Samsung UNES6500 vs. UNES6580 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 08-11-2012, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
CurryStorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm ready to buy a new TV to replace my broken 50" Sony SXRD, and after much research, I have decided I want a Samsung LED, at least 120hz, with 3D capabilities, between 46" to 55".

The two TVs that I have narrowed it down to are the UN50ES6500 and the UN50ES6580. However, I can't really tell the difference between the two. The UN50ES6500 has a good bit of reviews across the internet, but the 6580 (which I am favoring right now) hardly has any. Matter of fact, the only reviews I've found on it are about 11 reviews on Amazon (all pretty positive). Does anyone have any experience with either of these televisions (mainly the 6580) that could give me a rundown of the differences? I'm really interested in the 6580, but like I said, the fact that I can't find hardly any reviews/info on it worries me somewhat.

I'm planning on using it for playing the PS3 75% of the time and watching movies the other 25%. Are these good televisions for game playing, etc.? I don't want to spend more than $1500, and in the stores, Samsung LEDs just look far superior to me than any other brand, which is why I've narrowed it down to these two.

Any help/recommendations would be really appreciated. I hated to create a whole thread about this, but I just can't find the information I need for the 6580 and hope I can hear about some personal experiences here.
CurryStorm is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 Old 08-11-2012, 09:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
fatuglyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mars
Posts: 1,435
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 133
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1417431/samsung-un46es6580-discontinued-but-replaced-by-what-good-deal#post_22166358

refer to the second post in that thread cool.gif

ht Panasonic 60" ZT60, Monitor Audio: Silver RX6, RX Centre, RX1; Martinlogan Dynamo 700, Marantz SR5006, PS3, Oppo BDP-103D, Panamax M-5100PM
2ch Sony 32" W650A, Sonus faber Toy Monitor, REL T3, Marantz PM8004, Sony BDP-S1000ES, JVC T-X3 tuner, Apple TV, Peachtree Audio DAC•iT, Panamax MR4300
pc Monitor Audio Radius 90HD, Audioengine D1, FiiO A1
+ Sony 65" XBRX850B, Sony BDP-S5100
fatuglyguy is offline  
post #3 of 5 Old 11-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Member
 
ewright27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Does anyone own an ES6580? I've searched the forum and the internet, and while some sites claim its the same as the ES6500 but with 2 additional pairs of 3D glasses and a Skype camera, other sites say it also looks different; silver base instead of black, etc. Looking at pictures on Samsung's site and the few reviews I've found don't help because they either have conflicting information and/or the photos don't match (Samsung's site seems to show 2 different TVs).

Can any owners please tell me...does the 6580 look just like the 6500 but with a silver base? Is the clear frame around the bezel black as on the 6500, or titanium/silver as on other models? Thanks very much.
ewright27 is offline  
post #4 of 5 Old 12-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Newbie
 
bobguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
I was comparing these two Samsung models myself, except in a 40-inch screen. Go to Samsung.com and select the models you're interested in and compare them side-by-side. What I learned is that the UNES6500 and UNES6580 are the essentially same LED televisions, but bundled differently: the 6500 comes with only 2 pair of 3-D glasses and no web camera, whereas the 6580 is bundled with 4 pair of glasses and Samsung's web camera. Good luck!
Bob
bobguy is offline  
post #5 of 5 Old 01-03-2013, 08:40 PM
Newbie
 
Johannsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The 6500 doesn't have progresive scaning, it´s 1080i and either models are 1080p smile.gif
Johannsen is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off