Are you waiting for Black Friday to start shopping for a new TV?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 09-06-2012, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I am ready to buy a new tv, but the only think holding me back is what deals there maybe on black Friday and the shopping season. Now I am not referring to the 200 for a 40 inch deals, but I am hoping maybe a good deal on one of the 70 or 80 inch sharp 3d tvs. Am I dreaming, or do you think they will be marked down at all? Were the 70's marked down at all last year during the Christmas shopping time? I look forward to any and all replies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-06-2012, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Dream on. Black Friday is all about bottom of the barrel, stripped down TVs at low prices just to boost sales and make the uninformed consumers think they got a helluva deal.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-06-2012, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

So the prices stay the same completely even through the season? No sales at all even online? Or is it the same 10 % off of list that we get every year? Can anyone else shed some light on it? And thank you to the person who first replied, I am not discounting your reply, just like to hear what other experiences others may have had as well.
post #4 of 6 Old 09-07-2012, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 105
I'm not saying prices stay the same. However most major brands have adopted the kind of pricing (there's a name for it but I forget what it's called) that offers the cheapest pricing pretty much no matter where or when you buy, so don't expect to find fantastic deals on current, top-of-the-line TVs. Prices historically come down over time, but your question was specifically about Black Friday, so if you are waiting until then to find the TV of your dreams at a rock-bottom price, you are likely to be disappointed. Hopefully, some of the other old-timers on this forum will weigh in on this.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-07-2012, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

Let me rephrase, I ment the whole Christmas shopping season. I just call it the black Friday time, sorry for the confusion. I know there are cheap things going for rock bottom prices on black friday it self, but what about just a good sale during the whole nov 25 through dec 24 is what I ment, hope that helps. And are the deals better on line or in the stores?
post #6 of 6 Old 09-07-2012, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 46
I've been selling tvs since August '06. Things have changed a lot regarding BF/holiday season sales in that time. Whereas some really good deals were to be had on some desirable models the first couple or three seasons this is just no longer the case. It's now pretty much as Boiler Jim has described. There will be better financing/free delivery offers but no deep discounts on the better tvs. I've even seen prices on more desirable sets a bit higher just to take advantage of higher floor traffic. If you're not convinced and want to wait for BF/holiday season don't wait until just before the 24th--stocks get seriously depleted and availability is iffy.

Steve S.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page