Sharp 70" which model? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-28-2012, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have read about different sales, been to several stores around ATL and I see several different models, 847, 732, 734, 632, 633 etc so what model should I be looking at to get the best deal? kinda confusing....eek.gif

"Don't Bend Over in the Garden Granny, Them Taters Got Eyes"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-29-2012, 07:41 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 27
This is a very good question and I have had that question my self. I know the lower the model number the less advanced it is. But the lower the model number, does that also reflect the age of the tv as well? I dont know. For example I was in target the other day and they had a 600 series on sales for 2199, now i was not even aware that they made that old of a series. So for those here who know, and there are people here who know the answer to this I will learn as well as you will. I did read an article that each new series fixed something in the previous model lineup. Now that is great, but the question for me remains is this, is the 600 a 2011 model? What about the 700 and 800 series, are they also 2011 models or doe they split between 2011 and 2012? That I don't know but would love to know the answer.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-29-2012, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
IIRC, features increase with the first digit (assuming a model number that's XYZ, and for costco or Sam's models add a trailing zero): 6 < 7 < 8. as you go up in the line you get higher "refresh rates", yellow sub-pixel and 3D. the second digit, if it's a 3 then it's a 2011 and if it's a 4 then it's a 2012.
I ignored the 9 as the first digit as they're not out yet.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-29-2012, 07:55 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeno View Post

IIRC, features increase with the first digit (assuming a model number that's XYZ, and for costco or Sam's models add a trailing zero): 6 < 7 < 8. as you go up in the line you get higher "refresh rates", yellow sub-pixel and 3D. the second digit, if it's a 3 then it's a 2011 and if it's a 4 then it's a 2012.
I ignored the 9 as the first digit as they're not out yet.
Thank you for the help.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page