Samsung LCD LN32A330 model - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-23-2012, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, new to the forums here. I've had this television for almost three years now and I just can't adjust to the picture it's producing. It was also my first HDTV, so, at the time I didn't really know much about contrast, black levels, color temp, etc. But now that I've invested some time into these things, I seem to be having a difficult time getting the picture to look more natual.

Unlike the B version of this model, the A version doesn't give me many options to mess around with in the user menus. I'm pretty certain there are some things like Dynamic Contrast and DNIE that I should be able to turn off. I went into the service menu and found some of those options but they were greyed out. I was on the Component input at the time, not sure if it makes a difference or not.

Anyway, I can't seem to get a natural-looking picture with this television. I assume it's because there are other processes running in the background that I can't disable. Colors and contrast are very exagerated, blacks are crushed, and edge enchancement seems to be a constant despite putting it to 0. I've tried the HDMI input and it does look quite a bit better than Component, but the picture still looks 'off'. I use 'movie' mode which gives me access to warmer color temperatures.

Does anyone have any advice on this particular model or anything that will help me get a more natural picture out of ths tv?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-13-2012, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone please help me with this?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Ln32a330 32 Inch 720p Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread