Advise on a new tv, have a Cracked LG 55LM8600 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-19-2012, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Purchased this tv during the promotion with free surround system from amazon 2 months ago. ($1,974 bucks)

TV came in with no problems for 1 week. Noticed a few issues i can live with like, every once in awhile tv reboots on its own maybe 3 or 4 times a day. With a black screen, when you move pointer on magic remote you see that area turns grey (lights turn on in that section in back).

Well this is my first HD TV (not counting rear projection tv). I love the features like play usb drive from tv itself, ton of inputs, and polarized glasses.

The problem is, everything working fine for 1 week. Went on vacation for 7 days, unplugged tv due to no surge protector yet. Left Air Con on. Came back home, found TV cracked all away across the middle of screen.

Can not understand what happened, how did it crack. Unplugged from wall even though power never went out. House stayed around 78* while i was away. I usually turn off the AC while i am working, away for 14 days at a time. 65" Rear projector is working fine and after 8 years never cracked due to heat.

I would like to get another tv but scared this may happen again. Maybe it was a hairline crack? How can it just crack on its own. Can anyone recommend a different tv with polarized glasses, smart tv, play hard drive from usb on tv, and has to have Plex, and browser for streaming sites.

Really like this TV even with the flaws. But i have nothing to compare it to. I am sure there is better. My price range is around $2,500 and 55" as this will be bedroom tv.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page