in this thread claimed it fixed the problem. Luckily, I found one cheap on Ebay.

Unfortunately, this is not the problem, as others have claimed. If the T-Con replacement fixed your Vizio, please post if your TV was that same exact model in my original post of this thread, and if you were experiencing the same exact problem.

So, I received my replacement today. Before I installed it, I ensured my TV was off for several hours, and when I turned it on, the lines were all over the place.

If the T-Con board was the problem, after I install the replacement, the lines should be gone, right? Wrong. After I installed the replacement, I turned the TV on, and the lines were all over, just as before.

Now, to check if the replacement was defective, I waited for the lines to go away, which usually happens after about 30 minutes or so. Once the lines were gone, I turned off my TV, and re-installed my original T-Con board. This way, if the lines came back after installing the original, I could verify if it was definitely a T-Con problem. However, after I installed the original back, I immediately turned the TV on, and the lines did not appear. This basically confirms the T-Con board, for my particular model is not the problem.

I did not replace the T-Con cables. So maybe there's a problem with them, but right now its not worth the effort to figure that out.

ALSO, I can confirm this problem is definitely related to humidity or air conditioning. During the past Fall/Winter season, I didn't experience the line problem once, not one single time. Once the hot and humid weather started, and I started using my air conditioner, the problem immediately returned.

WARNING: NEVER BUY VIZIO. NEVER! NEVER! NEVER!
post #46 of 50 Old 07-19-2013, 01:00 AM - Thread Starter

Well, here's an update to my last post above.

I purchased a used t-con board, replaced my original. Problem still occurred. Then I waited for the lines to stop, and put my original t-con board.

It's been a week, and I haven't experienced any problems with my display. The weather has been hot and humid, air conditioning running, and even after having my TV off for an extended period of time, the problem has yet to re-appear.

Maybe all I needed to do was completely disconnect my t-con board, then reconnect it. I'm clueless as to what resolved the problem, or if this fixed state is simply temporary.

So, my suggestion to those experiencing my same problem, is to completely disconnect their t-con board, then reconnect it.

If or when the problem returns, I'll report back.

UPDATE:
Oh well, here we are a day later, and the problem came back. Sheeesh! One week, not one problem. Then a day after I post about it, problem comes back.
post #47 of 50 Old 07-20-2013, 12:34 PM

I just fixed my problem. I went to Best Buy and got a new 40" Samsung yesterday. No more lines. smile.gif
post #48 of 50 Old 07-21-2013, 09:10 PM

Have been reading these threads as my 370xvt has gotten progressively longer to "warm up" from the lines. Took the tv apart today, identified the exact t-con board part number and ordered from ShopJimmy tonight.

Should be here within a week I would imagine and will update again once I get it installed.

Fingers crossed in Oklahoma --- I really like this set and it fits my corner furniture unit perfectly.

Board number was a 1673A2 on the white sticker on the board in the unit, replacement part ordered is a "lg philips 6871l-1673a"

More later in the week.
post #49 of 50 Old 07-29-2013, 07:46 PM

Hate to say it but the board came in, almost exact replica, put it in and the lines were worse than the T-Conn board in the TV ---- took the new board back out, old board back in, waited around 20 minutes and back to a perfect display. New board in, had lines for awhile then it cleared up --- so the T-Conn board from ShopJimmy didn't do the job. Will be calling them back tomorrow for any direction and a RMA on the board. Sad in OKC....
post #50 of 50 Old 12-16-2013, 02:51 PM

Just went through the same ordeal.  I put an 85Hz signal through it (from computer of course) and everything scrunched up to the top.  It did this once and came back (when I had it at 120Hz) but soon did it again.  I replaced the power board, the TCon board and the Main board, none of which did any good.

I suspect a bad panel.  150.00 dollars in boards down the drain.

If anyone can confirm panel replacement solves the problem, please advise and thanks.

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio , Vizio Sv370xvt 37 Widescreen 1080p Lcd Hdtv 120hz 50 000 1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio 5ms Response Time , Lcd Hdtv , Displays
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page