Rarely asked question about LG D2342P.. :| - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-09-2012, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello Everybody:)

I am planning to purchase LG D2342P 3d monitor mainly for watching 3d BlueRay movies.
Now, what's bothering me is that I have heard that passive monitor offers great depth but lacks theater like pop-out effects and also passive is inferior to active displays in term of pop-out effects. Actually I prefer pop-out effects over depth. So, it would be a great help to me if anyone can confirm this..

With Regards
Bruce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-09-2012, 11:28 AM

Liked: 20
Not true.
I have the Lm8600 and it is passive and there is plenty of "pop out" effect. I would not even consider active after having passive for the past 4 months.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-22-2012, 02:15 PM

Liked: 11
I own this monitor and would recommend against buying it especially if its only for watching movies/gaming.

It does NOT use the same quality passive filter or glasses as their TVs and suffers far more crosstalk.

It also uses a TN LCD panel not the high quality IPS panels used in good PC monitors and TVs. This results in muddy colours, poor viewing angles and generally the worst picture quality I have seen on an LCD monitor for a while.

Its not unusable by any means and I still got that wow factor watching Avatar on it, but compared to the LG Passive 3D TVs its really poor and I wish I had just waited to get the far superior TV instead.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg , Lg D2342p Pn 23 Inch Widescreen Passive 3d Led Lcd Monitor , Lcd Hdtv , Displays , Blu Ray Movies
Gear in this thread - D2342p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page