How come my "older" VIZIO XVT553SV has a 240 Hz SPS, but the newer M550SL is only 120 SPS? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-02-2012, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is there a reason for this?

I currently own this:
http://www.amazon.com/XVT553SV-55-Inch-TruLED-Dimming-Internet/dp/B003GDHI12

Had it for about two years. Great tv. Looking to add another 55-65" tv to another room. Now Vizio has these:
http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-M550SL-55-Inch-120Hz-Internet/dp/B007TEH0JY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1346639906&sr=1-1&keywords=M550SL

And these are only 120 Hz SPS. Do they not make 240 Hz SPS anymore? What's the reason for this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-01-2012, 11:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I wondered the same thing about the SPS difference and also the Contrast Ratio. Seems like the newer models are taking steps backwards. Perhaps the way they rate these features has changed. However, I did notice that the new 3D models have the 240 Hz, but Contrast Ratio is still lower. At any rate, I recently purchased the older XVT553. They may have stopped production of this model since I found it difficult to find new models. I also noticed that the owner's manual only mentions 120 Hz even though it says 240 Hz on the front of the set.

I have the set connected to the internet via wireless router. Now, if I could just figure out how to get to a music website I subscribe to. Guess I would need a browser window somehow.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page