Help - Best Buy Labor Day Sale on Sharp 46-inch LC-46SV50U - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-01-2012, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys - it's been a few years since I posted on this forum. I bought my TV (Panny plasma) a few years ago so I haven't been keeping up with the latest on TVs, but was hoping someone could give me some feedback on a TV my friends are looking to purchase this weekend:

Sharp LCD 46-inch LC46SV50U - it's currenly on sale at BB for $499.

I have no experience/knowledge with Sharp's. I couldn't find any reviews anywhere at all, so was hoping someone could give me some feedback. They are looking to use it for watching movies on DVD for the moment (possibly get a Blu-ray player) and cable TV (HD channels). They are sitting about 8.5 feet. Their room has a lot of natural light. Their buget is between $500 - 600.

This seems to be fit them, but without any reviews and background on Sharp, I wasn't sure. Thanks for any help!

Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
Sony PS3
Sony HT-CT100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-02-2012, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Bump.

Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
Sony PS3
Sony HT-CT100
post #3 of 4 Old 12-16-2012, 10:55 PM

Just bumping a thread since I just bought the TV. Would like to know if anyone had it calibrated. I've played with the settings but wanted and it looks good but could be better and wanted other's input. Please post your settings. Thx.
post #4 of 4 Old 12-21-2012, 11:43 AM

Okay, I recently bought this hdtv after reading reviews on the best buy site regarding great color and good picture. It turns out that I do not like the picture colors. Magenta and green overpower the colors and the images lack a sort of warmth. My previous TV was a CRT type, so is this just something with LCDs? Skin tones are greenish gray with blotches of magenta, hair highlights of blond and light brown hair are greensish, while mouths and the edges of eyelids are a strong magenta. Landscapes of green vegetation become a psychedelic cyan. I have tried adjusting all white balance settings and tint settings but nothing seems to improve things much. I have tried the warm wb setting but this just adds a yellowish haze over the strange colors.

I have tried both composite video connections and HDMI, and I still have the same issue. I have tried different color settings on my Blu-Ray player, still not much improvement.

Anyone know if there is a fix for this (obviously there is not on the standard menu). Should I return this and get a plasma, or simply a different brand of LCD?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page