The better of these 2 t.v.s? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-15-2012, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I'd like opinions on the better of these 2 televisions. I have a chance to basically steal either. I will also find a fairly cheap surround sound setup, to go with it as both t.v.'s speakers are said to suck. This setup will only be for a year and a half. Then I will start putting together something nicer. The 2 t.v.s are these...
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Westinghou...-4680/20452138
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hisense-46...6K20E/20549809
The main things watched will be movies and sports, so the WH was what I thought would be better since it was 120hz, but I'd like advice for more experienced minds. The t.v. will be all college football, action movies, and Xbox 360. Thanks for any recommendation guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-15-2012, 05:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 82
As I've often said, Hisense makes no sense, but when compared to Westinghouse, it may make more sense. If those were my only two choices, I'd flip a coin and then still have trouble making up my mind. Seriously, if one has 120hz and the other is 60hz, I'd get the one with 120hz except that it's a Westinghouse. Sorry to be so negative, but this is an enthusiasts' forum and neither of those would fall into that category. Good luck.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-15-2012, 07:22 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I would stay away from those two brands if concerned about pic quality at all. If all you need is something to lightup and make some noise then go for it.
If your looking for a decent pic in that price range i can recommend the Samsung LN40E550 i bought one a few weeks back for a bedroom. Also Walmart had a Vizio that was network capable and if i remember correctly it was a 42" and was around $540.
post #4 of 6 Old 08-15-2012, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
the E550 Samsung does not have any audio outputs, niether digital or analog, so would not be a good choice in combination with a cheap HTIB with limited inputs.

Steve S.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-15-2012, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah I understand this is a forum for all out setups, but this is temporary. My brothers sharp 70" will be mine in a year and a half or so, along with his surround sound. I have seen the picture of both and was surprised at how good they both looked, honestly. I guess if there is no clear winner even with the hz difference, I'll just flip me a coin. Actually the hisense looked a little better (didn't get to see sports on t though).
post #6 of 6 Old 08-15-2012, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Take a look at the Best Buy Insignia or a Vizio from Costco with the extended warranty. For a few bucks more you can get get an entry level 47" LG, worth it IMO
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page