Vizio M650VSE - Is this for sale yet? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 26 Old 09-01-2012, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
http://store.vizio.com/led-lcd-hdtvs/m650vse.html

I can't find this thing anywhere. Google searches, searches on this forum, and no mention of it.

Any idea if it's even available yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 09-02-2012, 07:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Looks like it is currently available directly from Vizio right now. I hope Costco or Sam's starts to carry it so I can check it out. I would like a larger tv, but really don't want a 3D set.

post #3 of 26 Old 09-02-2012, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankVP View Post

Looks like it is currently available directly from Vizio right now. I hope Costco or Sam's starts to carry it so I can check it out. I would like a larger tv, but really don't want a 3D set.

Yeah, I saw that but no reviews anywhere since it doesn't seem like anyone is carrying it.
post #4 of 26 Old 09-05-2012, 02:02 PM

I did contact Vizio and was told they have no information when retailers will get this model TV.
I have also contacted Costco to see if they know if they will be carrying it.

post #5 of 26 Old 09-11-2012, 02:34 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankVP View Post

I did contact Vizio and was told they have no information when retailers will get this model TV.
I have also contacted Costco to see if they know if they will be carrying it.

gay
post #6 of 26 Old 09-11-2012, 04:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxmxmx View Post

gay
What???? Sheesh! eek.gif
post #7 of 26 Old 09-24-2012, 11:51 AM

its available for sale now from amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-M650VSE-65-Inch-Class-Smart/dp/B0096YOQRO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348512629&sr=8-1&keywords=M650VSE

I just ordered one and should be here in a week, not very comfortable ordering a TV with zero reviews out there but I hope it'll be ok
post #8 of 26 Old 09-25-2012, 05:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 135
The web site& the data sheet shows 95 watts power consumption, the owners manual shows 240.
Love to see the evenness (or un-evenness) of the edge-lit backlight of these larger LCD's. wink.gif

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #9 of 26 Old 09-25-2012, 11:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

The Web site shows the power required for normal TV viewing. The owner's manual shows the input power ating of the actual power supply which is at least the full maximum that may be required with all attachments and the TV turning on at startup.
post #10 of 26 Old 09-25-2012, 08:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

That's some difference. And you know where those figures came from how?

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
post #11 of 26 Old 09-26-2012, 07:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

The difference is totally normal for the two values all, see the Goverment Energy Star values at:

http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?fuseaction=find_a_product.showProductGroup&pgw_code=TV
post #12 of 26 Old 10-16-2012, 11:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonik35143 View Post

its available for sale now from amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-M650VSE-65-Inch-Class-Smart/dp/B0096YOQRO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348512629&sr=8-1&keywords=M650VSE
I just ordered one and should be here in a week, not very comfortable ordering a TV with zero reviews out there but I hope it'll be ok
So how do you like this TV?
post #13 of 26 Old 10-19-2012, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeakybirnbaum View Post

So how do you like this TV?

I'm interested too. I've been looking at the E601i-A3 which is 60" but I wouldn't mind going bigger however there's still no reviews at Amazon on this set and I'm reluctant until I see some.
post #14 of 26 Old 10-21-2012, 11:58 AM

Started a layaway for this TV... just wondering if anyone has had a chance to buy and review. Can't seem to find any.
post #15 of 26 Old 10-24-2012, 02:34 PM

Here's one review.

We bought this VIZIO because our 2 other VIZIO's in our home have been trouble free for 5 years and after looking on line at the usual websites to see what was out there, we thought the price tag at Walmart was affordable. We have had this TV for about 24 hours and enjoying every minute of it! Our whole experience of ordering online, to the pick up at our local Walmart was trouble free. Pick up was a breeze! We measured the back of our Mazda CX7 to see if it would fit and felt it would be no problem even if we needed to slide the box in the back on an angle. We were more than right. After laying down the back seats, we were able to lay the box flat in the back. The box is large and heavy, but manageble for 2 people.

Our previous TV was a 62" Mitsubishi DLP Rear Projection and after another "glitch" in it's systerm we decided to upgrade. This VIZIO took us by surprise when we first saw the quality of the picture. Not that the other was bad on our DLP, but the difference in the clarity of this TV took us by surprise. We love to watch our football and wow, very nice! Love the 2 sided remote and getting to the TV Apps are so easy. It will be nice to use our Netflix w/out having to go thru our Wii. Love that it has builit in Wifi and the different apps. Start up steps are easy to understand so it wasn't difficult to connect to our wireless internet.

The only drawback is the mount the TV sits on. It needs to be made a bit more stable, after all this is a very large TV. The piece that is attached to the back of the TV should be shorter and wider and not so tall. I think this would make it less wobbly and my rating would have been a 5 all around. If you're mounting the TV on the wall, this won't matter. If you plan on having a TV stand, let me suggest Sonax ML-3609 which is an absolute steal at Bestbuy.com, and trust me, I have spent hours looking for an affordable stand. It is over $100 cheaper than anywhere else, isn't available in the store for p/up but it has free shipping! Don't know about you, but I didn't want to break the bank by spending super $$$ on a stand, and I don't want it to look cheap at the same time. We came under budget all around with the purchase of this TV and the stand. Very happy.
post #16 of 26 Old 10-30-2012, 01:29 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 92
This for sale at Costco yet???
post #17 of 26 Old 10-30-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze05 View Post

Here's one review.
We bought this VIZIO because our 2 other VIZIO's in our home have been trouble free for 5 years and after looking on line at the usual websites to see what was out there, we thought the price tag at Walmart was affordable. We have had this TV for about 24 hours and enjoying every minute of it! Our whole experience of ordering online, to the pick up at our local Walmart was trouble free. Pick up was a breeze! We measured the back of our Mazda CX7 to see if it would fit and felt it would be no problem even if we needed to slide the box in the back on an angle. We were more than right. After laying down the back seats, we were able to lay the box flat in the back. The box is large and heavy, but manageble for 2 people.
Our previous TV was a 62" Mitsubishi DLP Rear Projection and after another "glitch" in it's systerm we decided to upgrade. This VIZIO took us by surprise when we first saw the quality of the picture. Not that the other was bad on our DLP, but the difference in the clarity of this TV took us by surprise. We love to watch our football and wow, very nice! Love the 2 sided remote and getting to the TV Apps are so easy. It will be nice to use our Netflix w/out having to go thru our Wii. Love that it has builit in Wifi and the different apps. Start up steps are easy to understand so it wasn't difficult to connect to our wireless internet.
The only drawback is the mount the TV sits on. It needs to be made a bit more stable, after all this is a very large TV. The piece that is attached to the back of the TV should be shorter and wider and not so tall. I think this would make it less wobbly and my rating would have been a 5 all around. If you're mounting the TV on the wall, this won't matter. If you plan on having a TV stand, let me suggest Sonax ML-3609 which is an absolute steal at Bestbuy.com, and trust me, I have spent hours looking for an affordable stand. It is over $100 cheaper than anywhere else, isn't available in the store for p/up but it has free shipping! Don't know about you, but I didn't want to break the bank by spending super $$$ on a stand, and I don't want it to look cheap at the same time. We came under budget all around with the purchase of this TV and the stand. Very happy.

Could you comment on the picture uniformity? Do you see any backlight bleeding?
post #18 of 26 Old 10-31-2012, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigo Contreras View Post

Could you comment on the picture uniformity? Do you see any backlight bleeding?

I don't have the TV yet. That's a review that was posted on walmart.com - There is 3 or 4 more reviews up.

I have the TV on layaway. I should have it just after thanksgiving.
post #19 of 26 Old 10-31-2012, 03:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Our previous TV was a 62" Mitsubishi DLP Rear Projection and after another "glitch" in it's systerm we decided to upgrade. This VIZIO took us by surprise when we first saw the quality of the picture. Not that the other was bad on our DLP, but the difference in the clarity of this TV took us by surprise.
1. I bet the inner lens needed cleaning which would account of probably 1/2 the difference,
2. The technology of DLP RP vs LCD makes the other 1/2. LCD is crisper with an enhanced edge appearance which to the untrained eye might look better. Also, as long as the source is actually HD, LCD looks very crisp, DLP will have a slight tendency to soften the image, which makes non HD look better, similar to Plasmas. Text will also look much sharper which is why LCD's make great PC displays and Plasmas do not.

I also bet they never tweaked the default "torch mode" settings either. wink.gif

post #20 of 26 Old 10-31-2012, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post

This for sale at Costco yet???

http://www.costco.com/VIZIO-65%22-Class-1080p-120Hz-LED-HDTV-M650VSE.product.100008009.html
post #21 of 26 Old 10-31-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze05 View Post

I don't have the TV yet. That's a review that was posted on walmart.com - There is 3 or 4 more reviews up.
I have the TV on layaway. I should have it just after thanksgiving.

Oh ok my mistake.
post #22 of 26 Old 10-31-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigo Contreras View Post

Oh ok my mistake.

It's no problem. I think this TV is going to be a major hit. (Hopefully)
post #23 of 26 Old 10-31-2012, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Im pretty sure this TV has been on display at my local backwoods East Coast Walmart for at least a couple of weeks. It's priced at 1498.

Vizio VP322 Plasma / Vizio GV42LF LCD / Denon 2200 Silicon Image DVD / Panasonic S97 Faroudja Genesis DVD / Oppo 970HD Mediatek DVD / Oppo 983H Anchor Bay DVD / Panasonic LX-600 Laserdisc / Aiwa MX100 Multi-region VCR / JVC S7600 S-VHS / PS2 / Sega Genesis / Nintendo SNES / Roku 2 XS & HD-XR / Realistic STA-90 Reciever / Realistic Minimus 7 / Antennacraft G1483 Hoverman / Belden 7915A RG6 / Channel Master 7777 Titan 2 UHF/VHF / Panasonic AX-200u / Optoma Graywolf 92" / Draper Luma 92"
post #24 of 26 Old 11-07-2012, 05:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Going on sale at SAMs club 999.00 for black friday

post #25 of 26 Old 11-07-2012, 06:28 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxmxmx View Post

gay
No need for name calling...or stating personal preferences. Be like the military don't ask..don't tell

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses". - Abraham Lincoln
post #26 of 26 Old 11-07-2012, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browninggold View Post

No need for name calling...or stating personal preferences. Be like the military don't ask..don't tell

I don't think he was name calling but, just coming out of the closet and wanted to let us know about it. I'm happy for him!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page