Any help adjusting a 47LG70-UG? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-02-2012, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just moved into a furnished rental and the place is nice, but the TV is horrendous. The colours are terrible, yellow/oranges on high contrast backgrounds basically make your eyes bleed.
Now everything is going through a pioneer amp, so that could affect image quality, but right now, I would just like any and all help on making this look better.

I have never adjusted a TV. Up to now they have all, always been perfectly fine. I don't want to bash LG, but I work retail and their TVs always look the worst, though that usually has to do with a massive blue tint. If anyone has one of these and can tell me their settings or share a link regarding the settings on this TV, it would be greatly appreciated as I don't know squat. I am not even 100% certain this is the right section of this forum.
Please and thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-02-2012, 04:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 289
http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-47LG70-UG
post #3 of 4 Old 09-02-2012, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I don't understand how that will help me when I don't know what I am supposed to be doing?
post #4 of 4 Old 09-02-2012, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 244
If you want to set your basics, I'd suggest getting a calibration disk such as WoW or the the free AVS HD709 disk (there other just as good commercial disks as well). That way you can set your brightness, contrast, sharpness, aspect, color etc following rec.709 standards. That can greatly improve your pq. However, you'll need a blu-ray player to use the disk, at least the free AVS HD709. As far as using someone else's settings, that's not always a good idea because the tolerances from tv to tv can vary by enough that what looks good on one set, looks like crap on another. Your viewing environment also has a lot to do with the overall pq. Keep in mind that a lot of mfrs ship their sets with default settings that don't always look because there isn't just one set of settings that look good to everyone, and tv's in retail outlets are usually set to demo mode with basically all the settings jacked up to grab your attention but not necessarily display the kind of pq that the tv is capable of. If your tv is going thru an avr (Pioneer) it may have picture adjustments affecting the tv. I'd make sure that the Pioneer doesn't have any video adjustments enabled first and then try to adjust your set by eye or use one of the cal disks. It's important that you have all artificial video processing disabled (avr and tv) before making any adjustments. However, you will be limited somewhat by what video controls are available to you. I'm not familiar with your LG so I can't say what you have or don't have.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page