Where can I see "response times" for every LCD & LED TV? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-03-2012, 01:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In comparing televisions online and figuring out which one to buy, I need to be able to tell how well each one handles motion and motion blur. One aspect of this is comparing "refresh rates," such as 60HZ tvs vs 120HZ. But apparently even more important is "response times," meaning "the time required for a single pixel to turn on or off completely. The higher the response time, the more likely it is that your LCD TV will suffer from motion blur, which is no good for fast-paced action."

This website here, for all LCD TVs in their comparison, lists the response time of each television. http://tv.toptenreviews.com/flat-panel/lcd/

However, for one, I cannot figure out how to compare only 40 or 46 inch LCD's on that site, and for LED tvs, shown here http://tv.toptenreviews.com/led-tv/, they don't list response time at all, which is weird because at the bottom of that very LED page they list response times as one of the most important things to look at when deciding on an LED TV.

Where can I see this spec for all LED tvs, not just LCDs? Would probably be a great resource for everyone here.

And then for my personal TV search, if you're someone who already knows all the response times of every TV and is an expert on this, which would be the best LED and LCD TVs in the 40-46 inch size in terms of response times (lower being better) and refresh rate (higher being better, 120HZ is probably a minimum requirement for what I'm looking for).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-03-2012, 04:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
IMHO Refresh rate is now more important than response time when concerned about motion blur on LCD/LED TVs. The response times have decreased so much in the last couple of years that motion blur does not occure with them, especially that about 90% of the image change occurs in less then about 50% of the response time. If a TV can only change the image on its screen at 60Hz the motin blur on it can certainluy be reduced bay a model that can display 120 different images a second.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-04-2012, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I would still like to have this resource available to me as I have a sensitive eye to motion blur, and all else being equal I would like to find a TV with great response time. That website I linked to specifically mentioned the samsung 46 inch LCD model's 2 millesecond response time as something that made a huge difference for smooth motion as opposed to the 6 millisecond or greater response times of most the other TVs listed.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page